- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
- "... takes her out into the desert to klll her" should be fixed.
- The band's name needs to be entered as Music/WithinTemptation.
edited 20th Apr '13 1:21:44 PM by Telcontar
- Helena Cain is a ruthless Admiral dedicated to wiping out the Cylons at all costs. She cannibalizes a refugee fleet for parts (including their FTL drives) and leaves them at the mercy of the Cylons (and we know how the Cylons deal with civilians). While doing that, she conscripts any able-bodied man in the fleet, shooting their families if they refuse to join her. Then she comes to the Galactica fleet and decides to take the fight to the Cylons, despite none of the other ships except Galactica being combat-capable. She also shot her Executive Officer in the head when he refused to order what looked like a suicide mission, right in front of the crew. And let's not forget Admiral Cain's standard procedure for interrogating female Cylon prisoners: violent rape, by the official Cylon Interrogator, as well as any crew member who feels like it.
- Phelan, the ex-military mercenary turned crime lord from "Black Market", counts too. He runs the titular market and garrotes anyone who threatens his supremacy. When Apollo investigates the death of one of Phelan's competitors, the man pays him a visit, abducting the Hooker with a Heart of Gold Apollo had been seeing regularly and taking her daughter, warning Apollo that "I hear any more talk about Fisk I'm gonna send your whore back to you piece by piece, and then I'm gonna start on the little girl." As if that's not enough, in his headquarters he keeps a bunch of children locked in a cell. When Apollo confronts him and asks about that, he claims that some people are "demanding". When Apollo demands the kid back, Phelan replies "Sorry, the little girl's been paid for. No refunds."
- The Last House on the Left gives us Krug, the leader of a group of murderous rapists. After he and his gang escape prison for their previous crimes, they kidnap, rape, torture, and kill two teenage girls. The parents of one of the girls find out when the criminals incidentally stop at their house, leading to a bloodbath between Krug's group and the parents. Aside from leading a group of horrible rapist scum, Krug also brainwashed his own son and kept him hooked on drugs as a kid as a means to control him. Near the end of the film, he convinces said son to kill himself.
edited 20th Apr '13 1:26:30 PM by Paireon
edited 20th Apr '13 2:30:03 PM by bobg
edited 21st Apr '13 10:26:35 AM by Gideoncrawle
- In the Ciaphas Cain series, the fresh-out-of-the-schola Commissar Forres seems more concerned with driving troops to show their valor and be willing to sacrifice themselves for the Emperor than actual efficient strategy. The 597th Valhallan's commander, Colonel Kasteen, calls her out on this, pointing out that using actual tactics tends to result in higher damage inflicted on the enemy while incurring fewer casualties, which in the long run counts more than just trying to show off one's courage.
edited 22nd Apr '13 1:45:30 PM by WaxingName
edited 22nd Apr '13 4:49:41 PM by Willbyr
- Sword Art Online has the main villains of the Alfheim Online and Gun Gale Online arcs:
- Suguo Nobuyuki is the director of research and development at RECTO Progress Incorporated, and the one-time fiance of female lead, Asuna Yuuki. He was also completely obsessed with research into the manipulation of human emotion. Following the clearing of Sword Art Online, Suguo trapped three hundred of the surviving players in his own game, Alfheim Online, where he ran experiments on their minds, testing their fear and pain responses. Kidnapping Asuna in the game, he keeps her trapped in a gilded cage at the top of Alfheim's World Tree, while plotting to wed the comatose girl in the real world. When protagonist Kirito reaches the top of the World Tree, Suguo uses his administrator abilities to paralyse him, tortures him, and then sexually assaults Asuna in front of him, gloating the entire time about how, once he's freed, he will rape her again in real life. When the plan fails, he attempts to kill Kirito in the real world, attacking him with a knife. Guilty of attempted murder, torture, trying to rape a teenage girl, and putting three hundred people who had just spent two years fighting for their lives through an additional two months of trauma, Suguo is as bad as SAO's villains get.
- Red Eyed XaXa (real name: Shoichi Shinkawa), one of the top three members of the Laughing Coffin Guild in SAO, and the Guild's Master Swordsman. During the Murder Investigation Arc in SAO, XaXa, alongside PoH, and Johnny Black ambushed and attempted to murder players Caynz, Yolko, and Schmitt; when Kirito intervened, the trio also tried to kill him. After making his way back to the real world, XaXa, bored, and seeking a way to kill again, took advantage of his younger brother Kyoji's fragile mental state, to convince Kyoji to create the online persona of Sterben/Death Gun in Gale Gun Online, ultimately hijacking Kyoji's desire to be "the strongest" for his own ends. Using Kyoji, and his old partner Johnny Black as aides, XaXa was able to arrange the murders of players Zekushiido, Usujio Tarako, Pale Rider, and Garret, before sending Kyoji to murder his own crush, Shino Asada. A sadist at heart, XaXa makes a point of crippling his opponents' avatars with a paralysing toxin before delivering the coup de grace, and during his Sword Fight with Kirito in GGO does his best to cut him to ribbons, mocking him the entire time.
- Johnny Black (real name: Atsushi Kanemoto), one of the top three members of the Laughing Coffin Guild in SAO. As the Guild's Master Poisoner, Johnny came up with a way to paralyse opponents so that they could then be tortured to death, and puts this poison into effect during his, XaXa, and PoH's attack on the members of the Golden Apple Guild. When discussing what they will do with the captured trio, Johnny expresses a desire to make them fight each other to the death, promising the survivor that he or she will be released; when PoH notes that Johnny will just kill the survivor, Johnny complains about how the Guild Leader has ruined the surprise. He subsequently attempts to poison Kirito when he comes to the Golden Apple trio's rescue. Escaping into the real world, Johnny was recruited by XaXa during the Death Gun murders, poisoning Pale Rider and Garret in their homes, before again making a getaway. He was finally arrested when, after having lain in wait for six months, he attacked Kirito and Asuna on the street, intending to inject them with poison from a syringe, and hospitalising Kirito. Unable to quit killing in the virtual world or the real world, Johnny is the show's definitive Psycho for Hire.
edited 24th Apr '13 6:01:34 PM by videogmer314