09:22:28 AM Dec 10th 2014
"Only the mouth. Any further and they would become The Blank." Some examples, such as Star trek the original series, removes more than just the mouth. I think instead, it should say "Only the mouth. Any further and they would become The Blank. Unless the purpose is to silence the victim."
12:16:07 PM Feb 26th 2012
Would stitching the mouth shut count? For example, Loki of Norse Mythology had his mouth sewn shut after losing a bet.
11:46:37 PM Feb 23rd 2011
This is not an example — the mouth was not removed.
- The Protoss in StarCraft have no mouths. Them being a telepathic race, this seems like no big deal, until you read the race histories in the manual which has several Protoss eating in one part.
- Several novels point out that they feed off sunlight, similar to plants. How they get minerals and nutrients into their bodies is not explained. Perhaps, it's too gross for a human to even think about.
11:46:23 PM Feb 23rd 2011
This probably not an example — the mouth is not being removed in a scene as part of a story.
- World of Warcraft One of the appearance options for male Forsaken is a missing lower jaw, with the tongue hanging down and everything.
11:45:35 PM Feb 23rd 2011
11:45:20 PM Feb 23rd 2011
This is not an example — it's not just the mouth.
- A short film on YouTube features a man in a bathroom. He starts shaving his facial hair, then he literally shaves his face clean off.
11:45:01 PM Feb 23rd 2011
This is not an example of the trope, just a use of the title phrase.
- When "No Face" begins eating everyone in the bath house he stops by one spirit and says, "Wipe that smile off your face...... YOU'RE STILL SMILING!" And then eats him.