Hmm...let me state it in a way that isn't just, "Death Note, but different," Let me state the following facts:
1. It's in Chicago during 2014. By this time the Kira frenzy all but died out, but not for long.
2. The new Kira is no Light. Justin (his real name Justice
; which makes him the title character
) is sixteen years old, but shy
and unable to have a stable hobby. He's intelligent and a honor's student, but he has a low reputation.
3. The Shinigami this time is Landras
, who is female. She perfers to play around with her deaths. But when Ryuk gives her a spare Death Note, she takes the oppertunity and drops it where Ryuk suggests.
4. Near is the new L. However, a mysterious person named O becomes both L's and Mello's counterpart, opposing both Justin and L at the start.
5. One of O's assistant's is Fiona. Apparently, Fiona is young, a Creepy Child
, and talks in bold
. Nothing much is revealed so far about her, but I will have a chapter explaining her madess.
6. Justin's cousin, Sol, is an interesting character. It's the fact that, like Light
, is intelligent, polular, and is the son of an Assistant Director of the FBI. But he's not Light. Expect him to have a role in the story.
7. Apparently disabilities run in Justin's family. Justin's dad bipolar, his sister is a kleptomaniac
, and apparently his older brother is insane and somewhere else. If the Death Note corrupted Light with a God Complex, imagine what might happen with Justin.
8. Justin is a little more symthatic that Light. I'm setting him up as The Woobie
9. My story is Growing the Beard
. Once day I'll revise some chapters and I have the story planned out. Expect many interesting characters, intriguing plots, usage of WMG, two explosive finales (one is literal), and a fate for Justin that will be a bigger TearJerker
than Light's fate.
This might not be enough to convince you, but it's all I can think of for now. Now I'll update my story.
edited 31st Oct '10 9:51:18 AM by chihuahua0