"Congratulations! You have acquired a random mental illness"
A lovely line from the FATAL character generator.
So, hi. I've been reading this thread and returned to it today. And I acquired the character generator...
I decided to roll a human male character, otherwise really random. Then, I decided to roll the lowest "sub-ability", namely Language, it went 59->137.
- You have acquired egomania
- Your character is a young adult
- most attractive feature: Chest
- most repulsive feature: Hair (which is brunette and medium thickness, wavy)
- random facial Feature: Protruding upper lip -Perceived as egocentric, showing greater concern for self
- sexual features: manhood length, 8.10", circumference 6.41", tongue 2.00", areola diameter 1.50", heterosexual
- debauchery score 84
- But I'm ethical (99) and moral (96)
- I'm also sanguine melancholic
- My name is Baldric Sankey
- Age 27
The whole log is here
if someone wants to pore over the whole thing.
Over a period of (5 + 1d100) months, the character experiences an inflated opinion concerning their abilities, as well as exhibiting extreme self-interest. This causes significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
Whenever a character is afflicted with egomania, they must behave as though they believe that each of their sub-ability scores is 2d20 points higher than what it is. An egomaniac is disinterested in
I'm also confused by that bodily attractiveness; it's at -10 but the most attractive feature is still my chest.
I noticed (on PDF page 198) you can roll d1000 for peasant occupations, I got 863 => messenger. Oh no! I can't be a messenger because my physical fitness is only 109 (required 110). New try: 392 => bah, boring farmer.
But! I have no money to start with and can't read, but my vocabulary is on the "Contumacious" level due to high language score.
I admit this selection doesn't sound really bad but I've browsed through the whole of the PDF...
...AND I rolled another character right after the first and got an infant (2 years old) who has two silver pieces, is unhappily married and whose dirty blond hair is thin, balding & frizzy. At least he's a legitimate child and can do addition in his head.
edited 14th Nov '10 11:09:09 AM by sidereal
SIDEREVS NVNCIVS / MAGNA, LONGEQVE ADMIRABILIA / Spectacula pandens, ſuſpiciendaque proponens vnicuique