This thread is for requesting edits or unlocks to Locked Pages or for requesting locks. It can also be used for technical requests to moderators such as creating new pages in the Main/ and other restricted namespaces without going through YKTTW. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
We don't edit archives at all. HONF will live!
It's super effective.
No, no they were not. Chainsawed.
Waiting on a TRS slot? Finishing off one of these cleaning efforts will usually open one up.
How about this entry, copy-pasted from The Slender Man Mythos description?
- The Slender Man Mythos: The Slender Man is an internet meme, specifically a Creepypasta, first started by Victor Surge on this site (here). It soon became more popular and mutated into what you see before you today.
edited 27th Jun '12 3:04:06 PM by DarkConfidant
I put it in the general list; should it also be mentioned in the Trope Namer section?
Just a Face and a Caption says: "Of course, a trope about purely visual tropes, like faces, facial expressions, hairstyles, and such are a different matter" The word "trope" appears twice in the same sentence clause. The first should be changed to "an article": "Of course, an article about purely visual tropes, like faces, facial expressions, hairstyles, and such are a different matter."
edited 27th Jun '12 4:21:59 PM by rodneyAnonymous
Becky: Who are you? The Mysterious Stranger: An angel.
Huck: What's your name? The Mysterious Stranger: Satan.
Huck: What's your name? The Mysterious Stranger: Satan.
Also, The Slender Man Mythos seems to be Franchise/, so that could probably stand to be changed.
All Anime Is Naughty Tentacles - needs edits to remove redlink in description "Victim Falls For Rapist" and "Urotsudikouji" (Overfriend) under Live Action TV.
Seeking for Light
Victim Falls For Rapist might possibly be coming back, so the redlink should not be deleted.
- Could someone perhaps explain why "Laundry" is in the "GTL" ("Gym, Tan, Laundry") list? I was under the impression that that was a daily routine list, but unless "Laundry" is both literally going to the laundromat to wash clothing and a euphemism for socializing at the laundromat, or the people in this show's social circles wash a single set of clothing at a time out of a very small wardrobe or wear several (or more) outfits within a single day, as much as a rich fashionista (or fashionist?) would wear and have sent to a professional clothes cleaner or tailor, I don't see why/how "Laundry" could be a daily thing, let alone would need to be a daily thing.
Hello! I'm an awful, awful, pedant . With that in mind, there's a wee little nitpick I'd like to suggest for AboutImagesAndCopyright. The line: or has been released under a "copyleft" license such as Creative Commons. should read: or has been released under an "open" license such as Creative Commons. (Why? "Copyleft" refers to the "viral" property of some licenses that requires derivative works to be under the same license. Creative Commons licenses with the Share Alike clause, like the one used here, are "copyleft," as are licenses like the GNU GPL. But it's not technically correct, as I understand it, to call Creative Commons licenses without the Share Alike clause "copyleft," because derivative works can be relicensed under different terms.) Thanks!
There has been a consensus to remove another villain from Complete Monster Video Games list. It has been agreed that Clara La Guerta doesn't qualify and this is the description on the list.
- Depending on your interpretation of her character, Clara La Guerta, who is a pregnant girl who says she was impregnanted by her employer, Harold Thornton, then thrown out on the street with her child. You go to get some money from Harold to support her, but he denies it, challenging you to a duel. He dies. Upon giving her the money, she is clearly distraught at the news of Harold's death. A few days later, you see Mrs Thornton. Clara apparently turned up to laugh at Harold's funeral, and Mrs Thornton casts doubt on the whole story. Thus, the possibility of Clara being a deranged, lying, vengeful bitch who manipulated you into killing an innocent man for no reason whatsoever is a very real one. Her status as a minor Karma Houdini makes this even worse.
edited 28th Jun '12 11:24:27 AM by Krystoff
I can provide the link. This post, and then at 1291 there's more discussion on her.
edited 28th Jun '12 11:52:20 AM by Krystoff