Locked Pages: Lock, UnLock and Edit requests:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread) and Five-Man Band (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 19th Mar '15 12:35:42 PM by SeptimusHeap
edited 12th Jul '12 3:29:37 PM by Willbyr
edited 12th Jul '12 3:32:50 PM by DarkConfidant
edited 12th Jul '12 3:50:23 PM by Indigo12ash
edited 12th Jul '12 3:52:55 PM by Willbyr
edited 13th Jul '12 6:03:09 AM by SeptimusHeap
- Listing The Forms Of Degenerates: Frequently used, but an especially well-known example is 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.
edited 14th Jul '12 8:09:51 PM by Willbyr
- American Psycho to Literature/
- Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami to FanFic/
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to Anime/
- Pokémon to Franchise/
- Pokémon: Attack of Mewtwo to Fanfic/
- The Legend of Zelda to Franchise/
- There's a hottip in Anatomically Impossible Sex
- The Nightmare Before Christmas to WesternAnimation/ twice in the description for Bread Milk Eggs Squick
- Potter Verse to Franchise/ in Cool Car
- Back to the Future to either Film/ or Franchise/, and since it's referring to the movie character, I'd go with Film/ were I making the edit.
- Star Wars to Franchise/
- The Lord of the Rings to Literature/
- The Matrix to Film/
- Main.Buffy might need to be made into a pothole to Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
- My Chemical Romance to Music/
- Evanescence to Music/
- Shark Attack 3: Megalodon to Film/
- Villain Protagonist - a zero context example except for one word. Except, Examples Are Not Arguable. Cut it.
On Mary Sue, there's still a redlinked So Bad, It's Horrible wick (under Mary Sue as Sturgeon's Law Character) that needs to be moved to Darth.
- Family Guy to WesternAnimation/
- Orangina to Advertising/
- Bleach to Manga/
- One Piece to Franchise/ (it's referring to a movie and not to the central manga)
- Tokko to Manga/
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni to VisualNovel/
- The Warlord to ComicBook/
- Machete to Film/
- Fair Game to Film/ (There's no page on the film in any namespace, but the wick should still be namespaced in either case.)
- There's Something About Mary to Film/
- American Pie to Film/
- Dragon Age to VideoGame/
- King of Fighters to VideoGame/
- Umineko no Naku Koro ni to VisualNovel/
- League of Legends to VideoGame/
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to VideoGame/
- Karate Bears to Webcomic/
- Regular Show to WesternAnimation/
edited 15th Jul '12 4:38:24 PM by DarkConfidant
Anyway, I also recommend for the Disney CM list, that the currently poorly written Lotso entry be replaced with the following:
- From Toy Story 3, Lotso the teddy bear seems at first to be hospitable to the new toys at Sunnyside Daycare. However, when how rough the kids are with the new toys leaves said toys wanting to leave, Lotso orders one of them "reprogrammed" so that he can be brainwashed into beating up and then imprisoning his former friends at Sunnyside on Lotso's behalf. When they try to escape and Lotso encounters them, he orders his minions to throw the prisoners into a dumpster, but when Lotso hits his most key minion, Big Baby, in the stomach, simply for wanting his "mama" back, Lotso's other minions seem a bit hesitant. This buys Big Baby time to throw Lotso into the dumpster instead. Eventually, both Lotso and the escaped toys end up at a landfill, in which two of the escaped toys risk their lives to save Lotso, whose Moral Event Horizon is to leave these same escaped toys to fall into the incinerator, when he could have saved them at no risk to himself. They end up getting rescued anyways, though.
Also, the movie only came out a couple years ago and everything about that entry is spoilerish, so I also recommend hiding the mention of the name Lotso, and everything after it, behind labelnote, but I'm not as certain about it as I'm certain about wanting the entry substituted. I know it omits the part about his sad backstory, but if it doesn't really negate CM status I don't think it's particularly relevant. I'm not sure how to work it into the entry anyway.
edited 15th Jul '12 8:26:14 PM by HiddenFacedMatt