11:34:28 PM Oct 13th 2013
edited by 184.108.40.206
edited by 220.127.116.11
The following examples have been commented out and copied to here because they're Zero Context Examples. Please don't add them back unless you also add context to show how they fit this trope. Anime & Manga
- Quell from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito.
- Shakira from The Warlord. (Tara at least hails from the mightiest city in all of Skartaris.)
- Panther Woman, Juliette Burber's alter ego in 9 Chickweed Lane.
- Shanna the She-Devil, especially when drawn by Frank Cho in her relaunch.
- The eponymous heroine of Jungle Girl, for the same exact reason.
- Nävis in the first issue of Sillage.
- Loana the Fair One (Raquel Welch, pictured above) in One Million Years B.C..
- Weena (played by Yvette Mimieux) in the 1960 version of The Time Machine.
- Estella Warren as Daena in the 2001 remake of Planet of the Apes, not to mention her predecessor, Linda Harrison as Nova in the 1968 original.
- Caroline Munro in At the Earth's Core.
- Pretty much everyone in 10,000 BC under the age of thirty, male or female. Actually, considering the low life expectancy of your average neolithic human, this might actually be a moment of accidental Fridge Brilliance.
- Sean Connery in Zardoz.
- The entire female cast of Prehistoric Women.
- Rima the Bird Girl in WH Hudson's Green Mansions: A Romance of the Tropical Forest. Later became a DC Comics character as Rima the Jungle Girl.
- Cavegirl - Cavegirl herself from the children's BBC series of the same name. A large proportion of the cast in fact.
- Veronica Layton from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World.
- There's one of these in the 1991 Land Of The Lost series.
- Power Rangers
- Lilika of Rogue Galaxy.
- Can you say Shaak Ti from The Force Unleashed? Or her sassy young apprentice, Maris Brood.
- Krystal from the Star Fox series. At least for her first appearance.
- Zhu Rong from Dynasty Warriors.
- Sheva's tribal costume in Resident Evil 5.
- Most of the cavegirls from the Joe & Mac series.
03:46:56 PM Oct 29th 2010
Apparently Sapphire is not a strong example.
- Sapphire at times during her arc in Pokemon Special.
Sapphire: Don't you dare appear before me again!!
- There was a single incident where Sapphire took off her clothes in front of Ruby, leaving only the leaf outfit. This was not Fanservice at work; Ruby expressed his prioritizing Pokemon contests over saving Hoenn from Groudon and Kyogre, and Teams Magma and Aqua by extension, and boy, was she utterly pissed off at him! To drive the point home, she shoved the very letter he wrote for her at the start of the arc in his face and spelled out for him the only reason she wore those clothes in the first place!