Kyon: Big Damn Hero:
edited 31st Jan '13 11:29:01 AM by Eamil
- Hyper Awareness: An highly specific case. After Kanae learns how to slide within the same universe (which she dubs as "Jumping") Yuki trains Kanae to quickly and precisely assess spatial information to the point she's able to determine Sasaki's sizes from memory with enough detail for Mikuru to prepare an outfit for her in Chapter 52, after seeing her, at most, a couple of times. As of Chapter 58, it's currently unknown whether this is purely the result of the training or if Kanae in fact possesses some kind of Required Secondary Power related to spatial recognition.
Random pictures. Now that I think about it, Yuki has a canon-ish◊ bodysuit◊ labeled◊ "space◊ ninja◊" (宇宙忍者).
Too... sleepy.... need... ZZzZZZzzz
@Filraen: Space-ninja!Yuki—just like Pirate!Haruhi (◊, ◊, ◊) and Apron-dress!Mikuru (◊, ◊, ◊)—came from Suzumiya Haruhi no Heiretsu, an adventure game for the Wii, apparently as unlockable alternate outfits.
Unrelated. I was checking the trope page for "I Will Definitely Protect You" and I noticed that the Brigade doesn't know yet about the time when Kyon said something awfully similar in LL-2, i.e. "I won't ever turn my back on Tsuruya-hime". IMHO, it sounds like first-rate gossip/bragging material for a girl to share with her close female friends. Now that I think about it, saying something like that in front of the freaking kumichou of the Yamaguchi-gumi as a matter of course and without really meaning to qualifies as a nice mix of CMoA and CMoH in my book. No wonder Tsuruya reacted as she did . Thinking about it a little more, there are a few other titbits with the potential of resulting in interesting reactions that have not yet reached "common knowledge" status within the Big Damn Harem. For example:
- Kyon's Porn Stash and Mikuru and Tsuruya's contributions to it.
- Peeping Tom!Haruhi during the first set of Hinamizawa chapters (Fa-3).
- "Yuki-rin". 'Nuff said.
- The recordings of Kyon kissing Mikuru, Kanae and Haruhi (IINM, he doesn't know about that).
- One from canon (7th novel): the time when "Michiru" and Kyon hid in the (small) utility closet in the clubroom while "Mikuru" put on her maid outfit (a little aide-mémoire◊).
edited 1st Feb '13 3:06:37 PM by Specular
edited 2nd Feb '13 5:21:40 AM by Eamil
Re. Porn Stash In any case, I don't think there is a trope more appropriated than that. Just to byname it, how about Ecchi Stash? From an old post, what would you say of something like this◊ as Haruhi's addition to Kyon's collection? For Yuki, I'm not sure. I searched for a little bit and this◊ see-through set works for her the best IMO (bonus art◊ from the same fan artist*). In Kanae's case, I'm a little afraid to seek. There is not much fanart of her (that's it, of Yasumi) and if I relax the searching parameters to include only the characteristics of her physique, who knows what I can find.
Re. Yuki-rin I don't think someone other than Kyon calling her by her pet name would be have the same effect. As I see it, all this is the result of Kyon being overly formal with Yuki and Mikuru for way too long.
edited 2nd Feb '13 8:42:40 AM by Specular
edited 3rd Feb '13 3:17:49 AM by Filraen
edited 3rd Feb '13 4:45:26 PM by MadKitsu
|Haruhi||:||And your penalty will be calling all the SOS-Brigade members by pet names for the rest of the day!|
|Kyon||:||That doesn't sound too bad.|
|Koizumi||:||Feel free to call me "Icchan".|
|Kyon||:||I... didn't think this through. *notices someone staring at him* Yuki, what's wrong?|
Tropes question. How about?
Unrelated. Here's a crazy idea that I think I mentioned a while ago: what if the Brigade uses Haruhi's power to bond Hanyuu (a data entity) to Nonoko in a way similar to the former's connection to Rika and with some of the mechanics of the working relationship between Kyon and his chibis? In that way, Imouto gets a fairly cautious Fairy Companion (is that a pun?) as part of her Magical Girl power-up to balance her Genki Girl personally and Nanoha-esque approach to things. Probably, another motivation of mine for this line of thought is how Rika never resorted to Hanyuu's abilities to deal with stuff in canon. For example an invisible and intangible Spirit Advisor makes for an excellent spy to solve a mystery setting, don't you think? Admittedly, I would like to see Nonoko shinning outside of a battlefield though. For example, at some point I wondered if adult!Mikuru is going to recruit Nonoko to play The Matchmaker for Miyoko and "Hakase-kun", who I'm guessing are Mikuru ancestors.
edited 8th Feb '13 2:43:19 AM by Filraen