- If a member of my science team dies and his crippled-but-fixable twin brother is the only possible replacement, I will have the brother sign a contract and fix him before he is shipped out.
- I will not have Starcraft players design my equipment. If I can bring battle-suits and bulldozers, I can bring long-range artillery.
- If I am not dedicated to the cause of evil, I will not have a lunatic as my chief military officer.
- If I am evil, my science/psy-ops team will be screened for such annoying qualities as "mercy" and "ethics".
- If I am willing to wage a war of extermination, I will prepare for this. If my science team can clone them, it should also be able to design contagious bioweapons.
- Prisoners will not be guarded by one guy in an insecure room.
- Hangars will be guarded so my battle-scarred commander does not have to hold his breath and start shooting at them himself.
- If two thousand primitives that I can track from orbit are a mortal threat to hundreds of my soldiers, I will ponder where my life went wrong.
- If I forgot to bring tanks, but have brought lots of large bulldozers capable of easily smashing through trees, I will incorporate the bulldozers in my front line.
- I will give my army weapons that can quickly kill local fauna, particularly if my army is stronger than normal humans.
- Schools that teach English will get as much information from the natives as they can. My entire intelligence apparatus will not be one guy on a vision quest.
- If my top scientist says that the trees are a neural network larger than a human brain, I will believe her and convene my strategy team to use that information against it. And I will actually have a strategy team.
- If I have orbital capabilities, I will bomb things from orbit instead of having people dump things out the back of a shuttle.
- If I'm the vision-quest guy and I need to leave my host body, I will tell my alien girlfriend this well in advance.
- If I find myself leading a tribe of savages against a modern-equipped army, I will teach them at least the basics of guerilla warfare, so they don't charge into machineguns.
- If I win such a conflict, I will demand that the remaining humans develop a defensive infrastructure in case we are attacked again.
- If I have $300M to spend on a movie, I will not pay a third-grader ten bucks to write the script.
In order to post comments, you need to