Locked Pages: Lock, UnLock and Edit requests:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 14th Jun '15 9:40:54 AM by SeptimusHeap
edited 4th Jul '12 6:59:34 AM by Willbyr
- The Pfhor in the Marathon example because it only talks about Tycho (who does count at this stage
- The Combine from Half-Life 2, as it violates our "No Organisations" rule (that is, entire organisations can't be listed as CompleteMonsters because a Complete Monster has to be more henious than his peers)
- Replacing/Swapping the first bullet point of SystemShock's SHODAN with the following;
- System Shock: SHODAN. After the hacker removed her ethical restraints from her, SHODAN took over Citadel Station, hacked into the machinary, putting the security system and protocol droids at her will, and turned the people on board into her mutant zombie slaves, even the man whose idea it was to unleash SHODAN in the first place. To top it off, she planned on using the station's mining laser to destroy Earth and turn the survivors into mroe zombie slaves.
- The second dot point of System Shock to be cut because it doesn't add anything but This Troper, exclamation marks and the like.
- The King Of Fighters subpoints after the main one
- All of Fate/stay night
- Lord Galcian from Skies of Arcadia
- The Hitman example, starting with "In the second stage of Hitman Contracts"
- The Bioshock2 example (not any of the Bioshock ones)
- The Supreme Commander 2 example, right at the start of it.
- General Sarrano from Bulletstorm
edited 5th Jul '12 1:55:21 PM by LordGro
On It Was His Sled, Titanic, Citizen Kane, and 300 all need to be migrated to the Film/ namespace.
On About Images and Copyright, the bottom of the pages mentions the Image Pickin' forum. I think that a Courtesy Link would be helpful here. Same with the Wiki Talk forum.
On The Ptitle Replacement System the bottom sentence should be scrapped, since Examples Are Not Recent. Also, there should be something to note that the migration is complete, barring one final check when Eddie has the time to print something out.
GameBreaker.Fire Emblem has been locked due to frequent edit warring. However, it suffers from poor example indentation, natter, and all-around poor style and organization. I request to swap in Sandbox.Fire Emblem Game Breaker, which I have cleaned and organized.
edited 5th Jul '12 11:06:10 PM by DarkConfidant
- Mirage (Name's the Same not that one), because unlike the other villains, she has no motivation in destroying Agrabah other than for her own malice. Iago even mentions her a evil incarnate.
edited 6th Jul '12 6:07:03 AM by Krystoff