- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
- The Flash Tub to WebAnimation/
- A Circular Link in the description for "A Darker Me"
- Ted Nugent to Music/
- Smashing Pumpkins to Music/ (Also, you'll have to make it Music.The Smashing Pumpkins as the link target [note the "the"], since Music.Smashing Pumpkins is a Red Link, or make a redirect.)
- Even Evil Has Standards: on- and off-board (not "an"). Also, "a obligational" (not a word) should be "an obligatory".
Let's Play - Too many things to list here, including grammar fixes, namespaces, etc. I'd really like to hard split the page and spin off the recommendations (after cleaning up for style) into a separate page, but I have no clue how to go about doing that, nor would I feel comfortable doing so without Special Efforts or TRS consensus. I'm going to sandbox this one and work on it this evening. Well, I would, but there's already one in use and I don't want to disturb it.
Big Bra to Fill: Lots of namespacing:
- Fantastic Four to Franchise/ for the pothole in the picture.
- Mahou Sensei Negima! to Manga/ (Also, there's a hottip there. It's arguably just natter anyway, so it could possibly just be deleted without incident.)
- Bleach to Manga/
- Cutie Honey to Anime/
- Sailor Moon to Manga/. Also, it's potholed to a character's name, so I think it would match our guidelines to write the example as "While in the anime and manga versions of Sailor Moon, Sailor Jupiter is known to have a large chest, she is..."
- Spider-Man to Spider-Man (Yeah, you have to include the dash, since the page is not a wiki word.)
- Batman & Robin needs to either go to Film/
- Batman Returns to Film/
- Dead or Alive to VideoGame/ - since it refers to the movie, it would appear to be in the proper folder.
- Watchmen to Film/
- Fantastic Four to Film/ in the folder
- Street Fighter to Franchise/ - but leave the pothole alone on Ming-Na, since they're referring to two different films of the game.
- The Fog to Film/
- True Blood to Series/
- Dexter to Series/
- Need for Speed to VideoGame/
- Spinnerette to Webcomic/
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children to Anime/
- Porn Tropes needs to be de-potholed.
Just a Face and a Caption:
- In paragraph six, "from all sorts of fandom..." (fandom should be pluralized to fandoms)
- "That's why we have the different media" - This sentence seems... off-putting. I'd be more comfortable with "That's why we have examples from a wide variety of media - we want to attract people from all media, both as readers and as contributors."
- Richard Wagner to Creator/
- I would suggest merging the short sentence ending with Wagner in with the previous. I like this construction "...Wagner, and as a result, images should not be added under the assumption that the reader knows about the work being depicted - images should serve to create interest in that work."
- The next sentence is also pretty off-putting. I'd suggest "If we appear uninterested in an individual's favorite works (or appear to prefer to emphasize other works), our ability to attract editors and broaden the wiki's scope is stifled. This is the path to niche-dom"
- The image for True JAFAAC needs to have the pothole namespaced to Franchise/
- In the sixth bullet for Not Actually JAFAAC (Often, ...), there is a "but" after the second comma that needs to be removed.
Fox News Channel - "Hannity" in the opening paragraph has non-functioning size-up markup that can be removed.
Literotica: Hottip needs to be removed.
- Vladimir Nabokov to Creator/
- Edgar Allan Poe to Creator/. Again in the description for The Lost Lenore
- A space before Trope Namer in paragraph 3.
- In general, the entire description is full of sentence fragments. If this is intentional, it should be noted.
- Affably Evil - After Diabolus ex Machina, while it's technically grammatically correct, the sentence would flow more smoothly if the words "is made" are inserted after "his way"
- Author Avatar - "...Nabakov protagonists who..." - There needs to be a comma after "who" here.
- Bottle Fairy was renamed to Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Children Are Innocent - "See Fridge Brilliance below" needs to be removed - contents are moved to Fridge/, so it's wrong to have as much in the article.
- Fille Fatale - While Unreliable Narrator is in effect, Examples Are Not Arguable, so it would be better written by making a note of that using the note markup.
- Freudian Excuse "Neither he nor the author" (not or). Also, "You see" is poor style and probably Word Cruft as well. The long sentence beginning with "Considering" should have a comma after the end parenthesis (with the word "and" removed), and then the words "and really" replaced with "and also". In addition, please change "Also, consider that" with "In addition,"
- Gratuitous French - the second sentence of the second subpoint is natter.
- Kill 'em All - Examples don't happen in the past tense, so the first sentence needs to be changed to the present tense. In the third sentence, it should be "ends up in jail, and..." (end -> ends, and then a comma after jail).
- Look Both Ways - The final sentence should be changed to "However, while crossing the street to post letters to set her plan in motion, she is killed..."
- Overprotective Dad - I think "banging his little girl" is more lewd than we want here. I'll defer to the judgement of whoever gets to make the edit to decide on how exactly it should be written, but I think changing that to "sleeping with his daughter" is a bit more in line with No Lewdness, No Prudishness
- Rule of Symbolism - The colon after "broken" should be a comma.
- Tastes Like Diabetes - Needs to be a "the" after to "...to the girly magazines..."
- Unreliable Narrator has a lot of natter and word cruft that can be chainsawed.
- Wife Husbandry - The third sentence can be axed.
- You Are Grounded "You know" is Word Cruft. And bad style to boot.
VideoGame.Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy to Franchise/
- Square Enix to Creator/
- The Advent Children link should be to Anime.Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
- Dirge of Cerberus to VideoGame/
- Crisis Core to VideoGame/
- Before Crisis to VideoGame/
- Two more links to Advent Children - they can be de- Wiki-Worded
- Another Squeenix Wiki Word
- Apocalypse How is referring to the old class system. Please change to "... but it seems to be anywhere from global-scale mass-extinction to planetary destruction"
- Backtracking has some rhetorical questioning that seems a bit inappropriate and out of tone. I'd suggest it be changed to "This is required to get all the items from the three-way split in North Cave. You can get multiples of some items if you do everything correctly."
- A comma after Cait Sith in Becoming the Mask
- Another Advent Children wick in Belated Happy Ending. Needs to be de-wicked or namespaced.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation - While the third-level bullet point is a good explanation, it's also sort of nattery. I would advise making it a note on the immediately preceding point.
- Boss Battle is an index, and the various subtropes need to be moved appropriately.
- The Chessmaster needs to have proper example indentation. There's another Main.Advent Children wick here.
- Cluster F-Bomb - the second level bullet should either be deleted as natter or made as a note.
- Did They or Didn't They? - We have one trope name (Fade to Black) with a pothole to another (Sexy Discretion Shot). I would suggest "...ends with a Fade to Black", with a note stating: "Possibly doubling as a Sexy Discretion Shot"
- Dungeon Crawling, a supertrope, is being used as bullets for various subtropes, which should be moved accordingly.
edited 11th Jul '12 10:28:46 PM by DarkConfidant
General (scattered throughout)
- Friedrich Nietzsche to Creator.Friedrich Nietzsche
- Mein Kampf to Literature.Mein Kampf
- Whatever you can do about a couple examples with a Wall of Text (the ones that bug me the most are Evil Uncle and Older Than They Think).
- Example Indentation errors, too many to count, I'll mention a couple of them.
- Destroy all of those hottips.
Tropes about Hitler
- Beyond the Impossible: within the note, Nietzsche Wannabe is misspelled as Nietzche Wannabe
- Praising Shows You Don't Watch is in a weird spot between Dark Messiah and Disproportionate Retribution.
- The Dora Gun (potholed to BFG) is between Doomsday Device and Driven to Suicide. The way that entry is presented just bugs the hell out of me. I can't figure out if it's supposed to be an entry underneath Doomsday Device or if The Dora Gun was treated as a trope. Whatever the case, please make it neater.
- General Ripper: The quote underneath needs only two dashes not three.
- Hitler Is Cthulhu/The Antichrist/God of Evil: I do not like the way the three tropes are squished together, literally, format speaking. Maybe make it Trope / Trope?
- Lucky Bastard is in a weird spot between Made of Iron and Magnificent Bastard.
- Mook Promotion: World War I should be World War One and add a period at the end of the sentence.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong is between Murder Is the Best Solution and Name's the Same. Put in the correct alphabetical order.
- The Starscream and Straight Edge Evil are both underneath Totalitarian Utilitarian.
Works with Hitler in them
- Turn this: "They took out the Hitler building! Where's everyone going to go to see Hitler memorabilia?" into something along the lines of "In the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode "Invasion of the Neptune Men"..."
- The Simpsons example has Example Indentation issues and the bullet right underneath the main bullet needs rewriting.
- Inglourious Basterds to Film.Inglourious Basterds.
- Captain Planet to WesternAnimation.Captain Planet And The Planeteers. 'A Good Bomb Is Hard To Find' should be "A Good Bomb Is Hard To Find".
- Family Guy to WesternAnimation.Family Guy.
- Robot Chicken to WesternAnimation.Robot Chicken.
- In Axis Powers Hetalia example, there should be a comma between "Hetalia" and "Hitler".
- Epic Rap Battles of History to WebVideo.Epic Rap Battles Of History
edited 12th Jul '12 12:57:36 AM by Indigo12ash
edited 12th Jul '12 11:55:13 AM by David7204
edited 12th Jul '12 11:55:29 AM by SeptimusHeap
edited 12th Jul '12 11:58:15 AM by David7204
edited 12th Jul '12 11:58:13 AM by SeptimusHeap
edited 12th Jul '12 12:06:08 PM by David7204
edited 12th Jul '12 12:11:26 PM by DarkConfidant
edited 12th Jul '12 12:45:27 PM by David7204
edited 12th Jul '12 1:01:02 PM by ccoa
edited 12th Jul '12 1:09:24 PM by DarkConfidant
- Thank you Lu for fixing most of things I mentioned.
- Shouldn't Hitler be in the Useful Notes namespace?
edited 12th Jul '12 1:51:19 PM by DarkConfidant
edited 12th Jul '12 3:45:26 PM by Indigo12ash