- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
* YellowPeril: Villain trope, as well as stereotyping Asians.
edited 12th Apr '13 6:50:13 AM by Nohbody
edited 12th Apr '13 5:37:14 PM by Thecommander236
edited 13th Apr '13 11:37:55 AM by Adannor
edited 13th Apr '13 9:52:52 PM by Willbyr
edited 14th Apr '13 7:35:28 PM by Willbyr
- Jerry Dandridge from Fright Night (2011) stands in stark contrast to the original film's charming and even likable monster. The film opens with Jerry having slaughtered a family, including the teenage son, out of suspicion the boy was spying on him. Jerry reveals himself to be a savage predator who kidnaps and feeds on people, keeping them locked up in his private larder. When Charlie Brewster tries to rescue a woman Jerry held hostage, Jerry had been toying with them both and had already turned her, letting her die in the sunlight solely to mess with Charlie. He's more than happy to tear the throats out of innocent bystanders and turns Charlie's girlfriend into a vampire in front of a helpless Charlie, and later mocks him as he makes out with her. While Dandridge in the original held a certain elegance, the remake's version is nothing more than a savage, sadistic predator.
edited 14th Apr '13 9:03:23 PM by Paireon