Misused: Stop Having Fun Guys get usage counts
Deadlock Clock: 26th Mar 2014 11:59:00 PM
- Abridged Arena Array (and laconic): Correct
- Acceptable Professional Targets: Misuse (unless hall monitors are gamers)
- Acceptable Ethnic Targets: Misuse (people who frown upon Self Deprication)
- YMMV/Aion: Correct
- All Issues Are Political Issues: Misuse
- American Football: Misuse, since it's talking about people thinking certain actions in football being banned for being "undignified." In fact, it's the exact opposite since the “Stop Having Fun” Guys are the ones advocating against the effective actions.
- American Kirby Is Hardcore: I... guess correct? Not much context since it's a caption, and it's slight misuse since it's basically using the trope as "wants to win" without the other parts of it. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say it works.
- Americans Hate Tingle: Misuse, talking about how Americans dislike a series for being too weird.
- Take That/Anime: Correct
- Break the Cutie/Anime: Probable misuse, potholed as "serious."
- Anime and Manga: Correct
- Anime and Manga: Correct
- Another Time, Another Place: Misuse, someone saying stop enjoying yourself while singing.
- April Fools' Day: Not sure, I lean towards no. It is a video game example, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with competition.
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Misuse as someone who's no fun.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Close enough.
- Ascended Glitch: Misuse. It has the right idea (competitive players being annoying), but like the American Football example earlier, it's actually saying the opposite with the supposed “Stop Having Fun” Guy advocating against the effective glitch.
- Ask The Tropers: ... weird that it's linked, but anyway. The three ways that SHFG came in a search were two examples of misuse and one with no context. Imma count that as one "Misuse"
- Assault Rifles: Misuse, as it's people trying to ban Assault Rifles for safety reasons.
- Attack on Titan: Honestly, I have no idea why it's being potholed there, as it's sinkholed to an example of people just enjoying a work. Anyway, misuse.
- Audience Reactions: Index. Not counting it either way.
- YMMV/Audiosurf: Correct
- YMMV/Avatar: Misuse. People bashing others' taste in movies.
- Awesome but Impractical: Correct
- YMMV/Bakugan: Not much context, but looks correct.
- Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden: No context.
edited 26th Nov '13 10:25:14 AM by Larkmarn
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold: Misuse, despite the Invoked tag. It's invoking someone who looks down on a different sport, which isn't this trope.
- Battlefield Heroes: Seems to actually be referring to Scrub. Not sure, though. I'm calling it neutral unless someone can figure that out.
- Ben Drowned: Misuse. People saying "guys the ARG isn't real" has nothing to do with the trope.
- Big Brother: It's not referring to a video game, but otherwise the context is similar (people criticizing the way people are playing the game, saying that they're doing it wrong). Still technically misuse, though (especially since they're criticizing the way they're playing because they don't think it's as effective).
- Big Brother 11: Presumably the same thing, though it's on a character page and not YMMV.
- Big Brother 13: Ditto.
- Billy vs. SNAKEMAN: Correct.
- WMG/Bioshock: Correct
- Black Adventures: Correct
- Bloody Roar: Misuse for someone not liking the game.
- Blue Hour: Misuse for... honestly I don't know. Just definitely wrong, though.
- Bob Chipman: Misuse for people who are Complaining About Consoles They Don't Like.
- Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: Misuse for the same.
- Body-Count Competition: Close enough.
- Book Burning: Misuse for party pooper.
- Brawl in the Family: A Correct invocation!
- Bridge in the Menagerie: No real context. Probably correct given the work.
- Tabletop Game/Brikwars: Misused for Serious Business.
- Brutal Legend: Misuse. Not sure exactly what it's about, but it's not about gaming.
- Characters/Canimals: Misuse for a party pooper.
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood: Misuse for making fun of someone for using a specific character because they're girly, not because their ineffective (or because she's [[Scrub too effective. Either way, misuse).
- Character Tiers: Correct
- Cheat Code: Correct
- YMMV/Chuggaaconroy: Misuse. He thinks people should play like him even if it's not the most effective way.
- Company of Heroes: Misuse for someone who wants others to take something seriously.
edited 26th Nov '13 11:57:57 AM by Larkmarn
edited 26th Nov '13 7:17:35 PM by StarSword
edited 28th Jan '14 10:59:55 PM by Leaper
- If the majority favor the "wet blanket" mode, move the "gamer" examples.
- If the majority favor the "gamer" mode, move the "wet blanket" examples.
- If both combine for an overwhelming majority but neither is the clear winner, then disambig.
- And if the plurality is neither, then we need to create new tropes and lock this one.
edited 16th Feb '14 2:53:38 PM by StarSword