The Pokédex - Extended Fanon Edition:
edited 28th Feb '11 10:48:04 AM by SilentReverence
edited 28th Feb '11 12:34:16 PM by rmctagg09
PurposePokémon and their trainers need a place to rest at times. To fill this need, Pokémon Centers can be found in mostly every city and town in the world. These buildings function as a combination of hospitals, hostels, and meeting areas. In Kanto-Johto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn Pokémon Centers are run with financial backing by the Pokémon League. In Unova, Pokémon Centers get their funding by running Poké Marts inside the building.
Functions/DutiesFor any trainer traveling throughout a region, a Pokémon Center is a welcome sight. In these buildings, Trainers can rest both themselves and their battle-weary Pokémon. For normal battle wounds, there is a machine that rejuvenates Pokémon right inside the Poké Balls in a matter of seconds — the method of which is kept a secret by the machine's creator. For more serious injuries, all Pokémon Centers have an ICU where expert Pokémon doctors practice their craft. There are also meeting areas where trainers can hang out, participate in friendly battles, or trade Pokémon.
- Pokémon Professors sometimes drop by Centers to hold small seminars with new trainers in the local area.
- Each Center holds a small arena where trainers can do "friendly" battles.
- The colloquial term for the desk nurses is "Nurse Joy."
- Members of the Chansey evolutionary line are often "employed" here. An exception is in Unova's Pokémon Centers.
- All Pokémon Centers have a public PC for Trainers to use. Mostly they are used for communication with the Trainer's friends and relatives (among other obvious things).
- Pokémon Centers regularly advertise on radio and television with a distinctive jingle that never seems to leave one's head.
edited 29th Jan '12 6:49:05 PM by AussieEvil
edited 28th Feb '11 4:50:10 PM by CalamityJane