Locked Pages: Lock, UnLock and Edit requests:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 14th Jun '15 9:40:54 AM by SeptimusHeap
edited 28th Mar '13 3:08:34 PM by StarSword
edited 29th Mar '13 6:33:38 AM by AceOfScarabs
edited 29th Mar '13 7:34:04 PM by Willbyr
- Locked Pages: Vandal target.
edited 30th Mar '13 2:38:56 AM by Telcontar
- Despite his initial appearance as an avuncular old man, Adelai Niska from Firefly is quickly revealed to be the most vicious character in the series. A sadist with a love of personally conducting Cold-Blooded Torture on his victims, Niska is proud of his feared reputation amongst the criminal community and is obsessed with ensuring the horror stories surrounding him are all true. When he first meets the crew of Serenity, Niska shows off the mutilated corpse of his wife's nephew to solidify his reputation in their eyes and to show them what price they'll pay should they fail him. After commissioning the crew to steal important cargo from an Alliance train, the crew is horrified to realize that what they've stolen is the medicine needed to treat an entire city full of sick settlers. In his next appearance, Niska is seen carving up another failed employee, before getting his hands on Mal and Wash, whom he also proceeds to torture for hours. Eventually Zoe, Mal's first mate and Wash's wife, offers to buy Niska's captives off of him, but Niska tells her that with the money she has, she can only afford one of them and tries to force her into a Sadistic Choice. When Zoe ruins his fun by immediately picking her husband, he responds by saying there is enough money for some of Captain Reynolds. He then cuts off Mal's ear and gives it to her. Niska spends the remainder of the episode torturing Mal to death, only to use advanced technology to bring him back to life so Niska can have the pleasure of torturing Mal to death for days.
edited 30th Mar '13 10:02:55 AM by OccasionalExister