Reviews Comments: Meh.
This series is actually ok. You get good characters like Spike, Twilight Sparkle, or Spike. But you also get characters annoying as hell like Rarity, Fluttershy, or the Cutie Mark Crusaders (I REALLY despise the latter two.). And the moral thing of season 1 was real ANNOYING. Most of them you could learn by the time you were 7. There are some funny moments, but it's not nearly as good as people say it is. And sometimes, it's creepy as hell. Like when TS went totally INSANE when she was trying to find something to learn to message Princess Celestia. It's GOOD, but it doesn't deserve the love it's getting. And something that REALLY got under my skin was when they got rid of Discord in just two episodes. He was one of the greatest villains in kids show history, but he's written out after two episodes. I wouldn't mind so much if I knew he was coming back, but I don't. Also, the episodes are SO PREDICTABLE. I could tell what the main plot would be by five minutes in. Like I said, it's good, but INCREDIBLY overrated. I don't think t deserves so many fans, or an episode recap page that, to my knowledge, only Dr Who's episode pages are longer. I can't believe people so old watch this show. Edit: I meant Rainbow Dash, not a second Spike. Sorry about that.
This series is actually ok. You get good characters like Spike, Twilight Sparkle, or Spike.
- Uh-huh. .......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.........
- I do not find Rarity for Fluttershy annoying at all. It's their personality and through several episodes they develop and exhibit traits that counter what appears to be a stereotypical stock character. The CMC get better in the second season.
- ....... I take it you didn't see the second season. And yes, but here's a newsflash for you. IT'S WRITTEN FOR CHILDREN.
- Most people praised that episode precisely for TS's breakdown, since few children's shows even dare to go that way these days.
- Okay I admit it's got way too much hype, especially online.
- Oh, so you did see Season 2. Well um... hey... You should've noticed a formula by then. The first two episodes of a season concern one adventure with many fantasy/action elements, and the rest of the season concern more Slice Of Life elements with less threatening antagonists. Bringing Discord back after his story won't just throw off his demise (being again trapped in a stone prison for assumingly thousands of years more), but he would finish the other episodes in one minute each! Everyone KNEW Discord would be in those episodes, and ONLY those episodes.
comment #13870 Shota 17th Apr 12 (edited by: kirbystarwarior)
"Most of them you could learn by the time you were 7." Well.....yeah. It's a children's show. I really wish people would stop using "overrated" as an argument. It's such an arbitrary term.
comment #13875 PurpleDalek 17th Apr 12 (edited by: PurpleDalek)
"Overrated"? Maybe. However, how much others like the show shouldn't affect how much you like it.
comment #13876 Kerrah 17th Apr 12
I think people might be taking this a teensy bit too seriously.
comment #13877 GameChainsaw 18th Apr 12
I think this is a troll. For example, "Spike, Twilight Sparkle or Spike." Wait, but there's only one character named Spike! Most morals you could learn by 7? Well this is written for children who are under 7! "It's GOOD, but it doesn't deserve the love it's getting." Badly worded, as that means it deserves no love, despite that it's good. "And something that REALLY got under my skin was when they got rid of Discord in just two episodes." They did the same to Nightmare Moon, both cases were episode 1 & 2 of each season, there's a pattern so simple, even the target demographic can spot it. Okay, maybe it isn't a troll, but this is just my assumption, and maybe I didn't write my points well, but I'm not trained to spot trolls.
comment #13882 Trialman 18th Apr 12
"For example, "Spike, Twilight Sparkle or Spike." Wait, but there's only one character named Spike!" That was the point, methinks.
comment #13885 Wackd 18th Apr 12 (edited by: kirbystarwarior)
comment #13903 DavidtheMouse14 19th Apr 12 (edited by: kirbystarwarior)
Oh boy, you just had to say that you despise Fluttershy. Let the hunt begin. (I don't really give a shit myself, but a lot of people would flay you alive for disliking Fluttershy)
comment #15886 Arachnos 22nd Aug 12
So basically this is overrated the review, and you get edit my comments this time so BLEH.
comment #15972 DavidtheMouse14 31st Aug 12
when trolls cant vandal the wiki they leave reviews like this one
comment #15988 AnsemPaul 2nd Sep 12
You didn't really go much into detail about the pros of the series, even though you said it was ok.
comment #16062 Awesomekid42 10th Sep 12
"You disagree with me? TROLL!" Everything said here is reasonable, even if he doesn't mention the positives of the series.
comment #16326 Austin 30th Sep 12
It's funny because Spike was called the "new Rainbow Dash" at one point. Also, we'll see Discord again, that's been confirmed. Probably as a flashback/history episode.
comment #16625 dogman15 24th Oct 12
It might help if you specified what you find annoying about each of the characters you mentioned as being annoying.
comment #16768 DracoDei 3rd Nov 12
You said you despise Fluttershy? I have one word for you. RUN. Before Fluttershy's fan kill you for sure.
comment #17020 flamemario12 30th Nov 12
To be fair there is a limit on the amount of characters you can use, so the person might not be able to get all their points across.
comment #17508 Kajeet 31st Dec 12
@Kajeet: Actually, there's a limit on the amount of words, not characters.
comment #17777 flamemario12 19th Jan 13
In order to post comments, you need to