03:15:38 PM Nov 16th 2017
As a rule of thumb how many points need to be filled in order for someone to count?
08:49:31 PM Sep 8th 2016
"Anyone who has seen Felix the Cat: The Movie would get this! " Hmm...sounds very ZCE-ish. I'm not familiar enough with it to fix, though.
11:29:26 AM Aug 17th 2016
Wait, the text with Sally O'Neil doesn't say why she really is this trope.
- Sadist Teacher Sally O'Neil serves this to Big Bad Wannabe Rancid Rabbit in the CatDog Drama Bomb Finale of season 2, Back to School. Turns out she seems to be a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing (as well as the Greater-Scope Villain throughout the entire show) considering that Cat's annoys her for no reason what so ever.
01:57:25 PM Aug 15th 2016
edited by Gagaga_Madness
edited by Gagaga_Madness
I do wonder, would Judai Yuki (as Haou Judai) from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX in Season 3 be one? He did have some of the traits:
- Has a Badass Cape
- May turn out to be a colleague of The Mentor or related to one of the protagonists. Especially if he's an Archnemesis Dad. If the mentor is killed in action, the Vader Clone is likely the one to do it.
- May have been a Fallen Hero.
- Often a Magic Knight or equivalent.
- Is sometimes The Dragon instead of the Big Bad, as the original Vader was. In this case, the Darth Vader clone often supports a physically weaker, less combative, or more magical evil mastermind.
- May also have complex motivations that make him/her more of an Anti-Villain, although still somewhat dark.
- Speaks in a really deep voice. Expect his/her voice to either sound metallic or machine-like as well if possible, which is tied to the mask, armor, and fall from grace.
- Carries a weapon. Commonly a sword. Bonus points if it's red.
- Possibly Reforged into a Minion.
- May pull a Heel–Face Turn in the end of the story.
- May sometimes be the main character.
08:25:37 AM Aug 18th 2016
10:35:42 AM Sep 18th 2013
So like I've said, going by the list Obito doesn't fit. He's The Dragon with a deep voice and a mask. Even adding Fallen Hero into the mix there's tons of characters out there that fit these qualifications and aren't Vader Clones. May well say Durbe from Yugioh Zexal is a Darth Vader Clone. Deep voice, mask, fallen hero. These things alone do not a Vader make.
- None of these are comparable to Tobi of Naruto. He is Obito Uchiha, who was the direct parallel to Naruto until he suffered grievous injuries, resulting in replacing his crushed half of the body with an artificial body. He then gain a Mask, then a Freudian Excuse to become a Fallen Hero, and The Heavy Dragon of The Man Behind the Man. He speaks in a really deep voice. He then ended up battling his former teacher, Minato the Fourth Hokage, and being responsible for the man's death, and love to turn heroes to his side so he can betray his master. Japanese Vader, say hello to your fanbase.
03:14:25 PM Sep 8th 2012
Removed this example: "Darth Malak from Knights of the Old Republic is possibly the most obvious Darth Vader expy." While Malak shares a few characteristics with Vader, he does not fit this trope. First and most obviously, his armor is red, not black, his "mask" does not cover his entire face, and he is not a cyborg (well, other than his jaw). Second, his relationship with the main protagonist is completely different; Master and apprentice rather than son and father. He is also the Big Bad and not The Dragon. If anyone thinks this example should be re-added post your arguments here.
07:53:43 AM Jun 24th 2012