08:34:35 AM Jun 5th 2011
For the WMG section, should we make a folder for theories about the briefcase? Those theories are taking up a lot of the page, and it might be easier to read that way. (Yes, there are some theories on the page that are not about that)
12:17:06 PM Apr 1st 2011
Moved the To the Pain example to the trivia page because it was natter and really had nothing to do with the film.
10:53:04 PM Sep 2nd 2010
- Idiot Ball: Most of the plot is driven by characters, especially Vincent Vega, picking up the Idiot Ball in various ways:
- At the beginning of the movie, Jules and Vincent discuss the fact that they don't know how many guys are in the apartment. Rather than check any of the other rooms for more people while Jules covers the three in the living room, Vega just farts around the kitchen. If the guy hiding in the bathroom hadn't taken the hitmen totally by surprise, Jules wouldn't have had his revelation.
- Imagine that, instead of shooting Marvin in the face, Vega leaves the safety on his gun on. No Bonnie Situation, no Wolf, and unless they both happen to decide to go to the exact same diner at the exact same time, no encounter with Pumpkin and Honey Bunny.
- Also imagine that Vega removes his very illegal and expensive heroin from his coat pocket before lending it to Mia, thus avoiding almost killing his boss' wife. Mia also picks up the idiot ball for assuming that the white powder is coke without at least tasting it.
- Marsellus Wallace picks up the ball when he decides to take a donut break while staking out the home of a man he wants to kill. Vega, in turn, is quite content to leave his boss's Mac-10 on the counter and shut himself off in a bathroom to absorb a book, in spite of the fact that he'd recently been ambushed on a previous job.