It's probably a bit off-topic to ponder who would go after which Capcom IPs should they go under, but eh, what the hell, I'm up for pointless speculation.
- if I was to guess, I'd bet there would be a bidding war between Nintendo (who has always
loved Mega Man
- remember how they were responsible for releasing Mega Man 6
in the US?) and Comcept (Inafune would totally love to bring Rock home), with Nintendo probably winning due to larger coffers.
- I'd almost certainly give the nod to Bandai Namco on this one, although I'd actually list Disney Interactive as a dark horse (it'd make it much easier to produce future Marvel vs. Capcom
- I feel like EA would be all over this, for various reasons.
- On the other hand, I bet that Rockstar and Volition would compete for this, and the winner would turn the series into Grand Theft Auto
or Saints Row
, but with zombies. Eh, I can think of worse ideas.
- Someone cheap will walk away with this, and it's a damn shame. My dream would be for Konami to get it and have an epic Darkstalkers
crossover, but while I'm wishing for things, I'd like a million bucks and a pony.
- I think Nintendo would nab this one as well, but with less competition than for Mega Man
Breath of Fire
- Squeenix would love to get their hands on this. I'd bemoan the direction of recent Final Fantasy
games over this... but did anyone else play Dragon Quarter
? Yeah, call me crazy, but I don't think they could screw things up much worse.
There's a few dozen more that could be discussed, but that's off the top of my head. Sadly, I bet someone cheap would go after Gotcha Force
, which was too awesome for words.
Oh, hey, Mighty No. 9, didn't forget about you. It could be me having unrealistic expectations, but it looks like things are starting to really slow in terms of incoming donations. Hey, don't look at me, I already promised at the $60 level (I wants me a box, dagnum it
!) I know that the last couple of days will present another rush of donations... that said, I'm starting to worry about getting Challenge Mode. Well, considering that I'm already getting the other items I wanted (extra stages and boss rush mode), I can't complain.