for the X-box 360 is an affordable downloadable 2-D shooting game that is easy to learn and difficult to master. Like with all 2-D shooting games, it is all about practicing it so that you can beat the game without getting hit and obtain a high score. There is also a new gameplay mode designed specifically for the X-Box 360 that is easy for new players to figure out
- The bloody violence of the Muromachi period is really brought across, not to mention all the Japanese supernatural elements. If you like Okami, Onimusha, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Genpei Toumaden, or other such games for their connection to that primal supernatural world, then you should definitely take a look at this game.
- Artwork by "Joker" Junya Inoue is hardly anime-esque at all, instead bringing across a gritty and violent atmosphere. For example, just look at the first playable character, Shishin.
- Two new gameplay modes, including one that makes good use of the X-box 360 controller and is pretty fun to play even for casual players.
- The music, much like the game itself, fuses traditional Japanese styles with hard-thumping techno.
- This game is download-only, so you will need to buy Microsoft Points to get it.
- The in-game visuals are just like the arcade version. If you are not into high-scoring and getting your name on leaderboards, and are just playing the game to finish it, this may not be a wise purchase.
- The final boss is drastically-more-difficult than anything previously seen in the game, and will be a source of much frustration when trying to do a no-miss playthrough.