Star Wars: Task Force Hydra - Signup:
Recruitment page:_ — The Soldier — A veteran of many armed conflicts in the galaxy. Armed with experience, discipline, loyalty and great knowledge of all weapons. The strong drive to protect and serve the galaxy will ensure that the soldier serves well in the ardous tasks that shall await ahead. — The Rogue/Pilot/Smuggler — A self serving scoundrel, considered by many the lowest scum of the galaxy. But hidden within is a drive to survive that has brought the rogue to thrive in situations that would have broken any other. As a person that has it's own interests first, money will ensure that the loyalty of this individual will be easy to mantain. — The Scientist/Techwiz/Researcher — One of the greatest and more agile minds on the galaxy, the Scientist will prove to be an invaluable asset to the team. The funds and toys I shall provide should be enough of an incentive to keep this asset under control, that is, if the opportunities for first hand research in the exotic locales, don't. — The Droid — A good droid is an indispensable part of any good team. Programmed with an experimental retrieved AI core and state of the art technology, be it at combat or hacking the Droid should never be underestimated. The numerous failsafes, hidden programs and a remote controled explosive device on the chasis will ensure that I will never have to to worry about it turning against my purposes. — The Jedi — It was hard getting one of the reclusive monks to join the ranks of the team, but the appropiate negotiation skills and having as a cause protecting the peace of the galaxy does wonders to get on their good side. Being what they are a Jedi was a necessary addition the team. — The Sith — All the wonders of a powerful Jedi, with even more purely offensive power and none of the pesky restrictions that haunt the order of monks. Unfortunately they also come without the restraint, good reputation or self control of their counterparts. Still, Sith moves only for power, and that I have to spare. — The Mandalorian/Mercenary/Heavy Weapons Expert — A necesary supporting element of the Task Force, a strong pillar on which they can fall back and a hammer that can take down obstacles in their path. — The Kid — Data Unavailable.
Basically an RP set in the Star Wars Universe, before the Clone Wars and all that nasty business. Basically it followes a Task Force assembled by a shady individual to take on secret missions all around the galaxy, bringing down emerging threats before they gather enough power to upset the balance of the galaxy. The members all have a kind of Rock-Paper-Scissors relationship. The Combat agents (Soldier and Rogue) beat the Mystical ones (Jedi and Sith), The Mystical agents(Jedi and Sith) beat the Technical ones (Scientist and Droid) and finally the Technical agents (Scientist Droid) beat the Combat ones (Soldier and Rogue). The Mandalorian and the Kid will be the support classes that do not enter into this strange equation that sort of makes sense in my head. Additionally you may notice that both members of each class of agent are opposite in belief even if they use similar expertises and methods. Well that's about it. The interest threat did not gather much interest, but it was enough for me to try and make a Signup page.
edited 22nd Nov '10 12:21:50 AM by DemonWolf100
edited 8th Dec '10 9:09:48 AM by dazai
- Gender (If applicable):
- Name: Badda Gorga
- Age: 34
- Role: Mercenary
- Species: Aqualish (Quara)
- Gender (If applicable): Male
- Personality: Badda is what people like to call "slow". Easily frustrated, it takes very little to provoke him into violence - which is good for him since he likes it so much.
- Appearance: Skin and fur a deep bluish-grey, Badda looks like a typical Quara - though slightly taller than average. Wears a rancor skin jacket and aquatic camo pants.
- Powers/Equipment: Unusually powerful and tough for his kind, Badda is a very skilled brawler. He's armed with a light blaster carbine that he likes to use as a club when up close.
- Backstory: Not much to say. He's a soldier and bodyguard for hire and he's been in many hot engagements.
- Name: Mark Nightbringer
- Age: 17
- Role: The Kid
- Species: Human
- Gender (If applicable): Male
- Personality: Eager to prove himself and convinced he's destined to be the baddest man alive
- Appearance: Longish lighy brown hair, light skin, leanly muscular build. Wears Imperial Navy surplus pants and boots with a black wifebeater.
- Powers/Equipment: Mark has a very small amount of force sensitivity, but his usefulness primarily comes from a miraculously functional lightsaber he found when digging around a local junkyard.
- Backstory: Born and raised on Tattooine, Mark always dreamed of joining the Imperial Navy like his brother. Finding a lightsaber, he was convinced he could use it to harangue a spacer into giving him a lift to his brother's post for a long overdue visit. Being seen operating a lightsaber, however, marked him as a wanted man.
edited 8th Dec '10 4:54:21 PM by KingTyrantLizard
edited 8th Dec '10 5:28:45 PM by daltar
- Name: Darth Vaintis but also goes by Trini'loff
- Age: 28
- Role: The Sith
- Species: Twi'lek
- Gender: Male
- Personality: Mysterious with his own motives, he's almost impossible to pin down, He jokes only in outrageous verbal attacks, and sarcastic remarks.
- Appearance: He is tall, and has yellow eyes with sky blue skin, he has two head tails. Down both his arms is a band of Sith tattoo's, as well as a scarification mark given to him by his master before they parted ways. His head-tails are shorted than most with one a half an inch longer than the other, aside from this Trini is considered very attractive by twi'lek male standards. Which is why he was sold into slavery to begin with.
- Powers/Equipment: A red lightsaber, and uses force mind trick, force push, and force lightning, along with force choke. He also carries a twi'lek dagger, and has his nails augmented with a thin layer of ore to make them sharper.
- Backstory: At a young boy, Trini was sold in to slavery for the hutts. One day at age 16 a sith came to assassinate his owner,This sith killed everyone but him given him two options to be freedom from his body and shackles then (killed) or to serve under him until the time was right. He chose to serve, not much is known about his training only that he is now a free sith with his own agenda .
edited 9th Dec '10 8:02:17 PM by americanbadass
- Name:Verde Tikal
- Age: 26
- Gender (If applicable):Male
- Personality: Blunt and dark humored ,a very pragmatic fighter,fighting anyone regardless of age or gender using any trick to win.Can be rather boisterous outside of combat.
- Appearance:He is short haired, mid-height and has a wiry build,with dark skin and bright blue eyes from his mother's Korun heritage as well as multiple facial scars. His Mandalorian armor comes with a built in jet pack and is done in a red and black color scheme,is made of separate plates for maximum flexibility,and is marked by an aerodynamic helmet. rounding out the outfit is a bulky utility belt and an kama (battle skirt).
- Powers/Equipment: Carries a heavily customized WESTAR-M5 he's christened Cyar'ika (Beloved),with it's main upgrades being that the new magnetic coil launching system can fire grenades as well as mini-missiles, a hair trigger, ID tagged recognition lock, recoil dampener and custom sniper scope. In thigh holsters are a pair blaster pistols and in a sheath is a vibroknife,made of mandalorian iron the length of a human adult's forearm. Due to his Korun heritage,Verde has basic if selective access to the Force: enhanced reflexes and senses, slight combat precognition and a trance-like state which allows him to make impossible shots. He is also a skilled martial artist.
- Backstory: Verde was raised from birth among the nomadic Mandalorian Clans and has been fighting in various conflicts across the galaxy since he was 6 years old. During a bodyguard mission for a politician holing up on the planet Mykr ,Clan Tikal was forced into a skirmish against Jedi forces looking for the man.Despite their inability to use the force on the planet the Jedi succeeded with their mission,and Verde's father was bisected in battle and the clan was scattered. Verde's mother committed suicide a soon after his 17th birthday and he's been wandering from battle to battle ever since.
edited 29th Dec '10 11:14:34 AM by dazai
- Name: Zenfirel
- Age: 38
- Role: Scientist/Engineer
- Species: Omwati
- Gender (If applicable): Female
- Personality: Quite cynical, but very fond of humour. If confronted by something difficult to solve or even just something that's new and interesting then whatever else is going on won't matter until it's figured out. Suffered quite a bit of abuse due to her species, but only insofar as bureaucracy goes - so far managed to avoid actual confrontation. A onetime researcher for various medical companies, Zenfirel has since decided to go freelancing, lending her skills to whoever pays best or provides the most interesting conundrum.
- Appearance: Tall-ish for her species at almost two metres, she's lithe and tends to be dressed...erratically. Her science won't judge by looks, and so whatever she's wearing is usually intended to be pragmatic and useful, though she'll often try to look stylish. This can go well, but it can also be disastrous, depending on the day.
- Powers/Equipment: Zenfirel doesn't have any powers beyond her mental capacities, which alone are quite useful. She does, however, have her own bio-lab and works on experimental equipment here and there, leaving here with a rather large pile of spare parts and junk, most of which tends to get used for building little tinker-toys to pass the time.
- Backstory: After spending most of her childhood on Omwat, she left full of hope to try and find a way to make a profit from her considerable skills. Unfortunately, due to her species, most places either turned her down or relegated her to menial work. Several years of this treatment later, and with her joyful self having been crushed down to a simmering anger at most of the galaxy, she finally got a break in medical research, attempting to find cures for rare medical conditions. This went on for a while, but boredom quickly set in, so going freelance and deciding on her own if a job was worth doing seemed only sensible.
I wanted to make this a male Omwat, in order to not be so much like Qwi Xux, but considering everyone else here is male, decided to go with this instead. Hopefully it's fine. I did consider a Wookiee technician, but the language barrier would be a little hard.