I\'m a big fan of superhero comics, but I just can\'t get behind this one. From what I\'ve seen, Superman is a Flying Brick, with an immense Superpower Lottery at his disposal. Heat vision, cold breath, immunity to bullets, X-ray vision, microscopic vision, super speed… at what point should the writers give up and just hand him absolute power? Now, when it comes to weaknesses, this irks me even more. Take Superman out of the comics, and put him in the real world.
- A world where kryptonite\'s closest equivalent is a noble gas in the atmosphere, and is chemically inert.
- Fun fact: Superman\'s only weak to kryptonite because the voice actor for a cartoon was sick.
- Magic doesn\'t exist, obviously.
- We can\'t take a fight with Superman in range of a red sun.
- Short of a homemade railgun, the average human wouldn\'t be able to hit Superman hard enough to hurt him.
- Dropping a nuke to hurt Superman would be tantamount to using a minigun, with a flamethrower and grenade launcher duct-taped to it, to hunt rabbits; it\'s way too much, and will destroy everything else in the crossfire.
- If Superman fails, he could just zoom around the world, and reset time to Set Right What Once Went Wrong.
In order to post comments, you need to