Top 5 Villains Of Gaming:
edited 29th Dec '13 10:50:21 AM by MattStriker
edited 29th Dec '13 12:49:11 PM by Scardoll
- 5...The Illusive Man - Jack Harper/Mass Effect: The series had many memorable villains. Saren, Sovereign, Harbinger, Tela Visir, that ************* *********** **** ****** **** ***** ****** ****** ******** ****** ******* ******* Starchild. So why does he make the cut? First of all you work for him, and regardless of how you play he makes a good case of things from his point of view. Second he is a well rounded Well-Intentioned Extremist who genuinely believes he is doing the right thing, which is worth more than any Complete Monster and makes the atrocities he commits all the more disturbing. Third, he's played by Martin Sheen, and not only delivers a top notch performance that Jennifer Hale is talented enough to keep up with he comments on the character himself.
- 4...Zachery "Jazz" Colson/Wing Commander: Aha, now we get to the sleeper so a bit of backstory. Back in the day the series was huge, with technical advancements, solid gameplay, and a solid story and characters, this this guy is introduced. After getting to know the crew of the Tigers Claw it's blown up and you get the blame for it. Throughout the second game you encounter several of the survivors, several possibilities of a traitor, and at the end it turns out Colson is responsible for murderering most of a starship in the first game and the deaths of several of your friends in the second. But that's not enough for him, he tries to kill your lover before making an escape, and you discover all of this is because you did not save his brother from the Kilrathi. Without providing too much more detail he gets even worse, he delivered one of the first gut punches in video gaming, and if you could put aside what an asshole he is he actually had a good motive, until he began actively trying to help kill off the human race.
- 3...Luca Blight/Suikoden2: Despite not being the blockbuster the Final Fantasy series is there are few if any that are the Card-Carrying Villain Complete Monster he was, stealing scene after scene committing atrocities no amount of Freudian Excuse can excuse, to the point the game's Big Bad had him assassinated by the heroes. That assassination was a Rasputin Death few could hope to match and even at death's door he bragged about how evil he was, no self recrimination, no mercy, no regrets for what a bastard he was. That's enough to get him onto the list.
- 2...Vega - Balrog - M. Bison/Street Fighter: Whatever you want to call him he is the standard bearer of the narm tastic Large Ham monster with the goal to Take Over the World, of course! When this isn't his goal he works just as well as drug dealer, war lord, and crime kingpin, tormenting numerous characters in the franchise and having one of the best Rogues Gallery working for him, ever.
- 1...Sephiroth/Final Fantasy VII: Read the Player Punch for Jazz above? Okay, good. This guy's strike still stings sixteen years, sixteen years, sixteen years, sixteen...you get the idea, after it happened. To this day he is as popular as he was when first introduced, which gives some idea to how well fans had taken to the character. This is despite the atrocities he has committed. Take into account his backstory and what an utter Bad Ass the series has made him and he has got to make it onto this list.
- The mark of a good story means not feeling like The Angry Video Game Nerd hearing it."What would Buffy do?" Spike.
You need to Get Known to get one of those.