05:45:20 AM Feb 12th 2013
- "The ancient play Antigone is about a woman choosing between law and loyalty to her brother. She chooses burying her brother though it is against the law, forcing her uncle to choose between her and the law. He chooses the law.
- The laws of the gods insisted Polynices be buried; King Creon decreed that he must not be buried because he attacked the city. Antigone chose gods' law rather then king's law. A priest even calls Creon out on his treatment of Antigone."
11:42:27 AM Sep 18th 2012
The Naruto example was an abomination of natter. I've tried to remove the spoiler mark up over nearly everything. If it's wrong FIX IT!
- Naruto. Itachi, anyone? I mean, the guy killed his family to protect his village, despite the fact they were being accused of trying to destroy the village without any proof other than some not-so-long-dead leader of the clan could do it (the same not-so-long-dead leader who actually HELPS HIM KILL THEM ALL). Someone here really has screwed up loyalties.]]
- There was proof. Itachi had no choice but to execute the clan after the negotiations with the Third Hokage failed. Only Madara-the Complete Monster Big Bad claims the Uchiha were oppressed.]]
- Actually this was affirmed by Danzo, who tried to Hannibal Lecture Sasuke for "wasting" Itachi sacrifice, from being a failure as a Ninja (who are selfless, replaceable tools) and declaring that without the Uchiha genocide there would have been a 4th Ninja war. It didn't stick and that the Nidaime Hokage did snub the Uchiha Clan because Senju prejudice. The entire Complete Monster, Villany of the Uchiha is in fact Fanon from haters of the Uchihas (especially Sasuke). This show also in Sasuke, who had the loyalty of his brother wishes against his Clan desire. He chose the latter.
- It most likely comes from how two Uchihas have attempted to destroy the Village. Not to mention Madara is a liar who lies a lot and isn't even the real Madara, who was the one who attacked the village with the Nine Tails, which resulted in the Elders and Danzo to persecute the Uchihas to the point that they planned a coup in the first place. Itachi's friend Shisui Uchiha who was ordered to watch him in case he attempted to betray the Uchihas for the Village actually sides with the Village and tells his friend Itachi to protect it even at the cost of the clan. Itachi has also shown that he choose to kill the Uchihas of his own free will because he valued peace and the village over the Uchiha clan and was willing to use Shisui's eye that was in the crow Naruto was forced into swallowing to brainwash Sasuke into protecting the village for the rest of life while leaving Sasuke subconsciously aware of everything going on around him.]] The village as a whole did not persecute the Uchihas and the Third Hokage even attempted to get peace between both sides which failed.