11:41:29 AM Dec 25th 2015
Page was renamed per TRS.
08:15:41 PM Jan 3rd 2013
06:55:28 PM Nov 1st 2012
The Living MacGuffin trope is not for every MacGuffin who is living. The trope only allows MacGuffins who are not in captivity. I deleted these examples:
- Princess Peach (Toadstool), of course, in the original Super Mario Bros. and a number of sequels. Her only purpose is to be kidnapped, then wait for Mario to rescue her. Peach averts this trope in games, such as the RPGs, where she has a more significant role.
- Happens sometimes in the Zelda games.
- In The Legend of Zelda, Princess Zelda is the ultimate MacGuffin. Link needs to collect the other Mac Guffins, the Triforce of Wisdom and Triforce of Power, in order to get to her.
- In Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Link must rescue a kidnapped child. This is a humorous example because the game treats the child just like any other inventory item.
- In The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Princess Zelda and the other six Barrier Maidens .
- In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, most of the Seven Sages (several of whom don't know that they are Sages).
- The backstory of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask turns the fairy Navi into one of these; looking for her is what leads Link into the adventure. It's a twist on the trope because he never actually finds her in the game.
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle Games: Din the Oracle of Seasons and Nayru the Oracle of Ages.
- Princess Zelda again, in The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords.
- There's a bunch in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, including the children kidnapped from Ordon Village and Prince Ralis.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, there's Tetra, of course, as well as the three Spirits of Power, Courage, and Wisdom. Also, on the Ghost Ship, there are the four Cubus sisters.
- Zelda again took her rightful place as MacGuffin in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
04:24:33 AM Jul 16th 2010
Would Zelda go here or in Macguffin girl? Every time she appears, she is wanted for something, whether it is because the Triforce of Wisdom is in her, she is the incarnation of the Light Force, or because she knows the location of a hidden Triforce piece