08:04:22 AM Jul 15th 2017
Hmmm, so I talked with a moderator, and he said that I might as well settle with World At War as a name for CODWAW's separate page. Is this fine?
08:47:10 AM Jul 6th 2017
So, how do I make a separate page for Call of Duty: World at War? I've played it enough to provide enough tropes for it. So could someone please help me with this?
12:06:51 AM Jun 17th 2015
While it's very attractive from a design standpoint to give a minimum range to a weapon like the grenade launcher to avoid the cheesiness of an only vaguely aimed impact grenade being supreme in close quarters combat, it's not actually arbitrary. In real life, 40mm grenades actually have a minimum arming distance of between 14 and 28 meters—it's a safety feature intended to protect the user.
09:58:31 AM Mar 27th 2015
Anyone in favor of turning "Call of Duty" into an index? I feel like we've got enough subcategories of Call of Duty subpages to warrant it these days (the original World War II series, the Modern Warfare trilogy, the Black Ops and Black Ops II games each have their own pages, Ghosts, and Advanced Warfare). Regardless of what CoD game we get this year, it's probably going to have enough tropes to be on its own page too.
01:53:14 PM Oct 19th 2016
Definitely, it's baffling that there isn't an index to sort all the many games in the series.
01:30:25 PM Sep 14th 2013
Hi folks I need a bit of help with an example(s) from a Special Efforts thread. See InstantDeathBullet Sandbox for more details Links to threads are in the description. Any help, suggestions, or other info can be posted to The Special Efforts thread The examples shown here could perhaps be salvaged with more context or used in other tropes. What game mechanics, if any, make instant death possible with these games? Please be specific. For example weapons, hit locations, critical damage, direct one shot one kill weapons (like the Golden Gun in GoldenEye) Does an Instant Death Bullet Occur in cut scenes, gameplay, or anywhere else in the game?
- Call of Duty series
- Call Of Duty averted when the Last Stand/Second Chance perk is equipped. Mortally wounded players can stay alive for about thirty seconds, lying on the floor and wielding a pistol, though the next hit will kill them. Adhered to though in that some attacks do ignore this perk. Modern Warfare 2 combines a similar feature with regenerating health. Playing Hardcore multiplayer makes every bullet a potential Instant Death Bullet.
- Call Of Duty 2: AI enemies will sit up on their shoulder and fire their pistol at you and your allies before dying. This behavior continues into later games. They are also seen crawling and writhing until someone shoots them again and they drop.
- Call Of Duty 4. The Big Bad, Zakhaev, survives a BFG .50 BMG round. Played straight at the end of "Game Over" however when you can take down the Big Bad and one to two henchmen with pistol shots. In fact, shooting them in the legs seems to be the only way to take more than one bullet.
- Modern Warfare 2. Averted and possibly played straight in "Loose Ends". Roach is wounded by a mortar near the end of the level, and is then shot in the stomach by Shepherd. Roach goes down, but is still conscious, and then Shepherd shoots Ghost in the chest/neck area. Because of his balaclava and sunglasses, it's not really apparent if he's limp but aware like Roach, unconscious from shock, or just outright dead.
- Modern Warfare 3: Averted by Yuri and Harkov, who both survive being shot by Makarov. Harkov immediately gets shot again, though, and in the last level Yuri goes down after being shot about four times.