Hey, It's That Guy!
sees huge misuse. The misuse is so high that when I removed some misuse, I got a PM saying I risk suspension if I don’t open a TRS thread about it.
The definition of Hey, It's That Guy!
is “An actor you've seen in other works, but you don't remember his name, just his face.” Yet people routinely use it for, “here is a previous role for each of several of this film’s famous actors.” Leading to examples like this, from our ‘’Inception
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Jack Dawson, who dropped Rose for
John Dillinger's girlfriend Edith Piaf.
- ... and then, judging by the first scene, survived the Titanic sinking to wash up in Japan... breaking both space and time...
- Apparently, Brendan Frye stayed in the private eye biz after high school; but it's too bad what happened to The Pin...
- In fairness, The Pin did get the carpet wrong....
- Hey, it's that Criminal Minds UnSub from the first two episodes.
- Ra's Al Ghul, Alfred, Scarecrow, Bane, Talia.
- Juno is doing all right for herself.
- Tom Hansen got over Summer and is now following his dreams.
- Annabelle Fritton certainly grew up and filled out well, hasn't she? Unless you remember her as Miss Evangelista from the Library two-parter.
- Kitty Pryde has gone from walking through walls to bending Paris.
- Dr. Max Patel/That fortune-teller who called forth a demon goat.
- Keyser Soze's lawyer Kobayashi is the father of the Scarecrow.
- And Barnes is his right hand man.
- Friar Lawrence says: Our Romeo hath not been in bed tonight. (Yes, but he still dreamt a dream tonight... That dreamers often lie.)
- Did Shinzon just call Tommy "darling"?
- Miles's granddaughter is also The Kimberly's daughter. Oh my god: Alfred is Jack Bauer.
- That one guy who gave Arthur so much trouble in the hotel corridor? Private Mailer.
“Actors who appear in this work have played other characters” is not Hey, It's That Guy!
. It is not a trope at all. It is not trivia. It is not an audience reaction.
It is a just-for-fun game. And, in fact, we created a special just for fun page
for these sort of notes. But that has in no way stopped people from labeling it as “Hey, It's That Guy!
” and putting it on works’ trivia tabs.
edited 8th May '13 12:33:55 PM by AmyGdala