What would be the best option for writing out accents?:
- A. I could just mention in the narrative 'this character had a noticable accent' but that wouldn't work for most of the characters.
- B. I could use Phonetic Accents for everyone, which would be serious pain to read. But if I limited it to simply the 'exotic' characters, it has hints of Funny Foreigner which has hints of Unfortunate Implications in itself.
- C. I've also been seriously contemplating trying something that would be Painting the Medium a bit and could be quite complicated.
- "Why, 'ello there Jill!" James grinned enourmously. "'aven't seen you in a while, 'ave I?"
- "Better late that never," I replied
- "Why, hello there Jill!" I grinned enourmously. "Haven't seen you in a while, have I?"
- "Bettah late that nevah," Jill replied
- The only thing with that is it could get extremely confusing if people to pick up what's happening.
edited 10th Feb '13 12:00:54 PM by TheMuse
You need to Get Known to get one of those.