11:51:10 AM Jun 9th 2014
Pulled this for misuse of Canon Welding. Whatever their similarities, Noah isn't Utnapishtim and there is (for example) no hint that Gilgamesh exists in the "Genesis universe". Same with Cain and Abel and the days of Creation; similarities do not imply identity.
- Canon Welding: Genesis seems to take a number of story elements from various mythologies and weld them together into a new myth that ties together at least Egyptian, Canaanite, and Sumerian stories.
- Genesis' six days of Creation seem to parallel the six generations of gods in the Enűma Eliš.
- The story of Cain and Abel resonates with the Egyptian "Tale Of The Brothers".
- Noah looks like an Expy of Utnapishtim (known to us from The Epic of Gilgamesh) or Zi-ud-sura.
- In the Extended Universenote , one of the characters from Genesis (YHWH) is directly or indirectly responsible for the creation of /all/ stories, so this story welds together all canons into one canonical Canon.