Mass Effect 3 is...
Well, let's point out the good stuff first.
1. Character writing is superb. Some of the best I've seen. I feel like these characters are real, sometimes. One of my favorite scenes will forever be seeing Garrus and my Male Shep just...being happy. Talking, shooting bottles, and just acting like friends.
2. Gameplay is fun. I don't know about everyone, but I loved my Vanguard as he flung evildoers into the air and blasted them. Weapons are great. Powers are fun. Gameplay is awesome.
3. There's so much continuity. So many references to past adventures. I feel like this is the end to my Shepard's continuity. Really, I feel like that isn't just a Shepard, I feel like its THE Shepard. MY Shepard.
So fun gameplay, amazing characters, and just a fun adventure, through and through...So what's wrong with it?
1. Disc swapping is a tad annoying. It was a bit of a problem at first, but it thankfully ended as I progressed.
2. Tali's face. Yeah, okay, a bit of a cop out, but I don't care. I love her still, for her personality, even if her real face is...unimaginative.
3. And of course, the endings. Yeah...What can I say that others haven't? Well for one thing, I'm not as heartbroken and rage induced as others. Do I find them disappointing? Yes, sadly, I do. Do I think they're god awful? No. I think that if they were polished and fixed, it could have ended better. I hate to say this, but I do wish there was a more black and white choice. A simple, 'Take control of the Reapers and make humanity on top.' and 'Destroy or exile the Reapers.' thing. Cliche, and obvious, but I would have preferred it, to be honest. For what its worth, I looked it as happily as I could. Is it what I wanted? No. Would I change it if I could? Probably.
But it doesn't ruin the game. Characters are still amazingly written. Gameplay is outrageously fun. Everything looks beautiful. There are background conversations that make me tear up inside. My romance with Tali made me smile. No, the game isn't perfect, but the ending doesn't ruin it for me, and I believe it shouldn't ruin it for you. The game itself is still an amazing ride, even if the end is...bumpy. And forced in.