Former Identity: Arsène Lupin III Current Identity: Yamanaka Ino Gender: Female Age: Six Months Old Class: Freight. Alignment: Chaotic Baby Birthday: September 23rd
- Intelligence: 4.5/5
- Strength: 0/5
- Speed: 1/5
- Stamina: 0.5/5
- Taijutsu: 0/5
- Ninjutsu: 0/5
- Genjutsu: 0/5
- Handseals: 0/5
Welcome to the new home of Cosmos Quest. For those of you just joining us, this is what is known on Spacebattles as a Reincarnation Quest, wherein a character from one popular work of fiction is reborn as a child and grows up in a new world from another popular work of fiction. In this case, it's Lupin III growing up as Ino from Naruto. If you're interested, awesome. Please check in with the sign-up thread.
edited 26th Jan '13 4:00:10 AM by FurikoMaru
- Intelligence: 4.8/5
- Strength: 0.2/5
- Speed: 2.1/5
- Stamina: 1.3/5
- Taijutsu: 0/5
- Ninjutsu: 0/5
- Genjutsu: 0.3/5
- Handseals: 0/5
- Fuuinjutsu: 0.4/5
- Tessenjutsu: 0.7/5
- ??? - You've discovered that chakra flows in fundamental patterns throughout living beings, passing specific points of significance along the way. What has been heard cannot be unheard.
- Unique Perspective - ???
- The Shiroi Brothers
- Yuji (Shiroi-no-Rrnyan), kenjutsu sensei to the local kittens. Relationship: Your former Nyango teacher. Considers you an extra younger sibling.
- Menka, sensor-in-training, swordscat-in-training. Has a truly bizarre talent for dumpster diving. Relationship: Little-brother figure. Appears to have a crush on you. Has promised to help you become the greatest ninja in the world. Works to this end as your primary sparring partner.
- Shirotama, talented fishercat and hunter. Relationship: Little-brother figure.
- Shichidaime Tsumujikaze (Tsumujikaze-no-Hhirr), Head of the Tsumujikaze Family. Relationship: Tsumuji-san considers you a fine little lady. This has much to do with the fact that your Nyango conjugations are a hell of a lot more feminine than your Gyogo conjugations and pronouns. If he knew more about the nature of Gyogo grammar he'd be floored at the contrast.
- Seal Disruption (Basic) - You can alter or remove simple seals on manufactured goods.
- Knowledge of Botany (Basic) - You can name all the most common plants in or around Konoha, which ones are edible or otherwise beneficial, what their symbolic meanings are, and which ones not to touch, because you'll die.
- Knowledge of Chemistry (Basic) - You know some of the names of the most commonly-encountered elements, and what they do when coming into contact with one another. You know what distillation is, have a loose understanding of You have also memorized one of the easiest formulae for the development of false-faces. As of yet, your knowledge is entirely theoretical.
- Nyango: The Tongue of Cats - Knowing this language is a vital secondary requirement to becoming a signatory of the Cat Summoning Contract, currently in possession of the Uchiha Clan. You currently speak it as well as an adult cat of high intelligence. You have finally hammered out your knowledge of grammar, and you've overcome the difficulties presented by your lack of whiskers and such by employing your hands and tessen as correlative media (along with learning to wiggle your ears). Your knowledge of cat social structure and interactions is on par with a courtier of the highest rank.
edited 1st Mar '13 9:46:52 AM by FurikoMaru
edited 1st Mar '13 10:01:28 AM by FurikoMaru
Perks Unlocked: Contortionist Exit Stage Left Sensor Sense of Aesthetics - You care more about beauty than the average person. This gives you an eye for fine detail. Unfortunately, it also means if someone or something particularly beautiful crosses your field of vision, you're easily distracted. —- So~ It's about a week after the events of the last post. Your mom has to run an errand and has left you with some genin. You're currently in your shiny new fuuinjutsu'd playpen. [X] Escape! Duh! By The Power Of Special-Spoon! (Where do you go?) [X] Waaaaait a second... there's some kind of energy coursing through this cage. Might wanna take a look at that, it's interesting. [X] Take a nap. The one time your mom isn't there to take advantage of it by getting time to herself. [X] Write-In
edited 24th Jan '13 1:20:34 PM by FurikoMaru
edited 24th Jan '13 1:28:50 PM by FurikoMaru
- [X] Apply pressure?
edited 24th Jan '13 1:28:41 PM by FurikoMaru
edited 24th Jan '13 1:28:30 PM by FurikoMaru
- [X] First Word?
- [X] Mom
- [X] Dad
edited 25th Jan '13 8:31:43 PM by FurikoMaru
Over the next year and a half you work out this whole walking thing, learn about botany, and add words to your spoken vocabulary beyond 'spoon' and 'mom'. Soon no one can get you to shut up. Now you're a sturdy two-year-old. What shall we do today? [X] Shika-chan's mom invited you to the park and out for barbecue with another one of his friends! Let's go let's go! [X] You've read all your kids' books by now. Let's go looking for something more challenging!
- [X] Dad's closet bookshelf.
- [X] Mom's closet bookshelf.
edited 25th Jan '13 4:20:08 AM by FurikoMaru
edited 24th Jan '13 1:47:26 PM by FurikoMaru
edited 24th Jan '13 1:54:51 PM by FurikoMaru
edited 26th Jan '13 4:05:59 PM by FurikoMaru
Now that you've had ample time to reflect on your dream, what did you learn from it? [X] Write In! And what do you want to do for the next few weeks to months? Pick three. [X] Ask Yuji-sensei for more details about the Cat Summoning Contract and Summoning Contracts in general.
- [X] Which details?
- [X] Nonfiction reference: recent world history
- [X] Nonfiction reference: Mom's botany texts
- [X] Nonfition reference: Mom's herbal medicine/poison texts
- [X] Nonfiction reference: an up-to-date Bingo Book
- [X] Fiction: a collection of classic poetry
- [X] Fiction: a novel about a gutsy shinobi
- [X] Write In?
edited 26th Jan '13 4:12:04 PM by FurikoMaru
edited 10th Feb '13 10:17:05 PM by FurikoMaru
[X] Whyyyyyy are you so poor~? Let’s go get some cool stuff! I want that. You think this thought every single day. You think it when your mom sells a particularly beautiful potted orchid; you think it at the library until you find you can’t carry any more books without falling over; you think it when you eat lunch in the park and see another kid with something tastier; you think it at night when the moonlight pours into your bedroom through the window. It is such a normal, routine part of your thought process that you barely notice the feeling’s existence. Well. Save for rare occasions. “Nabiki-sama, please!” Except for the Fire Daimyo’s Wife’s rings, the hairpin is much nicer than any jewellery you’ve seen in Konoha before. It’s made of white gold and shaped like a leaping wolf, with a single, perfect garnet serving as its eye. You think of Ninja Princess Kurogiku, of her garnet-adorned crown, and of the incantation that charges its henge. Crimson rarer than diamonds and darker than blood, take this maiden under your guidance and grant her victory! Blossom Release: Blade Over Heart! “Don’t whine, Jiro; you’re here to serve Nabiki, which means you’ll do as Nabiki says!” You’re snoozing on a treebranch at the park, drifting in and out of sleep (Shikamaru was initially surprised at your sudden change in policy on naps, but seems to have decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth), when you see it. It’s pinned into the hair of an older girl; the hair is mint green, and the girl is about ten. You can’t get a good look at her face, as she’s standing beneath you. She doesn’t notice you, however; her attention is entirely focused on the boy in front of her. He’s closer to her age than yours, but he’s still a head shorter than her. He looks very worried, and doesn’t see you either. A girl of good family and her retainer, your mind fills you in automatically upon taking in their clothes. You notice that little habit about as often as you consciously notice wanting things. “But Nabiki-sama, if we’re caught, your father will be so mad at us!” Nabiki sniffs. “Papa will be happy that Nabiki made money off those rude ninja girls. They weren’t so tough, after all.” “But they weren’t even kunoichi!” Jiro wails. “Shinobi wear forehead protectors, my lady, those were just ordinary girls-” Nabiki’s best comeback is a slap in the face. “Don’t contradict Nabiki! This is a ninja village. Besides,” she adds haughtily, “if they weren’t ninja, why did they agree to fight Nabiki?” “You didn’t give them a chance to say no- OW!” “Stupid Jiro! Papa is taking Nabiki shopping tomorrow, and if he finds out she spent all her pocket money already he’ll scold Nabiki and won’t let her leave the hotel! Now let’s find another girl and we’ll be all done.” As amusing as this drama no doubt is, it’s time for you to make a decision. [X] A woman with her priorities so far out of whack doesn’t deserve to wear such a fine work of art. Yoink! [X] Hey, she can’t hit him just ‘cause he works for her! That’s mean. Let’s distract her – by taking the hairpin! [X] Wait a bit and follow her at a distance. If she attacks someone else and gets distracted, then take the hairpin. [X] Kick her ass and take the hairpin! See how she likes it.
Rouga Nabiki is a character archetype I’ve been thinking about ever since the merchant route finally lost in Pink Blossom Quest. Obviously she’s named for the infamous Miss Tendo, but her personality is modeled after Martina from Slayers Next and Sudo Mizuki from Tokimeki Memorial: Girls’ Side. I think she’d make a good foil for Big Sis Sakura – a warning that a focus on material goods can set you free from the constraints of shinobi- or samurai-hood, but in turn it can make you think you ought to have no constraints at all. Ooooooof. So glad to be doing this again. Welcome, Spacebattlers; try not to antagonize the tropers. Tropers, likewise; no badmouthing the Spacebattles mods for locking the original thread. I am uninterested in making this whole affair dramatic when it fundamentally came about because I wasn't clear enough when expressing myself. As a writer, I have no excuse, and I apologize to whoever may have been disturbed by what I appeared to be implying.
edited 25th Jan '13 3:10:31 PM by FurikoMaru
edited 25th Jan '13 3:39:48 PM by luckybreak91
edited 27th Jan '13 1:29:50 AM by FurikoMaru