Realistic Lizard Folk:
- Like most lizards, they can see in near-ultraviolet light.
- Would they see color differently than humans, or would they just see another color that we can't, with everything else appearing the same?
- The sky is blue because of Rayleigh scattering and human retinas being more sensitive to blue light than violet light. Since they can see in UV, would their retinas be sensitive to different wavelengths and therefore see the sky as a different color, possibly regular violet? Or would they still see the sky as blue, due to the sun producing less violet light overall and a greater percentage of violet light being absorbed by the atmosphere?
- Their hearing is significantly less sensitive than a human's; about 30 Hz to 8 kHz, compared to a human's 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Would sounds sound significantly different to them?
- To a human, pure tones of about 4 to 6 kHz can be piercing, almost painful. You can check here to see for yourself Would the "painful" tones be different for them, given their different hearing range?
- What would their sense of smell be like? How could a vomeronasal/Jacobson organ affect it beyond pheromones?
- As they're cold-blooded, they don't need to take in energy to maintain body temperature, and so need to eat about a third as much as a human. However, they also need to live in warmer environments or have special equipment to keep their body temperature up.
- How would this affect their sense of temperature? Would a hot environment seem to cool off as their temperature stabilized?
- How would scales affect their sense of touch? I'm thinking it would be limited compared to a human's touch.
- The scales do not provide any significant protection that human skin doesn't. The closest it comes is turning away small thorns and such.
- What kind of diseases could they get that humans can't, because of biochemical barriers? What about vice versa?
- How about food?
- How would a tail affect their balance and center of gravity?
- What kind of accent would they get with a snoutish mouth? Would there be certain sounds that they can't pronounce? Would they be able to make sounds that we can't?
- I currently think that they would have trouble pronouncing the following sounds: oo (as in cool, not book), w, other sounds that require a puckering of the lips, ch, sh, j.
edited 6th May '13 8:32:55 AM by TeraChimera
edited 7th May '13 7:13:50 PM by magnum12
edited 8th May '13 2:44:34 PM by Golbolco
edited 8th May '13 4:43:35 PM by Tuckerscreator
edited 8th May '13 10:32:32 PM by magnum12
You need to Get Known to get one of those.