This thread is for requesting edits or unlocks to Locked Pages or for requesting locks. It can also be used for technical requests to moderators such as creating new pages in the Main/ and other restricted namespaces without going through YKTTW. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
An instance is showing up on Lost and Found, even though it's supposedly not an archive.
It used to be a normal wiki page before it was redesigned. We can't edit that, and it really ought to be purged, but that's up to Eddie.
To the Monster.Film page per the monster discussion thread
- The Dredd film brings us Ma-Ma Madrigal, de facto ruler of The Peach Trees apartment complex. First introduced by having several people skinned alive, then thrown out a very long drop while given drugs to slow their perception of time. Ma-Ma has the Peach trees complex shut down to trap Dredd and his trainee inside and has no compunction opening fire into a crowd of civilians with gattling guns to kill the two.
edited 25th Mar '13 1:20:34 PM by Willbyr
Thanks! Can you just make it so it's its own entry, though?(it's part of the Rurouni Kenshin film entry there)
After some discussion it has been determined that the Professional Wrestling subpage for Complete Monster is a disaster. If all current examples could be deleted and replaced with the following two, it would be appreciated.
- Ox Baker may well have originated the notion of the "monster" heel during his career, which stretched from the sixties into the eighties. Billed as a Psycho for Hire and Hero Killer, with the Catch Phrase "Hurting people is fun," Ox more than lived up to his reputation as an unfeeling brute. During a tagteam match, Ox used his Heart Punch to fatally injure Alberto Torres, who died three days later of a ruptured appendix. Whether this was intentional or not, Ox firmly established his monster credentials not only by being completely unapologetic—and in fact, constantly boasting about killing Torres—but by continuing to use the Heart Punch (now known as the Hurt Punch) as his Finishing Move, this time with intent to kill. This resulted in another death, this time of Ray Gunkel, who died in the ring of a heart attack after recieveing Ox's Heart Punch. While his performer Douglas A. Baker* would go on to portray faces, the Ox Baker persona never experienced a Heel–Face Turn, and would spend the rest of his career boasting about how any match against him just might be somebody's last.
- Jake "The Snake" Roberts helped create the archetype of the sadistic Evil Genius heel during his infamous feud with Randy "Macho Man" Savage in late 1980s. Crashing Savage's wedding, he gave Savage a gift box which turned out to contain a cobra. He subsequently goaded Savage into a premature match and then loosed a king cobra on him; in another match he attacked Savage's wife and forced her to humiliate herself for his entertainment before he would leave Savage alone. This was not the first time Roberts had behaved in this manner; he had previously offered to help the Ultimate Warrior in a feud with the Undertaker, only to not only turn on him, but have yet another poisonous snake attack him. With a character that was built entirely on Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, and a penchant for tricks that could easily have turned lethal, Jake The Snake set a standard that few heels, however cruel, have ever matched, and promted the Undertaker, at the height of his villainy, to decide that Jake was too bad even for his standards.
I thought you needed three examples for a subpage.
A Wizard boy
That post says "for now".
In uffish thought
Crossposting. Please edit my herald message, however you do that, to bring it in line with this up-to-date version.
If you haven't hollered that, you should; I don't know how to tweak the herald messages. The Monster.Professional Wrestling edit is done. In the future (and this is for everyone), use the [[note]] markup instead of hottips, and don't use/reference Nightmare Fuel unless it's absolutely necessary.
A Wizard boy
I don't think a holler is going to work better here. PM'ing one of the moderators who know how to tweak messages (lu127, shimaspawn and Fast Eddie) sound like a more promising idea.
I took care of it.
Reality is that, which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-Philip K. Dick
-Philip K. Dick
It's super effective.
On the Main/PaedoHunt page, change the wick from Main/LaurelAndHardy to Creator/LaurelAndHardy. Thank you.
Check out my site. The George The Animal Steele Fan Page!
Want to edit the Barack Obama article, changing
- Angry Black Man: Averted HARD. Obama normally projects an unflappably calm demeanor, and is often nicknamed "No-Drama Obama" by insiders. No matter how incendiary the situation, Obama has never been seen to yell angrily at people, and at worst simply raises his voice and speaks forcibly like a stern father. Some believe this is due to social training of many black professionals, who constantly keep their emotions in check to avoid being seen as volatile.
- Angry Black Man: Averted. Obama normally projects an unflappably calm demeanor, and is often nicknamed "No-Drama Obama" by insiders. No matter how incendiary the situation, Obama has never been seen to yell angrily at people, and at worst simply raises his voice and speaks forcibly like a stern father. Some believe this is due to social training of many black professionals, who constantly keep their emotions in check to avoid being seen as volatile.
The Final ECW Champion
* Ambiguous Gender: In the original (or as close as we have to it) Hebrew pretty much all of God's names are masculine but many of his traits are described with feminine words, most notably in Genesis where Ruach and Merachefet are used in conjunction with Elohiym, though the can be read as plural, which may be hanging a lampshade on Gods seemingly contradictory aspects.
edited 26th Mar '13 8:46:39 PM by Cider
Modified Ura-nage, Torture Rack
If the current entry for Pathfinder on the Complete Monster subpage for Tabletop Games could be replaced with the following:
- The Pathfinder Adventure Paths have brought us two charming individuals.
- Curse of the Crimson Throne: The followers of Zon-Kuthon, God of Envy, Pain, Darkness, and Loss tend to be a nasty bunch, with a penchant for torture and self-mutilation. Yet not a one of them—including quite possibly Zon-Kuthon himself—has ever come close to the level of atrocity perpetrated by Kazavon, Zon-Kuthon's one-time Champion. Essentially Vlad the Impaler in the form of a sixty foot Blue Dragon, Kazavon disguised himself as a human mercenary and offered to help the nation of Ustalav drive out the invading Orc hordes. Upon his victory, Kazavon set himself up as the dictator of the borderlands area, where he ruled with an iron fist, torturing to death all those who disagreed with him, including many of the soldiers who had served him faithfully up to that point. When his employer tried to rein him in, Kazavon flayed the man alive. He would go on to achieve truly special heights of depravity, holding torture parties, and orgies involving the undead, spreading his influence throughout the entire area, and having entire villages impaled for his entertainment. Kazavon was eventually killed by a party of heroes, but the madness didn't stop there. The Pure Evil of his soul contaminated his skeleton and threatened to resurrect him. The bones were crafted into seven Artifacts Of Doom and hidden throughout the country; contact with even one of them is enough to drive the wearer down a path of madness, murder, and ultimate self-destruction. When Queen Ileosa, Big Bad of the Adventure Path dons the crown, Kazavon influences her to murder her husband, turn Korvosa into a Police State, unleash a plague against the city's poorest citizens, and drain the lives of thousands in an effort to gain eternal youth (in reality, the spell will just resurrect Kazavon.
- Second Darkness: Allevrah Azinrae was once an Elven cleric of Nethys, God of Magic, and a hero in the nation of Kyonin. That was before she, with the aid of the Demon Lord Abraxas, conceived of a plan to exterminate the drow. When the fellow members of her Government Conspiracy refused to go through with the plot, Allevrah murdered her critics, let her rage transform her into a drow, and fled to the drow capital of Zirnakayinn, where she murdered the matron of House Azinrae and took it over. Desiring revenge on Kyonin, Allevrah plans to drop a meteor on the capital; if successful this plan will wipe out Kyonin and trigger an ice age that will kill most life on the planet. After a failed attempt at using the city of Riddleport as a test target, Allevrah retreats to the Land of Black Blood below Kyonin, where she prepares to summon her meteor. She also allows her lover (who is terrified of her) to perform hideous experiments that reduce the victims to masses of screaming black liquid, cuts deals with an aboleth mind rapist and a neothelid, feeds prisoners to ropers, and orders her troglodyte henchman, Ornn, to eat a charda colony's children if they do not cooperate with her. Driven solely by hate, Allevrah shows just how far even the best person can fall.
Separate post as this is a me request, not official CM Clean-Up thread business. Several pages back, I asked if the following could be added to the page for Osama bin Laden:
- Bastard Understudy: Bin Laden got his start as the protege of Palestinian cleric and Islamist ideologue Abdullah Azzam. Azzam mentored bin Laden during his time in Afghanistan, organized the opening of their training camps there and along the Pakistani border, formulated much of al-Qaeda's ideology, and depending on who you ask may actually have written their charter. When he was killed in 1988 (by who we do not know) bin Laden stepped up as the heir apparent to radical Islamism in general and command of al-Qaeda in particular.
edited 26th Mar '13 9:00:13 PM by AmbarSonofDeshar
World's Toughest Milkman
The polyamorous time-traveler may have trouble with a pair o' doxies.
Apologies, but a minor edit request. I forgot to put another bracket at the end of Kazavon's entry posts up. If someone could just add that please?
Done. Actually, we're DTH except for 5072. I've asked for some input on that...if none comes, I'll go ahead and make the requested edits.
edited 27th Mar '13 9:23:09 AM by Willbyr