edited 23rd May '14 6:56:27 AM by acrobox
- Two heroic characters
- They operate in different arenas, which could be:
- One or both are not fully aware/accepting of what the other is trying to accomplish
- They fight because at least one believes the other is a Threshold Guardian of some sort, possibly because:
- They believe the other is the actual villain of the story
- The other is apparently standing in their way to finish their quest
- One is a stubborn potential ally and the other needs to defeat them/earn their respect to acquire their help.
- Through that fight, they gain each others respect and turn their strength against a mutual enemy.
edited 25th May '14 12:51:32 AM by acrobox
edited 28th Jun '14 6:46:58 PM by MacronNotes
edited 9th Jul '14 12:29:32 AM by SeptimusHeap
edited 8th Jul '14 11:22:43 AM by KarjamP
"Manipulative Bastard tricks two characters or heroes into fighting each other."
- Alien: Isolation
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Gunslinger Girl
- Homeless Two Tail
- Humans Are Psychic in the Future
- Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
- Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
- Illuminati New World Order
- Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami
- The Measure of a Titan
- Sandman Mystery Theatre
Zero Context Examples/Unclear
- Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog: ZCE
- The Avatars Trilogy: Unclear
- Dr. No:Not enough context.
- Girls Next Door: Unclear pothole.
- Gitaroo Man
- Grey Knights: Unclear context
- Homeless Two Tail
- Community S 3 E 13 Digital Exploration Of Interior Design: ZCE
- Magica Madoka Veneficus Puella: Unclear
- Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun
- Yukari's Offer: Looks unclear to me.
- Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
- Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior
- Street Fighter
- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Heroes fight each other due to a misunderstanding.
- Cave Story
- For a Few Dollars More
- Game Of Thrones S 4 E 10 The Children
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable
- Paperinik New Adventures
- Superman and the ThunderCats
- Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United
- Sonic Heroes
- Ukiah Oregon
- Shanghai Noon
- Snow Means Cold
- She Who Skitters In Shadows
- City Hunter: "Mick Angel and Ryo's way to say hello when they met after very long time? Shoot at each other until they emptied their guns. Then they started laughing like idiots, and, after Mick revealed he had been hired to kill Ryo, they hit a few pubs."
- Double Dragon Neon: "At the end of the game, during bro-op, Billy and Jimmy fight for Marian's affection, complete with her cheering them on in the background."
- Towerof God: "Novick wants to establish team hierarchy by fighting."
- Power Girl: That quote looks more like "I Know You Are in There Somewhere" Fight than Let's You and Him Fight
edited 9th Jul '14 1:53:21 PM by MacronNotes
- Let's You And Him Fight: The general Hero vs Hero Trope
edited 17th Sep '14 5:48:11 PM by DonaldthePotholer
Page Action: Lets You And Him Fight
18th Oct '14 1:56:58 AM