edited 11th Jun '13 2:01:58 PM by sunlitgarden
- Pikmin: In Pikmin 2, if you find a drop of spray (red or purple), it is possible to get 2 doses out of one drop by getting both your captains close to the droplet, and pushing the inactive captain with the active captain. The inactive captain will start to collect it, and if you get the active captain to start collecting it as well, you will get 2 doses of spray instead of one.
- Button Game Series: Appeared in Button Game 1-4, by presing tab you could easily find hidden button. This was fixed later on.
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Mutants have a limited area they can move in. You can shoot from outside this area.
edited 11th Jun '13 2:30:47 PM by sunlitgarden
edited 11th Jun '13 7:06:13 PM by sunlitgarden
- Blaster Master had the grenade + pause bug that killed the bosses in the certain dungeons.
- Exploiting the pause button glitch in Mega Man 1, which allowed you to deal damage multiple times with a single shot, especially with Elec Man's power.
- In plenty of platform games, it's possible to gain two or more extra lives in a single level, commit suicide, restart the level, gain 2-3 more lives, commit suicide again... basically the platform equivalent of grinding/powerleveling.
- In the Touhou games, several patterns have safe spots where you can sit without fear of getting hit. Safe spots that are generally barely larger than your hitbox and entirely unmarked.
- Leg Sweeps on SNK Boss targets that are vulnerable to them.
- One early test chamber in Portal has a way to bypass all of the puzzles in it and go directly to the exit. According to the Commentary Mode, this act of Sequence Breaking was only discovered during one of the later gameplay test passes, and that normally they would have adjusted the level to prevent it. However, they left it in because they had to admit that being able to figure out how to do it arguably requires a better understanding of portal techniques than that level was trying to teach. However, the advanced version of this chamber removed the shortcut, since they made changes to the rest of the chamber to make it harder.
edited 11th Jun '13 9:54:01 PM by sunlitgarden
edited 11th Jun '13 9:55:12 PM by sunlitgarden
edited 11th Jun '13 9:39:59 PM by larkmarn
edited 11th Jun '13 10:19:11 PM by DonaldthePotholer