02:44:11 AM Feb 22nd 2013
edited by chaosakita
edited by chaosakita
Removed a lot of examples I considered to be personally unfitting:
- Some Pokemon have...interesting details on their bodies. Kadabra and Reshiram, for example, have a little extra something down there, if you look closely enough.
- Gardevoir, Jynx, Gothorita and Froslass can all learn Flash. Think about it.
- There's an Awkward Zombie comic that plays off this.
- Smoochum, Ralts, Kirlia, and Gothita can use the move as well. They're based off little girls...
- In fact, in Black and White, a man jumps out at you from behind a back-alley dumpster to give you the Flash TM. Uh...
- Which also happens in Black 2 and White 2, though it's a different NPC.
- Jynx's pokedex entry mentions that it seductively wiggles its hips as it walks and apparently causes others to unconsciously do the same thing. Yes, the word "seductively" is actually used.
- Speaking of 'seductively', in the anime, the voice Jynx has in the old episode 'Holiday Hi-Jynx' is...interesting.
- Honchkrow (nicknamed "Pimpkrow" by the fans) has some obvious Mafia don/pimp basis, especially its pink shiny form. Even its behavior hints at this, with it lording it over underlings (who are partially based on witches) and taking the lion's share of what they have.
- The shape of Magmar's forehead didn't go unnoticed. And its Japanese name is "Boober"
- There's a Show Within a Show, "Kokkan Talk", in Black and White that teaches viewers Japanese words. One installment ends in the male host yelling "shimatta!" at the top of his lungs, in response to finding out that a girl he was hitting on was his co-host. This translates, roughly, to "Shit!". Yeah. Bear in mind, though, that the Japanese do not have the concept of profanity. It just doesn't exist. Equating "shimatta" to "shit" is simply a Translation Convention. It would be as profane as an English-speaker saying "oh, no!".
- Eusine's original artwork from◊ Crystal. Look at his right hand! In Britain, two reverse fingers is the equivalent of Flipping the Bird.
- Gorebyss, while not your average mermaid, still wears a Seashell Bra. It can learn Shell Smash...and it has no shell outside said bra.
- It's possible for a female Azurill to evolve into a male Marill. This is due to the former having a different gender ratio (1 male to 3 female) than the latter (1 to 1). Thus, the hidden values that determine gender in Azurill may get determined as male in Marill. It's unknown if this is supposed to be on purpose (there are some animals that shift from female to male), or some sort of programming error.
- Roxie's concept art◊ has her doing an Eyelid Pull Taunt but if you look at her fingers you can also see she's Flipping the Bird. She's the only one whose concept art had a drastic change from the released version so it's safe to say someone caught onto this.
- In a literal case, it's described that the Berry fertilizer, Mulch, is composed of "high-enriched soil and Pokémon er, well ...you know."
- The episode where Ash battles Lt. Surge. Well, after Pikachu's Crowning Moment of Awesome, it jumps up into Ash's arms and shocks him. Then Ash says, "Wow! Now I can see LOTS of lucky stars!" And they just stay like that, as Pikachu continues to shock him to their mutual enjoyment. How did they manage THAT one?!
- In the Japanese version of the same episode, Lt. Surge (who already uses a liberal amount of Gratuitous English) throws in "Goddamn!" while Pikachu runs rings around Raichu. Watch for 00:40.
- James uses "bloody" a lot in the dub. It seems like a case of Did Not Do the Bloody Research but James fits the "rich Brit" stereotype and his parents have accents so he's obviously aware of the meaning and is using it correctly.
- His mother has a Southern accent, and his father has a British one. James has a vaguely British one.
- In Gone Corphishing, Ash and friends are knocked into the sea, and May spends a portion of that episode with a blanket wrapped around her. Three guesses to what happened to her clothes...
- Even better, Ash isn't wearing any pants in the same scene. Combine those two and see what it reminds you of.
- In the Japanese version of the second Johto Journeys episode, "The Double Trouble Header", Brock shows attraction to Casey (OOC since she's ten or so years old). He mentions in eight years she'd be pretty fun.
07:17:49 PM Feb 26th 2013
- How I Became a Pokémon Card had a Transsexual character in it. However, like the latter case it was released only in Japan, where values differ.
- In the Daycare: "The two Pokémon love playing with each other."
- Remember, that's what they're actually doing, provided they can breed with each other. It takes a new meaning for the ever popular Skitty/Wailord pairing, though...
- Crystal's introduction sees her dropping her skirt in order to take on some Slugma, with Professor Oak getting flustered. We don't see until the next page that she's got bike shorts on underneath.
- The first Pokémon manga, a 4koma series, often depicted Red as a mild Lovable Sex Maniac. It had quite a few Fanservice scenes and its fair share of Fan Disservice, and has allusions to Ho Yay.
- Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure! has oh-so-many examples. For instance, the main character beaning a guy in the junk with a Poké Ball, only to have Piplup emerge in the poor sap's crotch and get stuck. And let's not forget the Galactic grunt with the swollen ass, whose name MEANS ass (sort of, it's a Japanese pun), and whose ass gets abused at every possible turn.
- There's also a not-so-subtle reference to bras in one omake.
04:19:13 PM Oct 17th 2012
Elesa blows a kiss (a heart?) to both player characters in the credits, so I gave that a minor edit.
12:32:45 PM Aug 28th 2012
Some examples I removed, for not seeming to fit the trope. Feel free to debate, of course.
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers managed to get suggestions of suicide past the radar. As well as overloads of Nightmare Fuel.
- The Japanese version of Pokémon is quite perverted, actually; a lot of the stuff people say can be seen as sexual harassment.
- In the overseas version, there are many sexual things that could count as softcore porn.
- In the Hoenn games you accidentally knock off a female swimmer's top in battle.
- The elemental trio of monkeys in Pokémon Black and White can learn fling. ... what do monkeys fling, exactly?
- When they use fling, they can only throw their held item, as it fails when the user isn't holding an item.
- Medicham's knees. Just look at them!
- Another swimmer at one point says that a wave washed her swimsuit off.
- The biggest concern is that Jynx can learn Flash which can lower accuracy by blinding them temporarily, Lick which can paralyze, and Lovely Kiss which puts someone to sleep. Think about that for a while. A blonde, busty, sexy, and affectionate Pokemon can flash, lick, and kiss others while they're paralyzed or asleep. Now let it sink in that this is a character on a franchise popular with younger audiences.
- There's a combination of moves — Stockpile, and then either Swallow (heals) or Spit Up (attacks). Spit or swallow, the eternal problem.
- The move Harden has been the butt of jokes since the early days of the franchise. The banana shape of the Mon most known for using it does not help matters.
- Cloyster bears a striking resemblance to a certain organ present in roughly half of the human population. The Internet has not failed to notice this.
- Just think about the name and body shape of Jigglypuff.
- Pokémon Snap has a screen where Oak says "Press A to do it!".