06:10:57 PM Apr 9th 2015
should we add a page for fanworks? i found that there are a lot of fan games and webcomics pages of megaman in general.
12:57:27 AM Apr 10th 2015
If they have pages here, you can list them on FanWorks.Mega Man.
09:09:10 AM Apr 1st 2015
For the Mega Man Villains Character Page, should I add Mega Man Shadow's tropes under Quint's character tropes, since they are the same person, or under his own section? Also, for Robot Masters that are not in the "main line" games, should they go on this page or the Robot Masters page? If the latter, I will move the Stardroids and the Dimensions to the Robot Masters page.
12:15:27 AM Sep 3rd 2013
Does Mighty No. 9 really deserve mention here since it's not a Mega Man game?
03:07:36 AM Sep 3rd 2013
edited by 126.96.36.199
edited by 188.8.131.52
Games that are virtually similar to one another in concept get a mention on other pages all the time on this wiki, usually as a "Compare With". Especially if the games involve the same director/development team or were inspired by one another in some fashion. Considering that most fans of Mega Man feel that Mighty No. 9 is probably as close to a new game for the Mega Man franchise as they're going to get, and that Inafune is helming the project after leaving Capcom, people are of course going to link them to each other, even if the similarities end up being superficial.
08:09:30 AM Sep 3rd 2013
The only thing that's keeping Mighty No. 9 from actually being a Mega Man game is that the protagonist isn't called Mega Man. It's intended, pretty explicitly, to be as close to a Mega Man game as is possible.
08:19:13 AM Sep 3rd 2013
A Spiritual Successor by much of the same staff, explicitly inspired both in terms of appearance and game design? I think it warrants a mention.
10:09:52 AM Sep 3rd 2013
How can it be a successor if the franchise it's 'succeeding' isn't over?
10:42:01 AM Sep 3rd 2013
"Successor" in the case of this trope just means "sequel." There are many examples of a Spiritual Successor that were necessitated because another company retained the rights to a work, thus the series was ongoing, while the creative staff went off to do its own thing.
07:17:01 AM Apr 15th 2012
Should we move this page to Franchise.Mega Man?
07:06:38 PM Sep 26th 2011
If this is supposed to be a page for the franchise as a whole, shouldn't the tropes on this page be limited to underlying themes and recurring elements within the series, with specific (single game or single series) examples being relegated to the respective pages?
03:48:13 PM Feb 9th 2012
edited by SamMax
edited by SamMax
Can't argue with that. But for me, I only got my start reading the comics, and I've yet to buy a single game (which I should). Someone more qualified willing to step up?
10:18:22 AM Sep 28th 2010
I want to add these to 5 Bad Band page... Are these really an example? Mega Man Zero: Copy X and the Four Guardians (although the latter aren't exactly "villains")
- Big Bad: Copy X
- The Dragon: Harpuia (the spiritual successor)
- Evil Genius: Phantom's the only one of the five to try both a sneak attack and a boss fight before his stage even begins. His division in the Neo Arcadian army is also stated as the Intelligence Unit.
- The Brute: Fefnir; may not be the largest per se, but he's the most impulsive.
- Dark Chick/Dark Action Girl: Leviathan.
- Big Bad and Evil Genius: Dr.Weil
- The Dragon: Omega. Very Ax Crazy, yet loyal to Weil.
- The Brute: Copy X Mk-II (a ruthless Knight Templar who is easily manipulated by Weil and is very aggresive in battle.)
- The Dark Chick and Sixth Ranger: Baby Elves (they're considered "distant" enough from the other members and only recruited 1/3 into the story.)
- Sixth Column: Harpuia, Fefnir and Leviathan (they're stripped off of their positions and later aid Zero in his battle against Omega.)
- Big Bad: Master Albert
- Co Dragons/The Starscream: Prometheus and Pandora
- Evil Genius: Aeolus. If you call others "fools", than you qualify for this position.
- The Brute: Atlas. A fight-happy girl who want to force evolution on the world by creating a constant war.
- The Dark Chick: Thetis. A cute, childish boy, yet he want to punish humans for polluting his beloved ocean.
- Sixth Ranger: Siarnaq, having a personality and accent like a mindless robot and lacking the reason for him to attend the Game Of Destiny.