This thread is for requesting edits to Locked Pages
. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
NOTE: Edited with OP's permission.
- Don't ask for a page to be unlocked here. Use this thread instead.
- Check Locked Pages first. Often the reason for the lock will give you some indication of what sorts of edits we will not accept.
- State your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting.
- Make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
edited 3rd Sep '13 8:13:01 PM by Willbyr
- "... takes her out into the desert to klll her" should be fixed.
- The band's name needs to be entered as Music/WithinTemptation.
does redirect to music.
What part of the "kill her" line needs to be fixed?
Two Christmas worms
That Within Temptation
is a redirect doesn't matter as under policy wicks ought to point to the main name not a redirect.
We prefer that a link point at the actual page rather than its Main/ redirect.
"klll" has three "L"s rather than "ILL". Just a small typo.
edited 20th Apr '13 1:21:44 PM by Telcontar
Reqesting that the current Battlestar Galactica
entries on Helena Cain and Phelan @ Live-Action TV
be replaced (including removal of bullet points following Phelan's entry) with the following writeups agreed upon in the CM cleanup thread:
- Helena Cain is a ruthless Admiral dedicated to wiping out the Cylons at all costs. She cannibalizes a refugee fleet for parts (including their FTL drives) and leaves them at the mercy of the Cylons (and we know how the Cylons deal with civilians). While doing that, she conscripts any able-bodied man in the fleet, shooting their families if they refuse to join her. Then she comes to the Galactica fleet and decides to take the fight to the Cylons, despite none of the other ships except Galactica being combat-capable. She also shot her Executive Officer in the head when he refused to order what looked like a suicide mission, right in front of the crew. And let's not forget Admiral Cain's standard procedure for interrogating female Cylon prisoners: violent rape, by the official Cylon Interrogator, as well as any crew member who feels like it.
- Phelan, the ex-military mercenary turned crime lord from "Black Market", counts too. He runs the titular market and garrotes anyone who threatens his supremacy. When Apollo investigates the death of one of Phelan's competitors, the man pays him a visit, abducting the Hooker with a Heart of Gold Apollo had been seeing regularly and taking her daughter, warning Apollo that "I hear any more talk about Fisk I'm gonna send your whore back to you piece by piece, and then I'm gonna start on the little girl." As if that's not enough, in his headquarters he keeps a bunch of children locked in a cell. When Apollo confronts him and asks about that, he claims that some people are "demanding". When Apollo demands the kid back, Phelan replies "Sorry, the little girl's been paid for. No refunds."
Also, add the following entry (also approved) in Film
- The Last House on the Left gives us Krug, the leader of a group of murderous rapists. After he and his gang escape prison for their previous crimes, they kidnap, rape, torture, and kill two teenage girls. The parents of one of the girls find out when the criminals incidentally stop at their house, leading to a bloodbath between Krug's group and the parents. Aside from leading a group of horrible rapist scum, Krug also brainwashed his own son and kept him hooked on drugs as a kid as a means to control him. Near the end of the film, he convinces said son to kill himself.
edited 20th Apr '13 1:26:30 PM by Paireon
Done. I also added the "Angels" example and took care of the last couple of small edits.
The unnamed priest from the "Angels" music video by Within Temptation
. He lures the main character into his home after she is seemingly abandoned on the side of the road by her companion. Bait the Dog
ensues as he is established as a nice guy. The woman goes to his back room and discovers newspaper clippings of a bunch of other women. It is then revealed that he is not really a priest, but rather a Serial Killer
who disguises himself as trustworthy people (such as a doctor, a clown, and, of course, a priest) and lures women into his home to kill them. The killer then chloroforms her and takes her out into the desert to kill her by burying her alive next to the at least 16 graves of his other victims. Just when it looks like the woman is done for, she, her companion, and several other band members reveal themselves as angels (hence the title) and the souls of the women he killed come back to kill him. The killer is never given a motive for burying women alive, so we assume he does it For the Evulz
. Throughout the video, his eyes are shown to glow an unnatural red.
edited 20th Apr '13 2:30:03 PM by bobg
Two Christmas worms
needs Like a Weasel
corrected to Opinion Flipflop
"The Reason You Suck" Speech
: His reaction to gun control legislation not getting enough votes when it was supported by 91% of Americans very firmly laid the blame at the feet of the Republicans, and some Democrats, who cared more about the Special interests like the NRA than the average citizen.
5310: I submit that the Obama/"Reason You Suck Speech" example needs better POV neutrality. As currently written, it represents certain opinions as facts.
edited 21st Apr '13 10:26:35 AM by Gideoncrawle
Two Christmas worms
That Barack Obama
meet the criteria for the page, but as-is it's purely politics. It will need a rewrite to remove that and put emphasis on the rhetoric.
SF-81A Black Knight
Please add to Hollywood Tactics
- In the Ciaphas Cain series, the fresh-out-of-the-schola Commissar Forres seems more concerned with driving troops to show their valor and be willing to sacrifice themselves for the Emperor than actual efficient strategy. The 597th Valhallan's commander, Colonel Kasteen, calls her out on this, pointing out that using actual tactics tends to result in higher damage inflicted on the enemy while incurring fewer casualties, which in the long run counts more than just trying to show off one's courage.
As per discussion in the Complete Monster
Clean-up forum I would like to request that the The Un Sub
's horrifically abusive grandmother in "Profiling 101" be removed from the Monster/Criminal Minds page.
I'd like for Main.Locked Pages
to become an index. That way, if a page gets locked, but isn't on Locked Pages
, it would encourage the inclusion of locked pages into the index, as well as explanations as to why they are locked.
edited 22nd Apr '13 1:45:30 PM by WaxingName
Indexes serve to group works or tropes chronologically, thematically, or via genre. Locked Pages
have nothing in common with each other other than editing being disabled.
5310: Definitely needs a neutral POV rewrite.
5313, 5314: Done.
5315: I agree with lu, that's really not needed.
edited 22nd Apr '13 4:49:41 PM by Willbyr
per decision on this page
please replace on the Monster.Live Action TV
Swap out the CSI and Cold Case
examples with Hamburger Times' writeups on either at post 11363
If the current, multibullet example for Suguo from Sword Art Online
on the anime subpage could be replaced with these entries for both Suguo, and two others whom we have decided qualify?
- Sword Art Online has the main villains of the Alfheim Online and Gun Gale Online arcs:
- Suguo Nobuyuki is the director of research and development at RECTO Progress Incorporated, and the one-time fiance of female lead, Asuna Yuuki. He was also completely obsessed with research into the manipulation of human emotion. Following the clearing of Sword Art Online, Suguo trapped three hundred of the surviving players in his own game, Alfheim Online, where he ran experiments on their minds, testing their fear and pain responses. Kidnapping Asuna in the game, he keeps her trapped in a gilded cage at the top of Alfheim's World Tree, while plotting to wed the comatose girl in the real world. When protagonist Kirito reaches the top of the World Tree, Suguo uses his administrator abilities to paralyse him, tortures him, and then sexually assaults Asuna in front of him, gloating the entire time about how, once he's freed, he will rape her again in real life. When the plan fails, he attempts to kill Kirito in the real world, attacking him with a knife. Guilty of attempted murder, torture, trying to rape a teenage girl, and putting three hundred people who had just spent two years fighting for their lives through an additional two months of trauma, Suguo is as bad as SAO's villains get.
- Red Eyed XaXa (real name: Shoichi Shinkawa), one of the top three members of the Laughing Coffin Guild in SAO, and the Guild's Master Swordsman. During the Murder Investigation Arc in SAO, XaXa, alongside PoH, and Johnny Black ambushed and attempted to murder players Caynz, Yolko, and Schmitt; when Kirito intervened, the trio also tried to kill him. After making his way back to the real world, XaXa, bored, and seeking a way to kill again, took advantage of his younger brother Kyoji's fragile mental state, to convince Kyoji to create the online persona of Sterben/Death Gun in Gale Gun Online, ultimately hijacking Kyoji's desire to be "the strongest" for his own ends. Using Kyoji, and his old partner Johnny Black as aides, XaXa was able to arrange the murders of players Zekushiido, Usujio Tarako, Pale Rider, and Garret, before sending Kyoji to murder his own crush, Shino Asada. A sadist at heart, XaXa makes a point of crippling his opponents' avatars with a paralysing toxin before delivering the coup de grace, and during his Sword Fight with Kirito in GGO does his best to cut him to ribbons, mocking him the entire time.
- Johnny Black (real name: Atsushi Kanemoto), one of the top three members of the Laughing Coffin Guild in SAO. As the Guild's Master Poisoner, Johnny came up with a way to paralyse opponents so that they could then be tortured to death, and puts this poison into effect during his, XaXa, and PoH's attack on the members of the Golden Apple Guild. When discussing what they will do with the captured trio, Johnny expresses a desire to make them fight each other to the death, promising the survivor that he or she will be released; when PoH notes that Johnny will just kill the survivor, Johnny complains about how the Guild Leader has ruined the surprise. He subsequently attempts to poison Kirito when he comes to the Golden Apple trio's rescue. Escaping into the real world, Johnny was recruited by XaXa during the Death Gun murders, poisoning Pale Rider and Garret in their homes, before again making a getaway. He was finally arrested when, after having lain in wait for six months, he attacked Kirito and Asuna on the street, intending to inject them with poison from a syringe, and hospitalising Kirito. Unable to quit killing in the virtual world or the real world, Johnny is the show's definitive Psycho for Hire.
Do you mean Monster.Anime And Manga
edited 24th Apr '13 6:01:34 PM by videogmer314
Hello from Honneamise
In FiveManBand.Comic Books
, the reference to Quasar
should be moved to the Comic Book