Of all the games I've played, Saga Frontier is the one that I think deserves to be remade the most. After all, it was released incomplete, with one quest missing (Fuse's) due to time constraints, and some of the Main Quests (notably Lute's) felt shorter than the others. The game has other flaws, such as:
- Too much stuff (ranging from secret items and characters to whole sidequests) that had no clues as to them, making them way too easy to miss;
- Similarly, while the ability systems were interesting, they were hard to figure out (I had so much trouble figuring out the combo system I couldn't beat Rikki's next-to-last Boss, who required a "scoring" of combo points to defeat.)
- Finally, The graphics were too silly for some of the more serious quests (like Asellus'); I also had trouble making things out in the backgrounds, they were too cluttered.
- A far more varied selection of playable characters than even in other Sa Ga games (ranging from a Superhero to A Half-Vampire to a Shapeshifter to a Robot!)
- A fully realized universe that combined both high fantasy and science fiction in ways seldom seen;
- Some very good music, especially in the final Boss battles.
- Plenty of extensive sidequests that could be shared or split among the characters;
- And of course, the special reward for completing all 7 Main quests.
In order to post comments, you need to