improve (page action crowner): Karma Houdini get usage counts
Deadlock Clock: 3rd Dec 2011 11:59:00 PM
edited 18th Dec '10 8:16:52 AM by taltamir
edited 18th Dec '10 9:01:46 AM by BlackWolfe
edited 18th Dec '10 10:36:19 PM by taltamir
edited 18th Dec '10 11:07:24 PM by Tyoria
edited 19th Dec '10 12:18:13 AM by taltamir
edited 19th Dec '10 1:14:52 AM by sgrunt
- 1-If the trope really is the aversion of ANY kind of karma exist lots of misuses-cases where the villain WAS punished, only not SUFFICIENTLY punished.
- 2-One trope of "the villain suffers one commeaupance" is not People Sit on Chairs. Seriously, let's examine it?
- "Tropes are conventions used in storytelling to convey some sort of information across to the audience. People Sit On Chairs don't convey any meaning — they aren't storytelling conventions at all, they're just things that happen normally or incidentally during the storytelling."
- "Note, that the criticism here isn't simply that the trope in question is "too common". There are some extremely common Cliches, and Omnipresent Tropes, that appear in fiction maybe even as frequently as chairs, but these are still storytelling devices. Conversely, a trope suggestion can still be guilty of People Sit On Chairs even if it doesn't literally appear all the time, but in the cases when it does, it is just used without a purpose. "
- 3-Despite the misuses, exists one LOT of legitimate entries in Karma Houdini, probably more in one only media than all the entries in Laser-Guided Karma in all the medias . In other words, the villain have no commeaupance is more commom than the persons believe.
edited 19th Dec '10 4:13:32 PM by MagBas
edited 19th Dec '10 5:07:32 PM by Tyoria
edited 19th Dec '10 6:29:10 PM by MagBas
- Karma Meter: The use of a simple scale to track a Player Character's morality.
- Karmic Death: Evil acts will bring about a character's certain and Irony-laden death.
- Karma Houdini: An evil character shrugs off any bad karma he has and gets away mostly scott free with all the bastardly deeds he's done
- Karma Houdini Warranty: An evil character (or lovable rogue) tries to go good, but has all their bad karma catch up to them because they want to change.
- Karmic Jackpot: One tiny good deed creates a cascade of overwhelming good fortune.
- Karmic Protection: Not being overtly evil means the universe can't be overly bad to you.
- Karmic Transformation: Detesting a group or species means you will turn into one of them.
- Laser Guided Karma: Doing a bad thing will get you promptly and neatly whacked by celestial forces.
- Sexual Karma: When being good gets you goodies, and being bad gets you... boned.
edited 19th Dec '10 9:30:06 PM by taltamir
edited 19th Dec '10 9:43:43 PM by taltamir
edited 20th Dec '10 3:38:17 AM by taltamir
Page Action: Karma Houdini
2nd Apr '12 1:49:08 PM