That would be fun, except...
You are not proposing the wicks actually getting fixed. Nothing currently has consensus, despite "Cut this" having kept a lead for awhile. Why is it important that the wicks and examples be fixed? Because the trope has encouraged misuse of wiki rules.
How to Write an Example
is getting violated left and right, in multiple ways:
- The point of an example is to convey information: But the examples are more often nonsensical, featuring unfamiliar works showing up in unfamiliar works, in a (if you're lucky) familiar work. Actors are not mentioned.
- If you think an example is inaccurate, correct it yourself: Example Indentation in Trope Lists is getting violated to show "alternative" versions of the same plot, or different plots, but the same work.
- State the source: The worst offense, getting hurt two different ways:
- Works are Sink Holed under character names.
- Creators are rarely used in any examples.
That particular offense makes the stated goal (people find a new roles for actors they like) less
- Group Examples: examples are being indented incorrectly.
- Avoid Irrelevant Potholing and References: Okay, this is the definition of the page, so I'm willing to forgive this rule. The Referencing, at least. The Potholing on the other hand...
On top of that, being in the Main/ Namespace has allowed the trope to appear the main work pages:
—> Including huge
The majority of wicks are on Trivia/ and YMMV/ pages.
Still new. Still learning. Asking questions and making mistakes.