- Is the character's humanoid form merely a disguise or covering for something more along the line of an Eldritch Abomination? Would seeing this true form drive a human mad? Is it too alien to comprehend?
- Do they have other madness-inducing properties?
- Are the character's motives or behavior incomprehensible by any conceivable moral code? Are they somehow Above Good and Evil? Or conversely, if they are evil, is it more incidental than deliberate? (Meaning, is their goal something so far beyond us that harm to humans is a negligible side effect?)
- Origins: Did they originate in some sort of Eldritch Location, such as another dimension or a rip in reality? Are they the offspring of, or otherwise created by, an Eldritch Abomination? Or are their origins unknown (due to Time Abyss, their alien nature, etc.)?
- Are they a subject of, or connected to, a Cult or Religion of Evil?
- Do they use a Lovecraftian Superpower rather than conventional magic or typical superhero powers?
- Do they defy the fundamental laws of nature or magic?
- If they are a villain, is the tone of the work deeply pessimistic about the possibility of them being defeated completely?
- Is the genre of the story Cosmic Horror?
edited 7th Feb '13 11:04:55 AM by efay
edited 7th Feb '13 11:08:00 AM by efay
edited 7th Feb '13 11:49:58 AM by Arha
edited 7th Feb '13 11:51:36 AM by SeptimusHeap
edited 7th Feb '13 11:54:30 AM by efay
edited 7th Feb '13 12:09:35 PM by Xtifr
edited 7th Feb '13 12:21:32 PM by Arha