TV Tropes Org

Forums

search forum titles
google site search
Total posts: [414]
1
 2  3  4  5  6 ... 17

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III Collaborative Roleplay):

 1 Furiko Maru, Wed, 23rd Jan '13 4:54:28 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
The first thing that catches your attention is the noise.

Specifically, it exists (again? There was noise before, you definitely remember that), and there’s a lot of it; would someone go check on that baby? Sounds like someone’s beating it with a cat. You seem to be contributing to the din, but you can’t quite figure out which voice is yours.

Until you realize you’re being held easily in someone’s giant arms.

... what?! No, seriously, what the hell is going on?

“Congratulations, Yamanaka-san; it’s a girl. And with an exceptionally-strong set of lungs. You have the loudest baby I’ve ever heard.”

There is a moment of hysterical laughter before a tired, mildly frazzled voice says, “Oh, marvelous.”

The giant passes you to another giant, and you briefly wonder why your eyes aren’t working properly (lights, lights everywhere!) before being enveloped in softwarmlovegoodsmell.

... Mom?

“I told you she was a girl, ” the giant-who-is-probably-your-mother (but no way, how is that even possible?) smugly informs someone. “That you did, ” a new voice answers. You think you like it; it sounds sort of... grounded. Sensible, but not in a boring way. It reminds you of someone.

“Isn’t she beautiful, darling?” Warm fingertips stroke your sparse hair. “Welcome to the world, my Ino.”

What?! You’re seriously naming me Pig? You try to protest, but all that emerges from your mouth is louder wailing.

Your last thought before you tire yourself out and go to sleep is a succinct, but honest, ... crap.


Former Identity: Arsène Lupin III

Current Identity: Yamanaka Ino

Gender: Female

Age: Six Months Old

Class: Freight.

Alignment: Chaotic Baby

Birthday: September 23rd

  • Intelligence: 4.5/5
  • Strength: 0/5
  • Speed: 1/5
  • Stamina: 0.5/5
  • Taijutsu: 0/5
  • Ninjutsu: 0/5
  • Genjutsu: 0/5
  • Handseals: 0/5

Contortionist – You’re double jointed everywhere you have joints. You can fold in ways too gross to be politely discussed. Any space where you could conceivably fit something your size, you can squeeze into.

Exit Stage Left – You are an escape and evasion savant. No matter how many times your mother checks the child-safety lock on your playpen, you will always be able to get out whenever you want to.

Pervert! – At such a young age this perk is dormant save for curiosity about sexual biology and a fondness for pretty nee-chans and nii-chans. At puberty it can become something of a liability, but if you survive to jouninhood it can give you up to a .5 increase in your speciality. Those of us in the business call it the Kishimoto Bonus. (Note: Clearly A Joke Perk. Don't expect me to write any sex scenes or even particularly detailed musings. Think Kakashi-level perversion; no Miroku-style groping, even if for some reason all of you vote for it.)

You Cannot Comprehend My (Mind’s) True Form – Your mind is a complete mystery to everyone but you. Your father has given up on ever trying to do traditional Yamanaka parent-baby psychic bonding rituals because every thought you have is coated in a thick fog of loud noises, bright lights and bizarre imagery that make your head unnavigable. You essentially have naturally-occurring S-rank thought-concealment. You are, however, still incapable of throwing off genjutsu; you’ll have to learn kai just like everyone else.

Sense of Aesthetics – Beauty matters to you far more than to most people, giving you a keen eye for detail. Unfortunately, if something or someone particularly beautiful comes along, you can be easily distracted.

Sensor – You’ve inherited the family sensing abilities. Your range is currently limited to people and things you're actually touching, barring chakra sources you’d have to be blind to miss, like the Kyuubi.


Welcome to the new home of Cosmos Quest. For those of you just joining us, this is what is known on Spacebattles as a Reincarnation Quest, wherein a character from one popular work of fiction is reborn as a child and grows up in a new world from another popular work of fiction. In this case, it's Lupin III growing up as Ino from Naruto.

If you're interested, awesome. Please check in with the sign-up thread.

edited 26th Jan '13 4:00:10 AM by FurikoMaru

 2 Furiko Maru, Wed, 23rd Jan '13 4:55:20 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
Former Identity: Arsène Lupin III

Current Identity: Yamanaka Ino

Gender: Female

Age: 6 and a Half

Class: Flowershop Assistant/First Year Academy Student

Alignment: Chaotic Child

Birthday: September 23rd

  • Intelligence: 4.8/5
  • Strength: 0.2/5
  • Speed: 2.1/5
  • Stamina: 1.3/5
  • Taijutsu: 0/5
  • Ninjutsu: 0/5
  • Genjutsu: 0.3/5
  • Handseals: 0/5
  • Fuuinjutsu: 0.4/5
  • Tessenjutsu: 0.7/5

Perks and Traits:

Contortionist – You’re double jointed everywhere you have joints. You can fold in ways too gross to be politely discussed. Any space where you could conceivably fit something your size, you can squeeze into.

Exit Stage Left – You are an escape and evasion savant. You can get past pretty much any commercially-available seal no problem and genin are your hapless playthings. Still can't seem to get away from jounin-ranked cops, though. Damn Lollypops.

Sensor – You’ve inherited the family sensing abilities. Your range is currently limited to about five feet away from you on all sides, barring chakra sources you’d have to be blind to miss, like the Kyuubi. You are now capable of analysing the chakra levels and intentions re: yourself of everyone within your range. With practice, who knows how far you'll go?
  • ??? - You've discovered that chakra flows in fundamental patterns throughout living beings, passing specific points of significance along the way. What has been heard cannot be unheard.

Sense of Aesthetics – Beauty matters to you far more than to most people, giving you a keen eye for detail. Unfortunately, if something or someone particularly beautiful comes along, you can be easily distracted.

Pervert! – At such a young age this perk is dormant save for curiosity about sexual biology and a fondness for pretty nee-chans and nii-chans. At puberty it can become something of a liability, but if you survive to jouninhood it can give you up to a .5 increase in your speciality. Those of us in the business call it the Kishimoto Bonus. (Note: Clearly A Joke Perk. Don't expect me to write any sex scenes or even particularly detailed musings. Think Kakashi-level perversion; no Miroku-style groping, even if for some reason all of you vote for it.)

You Cannot Comprehend My (Mind’s) True Form – Your mind is a complete mystery to everyone but you. Your father has given up on ever trying to do traditional Yamanaka parent-child psychic bonding rituals because every thought you have is coated in a thick fog of loud noises, bright lights and bizarre imagery that make your head unnavigable. You essentially have naturally-occurring S-rank thought-concealment. You are, however, still incapable of throwing off genjutsu; you’ll have to learn kai just like everyone else.
  • Unique Perspective - ???

Ambidextrous

Phenomenal Memory

Fuck Da Police! - Aside from your parents, you are suspicious of authority figures on general principle. If they fuck with you, you will fuck back if you can.

Allies

Nara Shikamaru, Future Head of the Nara Clan

Akimichi Chouji, Future Head of the Akimichi Clan

'Angel' Nara Yoshino, wife of current Clan Head, mother of Heir

Juusandaime Tora (Tora-no-Perrunya), Head of the Tora Clan of Exiled Cats (whatever the hell that means) and Unwilling Pet of Nara Kashima, the Fire Daimyo's Wife. Relationship: ?
  • The Shiroi Brothers
    • Yuji (Shiroi-no-Rrnyan), kenjutsu sensei to the local kittens. Relationship: Your former Nyango teacher. Considers you an extra younger sibling.
    • Menka, sensor-in-training, swordscat-in-training. Has a truly bizarre talent for dumpster diving. Relationship: Little-brother figure. Appears to have a crush on you. Has promised to help you become the greatest ninja in the world. Works to this end as your primary sparring partner.
    • Shirotama, talented fishercat and hunter. Relationship: Little-brother figure.
  • Shichidaime Tsumujikaze (Tsumujikaze-no-Hhirr), Head of the Tsumujikaze Family. Relationship: Tsumuji-san considers you a fine little lady. This has much to do with the fact that your Nyango conjugations are a hell of a lot more feminine than your Gyogo conjugations and pronouns. If he knew more about the nature of Gyogo grammar he'd be floored at the contrast.

Skills

Knowledge of Sealing - You are the first person to have had practical experience with seal work before studying the theoretical side of the discipline since the Sandaime.
  • Seal Disruption (Basic) - You can alter or remove simple seals on manufactured goods.

Knowledge of Science
  • Knowledge of Botany (Basic) - You can name all the most common plants in or around Konoha, which ones are edible or otherwise beneficial, what their symbolic meanings are, and which ones not to touch, because you'll die.
  • Knowledge of Chemistry (Basic) - You know some of the names of the most commonly-encountered elements, and what they do when coming into contact with one another. You know what distillation is, have a loose understanding of You have also memorized one of the easiest formulae for the development of false-faces. As of yet, your knowledge is entirely theoretical.

Knowledge of Poisons (Basic) - You know the theory behind mixing up several dangerous elixirs and nonlethal irritants, none of which your mother will let you experiment with. She has, however, permitted you to observe her filling shinobi orders for speciality poisons.

Knowledge of Strategy and Tactics (Basic) - You know enough to be okay at shogi and shoplifting. That's about it.

Knowledge of Geography (Basic) - You know the names of all the major nations and can find them on a map, along with the sort of stuff anyone could be expected to know (Wind Country is mostly desert, there're black people in Kumogakure, etc). You also know Konoha really well; its back alleys, wooded parks, riverbanks and streets are your turf. You know all the shortcuts and which shops sell the best candy.

Knowledge of History (Intermediate) - The strange confluence of your hobbies makes you a natural whiz at remembering historical details.

Knowledge of Treasure (Basic) - You know all the big-name lost cities of gold, Uzushio pirate hoards, superpowered weaponry, and museums, and have a reasonable understanding of their contents, for a child.

Knowledge of Calligraphy (Basic) - You are capable of producing formal script.

Knowledge of Parkour (Intermediate) - You are as capable at free-running as a genin. Your height and lack of upper-body strength hinder you, but your excellent chakra control can make up the deficit.

Spiritual Understanding (Basic): Wind - The Crossroads - You are beginning to understand the spiritual power of the Wind element, and have acquired a personal totem for it.

Spiritual Understanding (Basic): Water - The Chariot - You are beginning to understand the spiritual power of the Water element, and have acquired a personal totem for it.

Spiritual Understanding (Basic): Earth - The Map - You are beginning to understand the spiritual power of the Earth element, and have acquired a personal totem for it.

Suiton - According to your father, it is virtually certain that Water is your primary elemental affinity.

Careful, Your Face Might Freeze That Way (Intermediate) - You can make masks that look realistic by candlelight or moonlight, and you can vary their skintone or other properties with some facility. It takes you about a full minute to get one of these masks on without tearing them.

Chakra Conduit Technique - You can temporarily make your hand a bridge to connect two points in a chakra circuit that have been cut off from one another, by withdrawing most of your own chakra back into your arm, leaving only what's necessary to direct the flow of the foreign energy. Whatever else you can do with this technique will rely on how you experiment with it.

Customer Service - Floral class (Intermediate) - You know how to smile and say, "Just one moment please, " before going off to find Mom. Sometimes if you do it just right, a nice man'll pat you on the head, or a girl will hug you! :3 You can also make change and tell people which items are in stock, and arrange/pot/wrap basic orders.

Cunning Linguist - You have a gift for languages, it appears.

  • Nyango: The Tongue of Cats - Knowing this language is a vital secondary requirement to becoming a signatory of the Cat Summoning Contract, currently in possession of the Uchiha Clan. You currently speak it as well as an adult cat of high intelligence. You have finally hammered out your knowledge of grammar, and you've overcome the difficulties presented by your lack of whiskers and such by employing your hands and tessen as correlative media (along with learning to wiggle your ears). Your knowledge of cat social structure and interactions is on par with a courtier of the highest rank.

Chakra Control - Yours is pretty damn amazing. Shame about those pathetically low reserves.

Musicianship: Koto, Akegami School (Apprentice) - Your mom has started teaching you to play the koto. She says the school you're learning was founded by an ancestor of yours who brought it to Fire Country from his homeland. You've finally reached the point where it won't be an embarrassment for a teacher of Takae-sensei's (aka Mom's) standing to have you as an official apprentice.

Gamesmanship: Shogi (Talented Beginner) - Shikamaru only beats you five games out of ten. His dad totally outclasses both of you.

Obscure Weapons Skill: Tessenjutsu (Basic) - You know the standard defensive forms any gently-bred lady knows. You lack a proper instructor, but you have quite a bit of practice, as Menka makes for a very obliging 'assailant'.

Talking the Talk (Basic) - You can easily mimic the voices and speaking-patterns of other girls, women, and boys you know.

All Right, Mr Miyazaki, I'm Ready For My Closeup (Basic) - You have recently gained an interest in acting. At present your talent is but a tiny spark, but with encouragement and determination, you could rule the stage and be enshrined in the hearts of millions! Or you could just get really good at infiltration, whatever; I'm not the boss of you.

Tools

Bokken - As yet, you don't know how to use this. You can't even lift it, really. It was an impulsive gift from Menka.

Ninja Wire, 5 metres

Training Kunai, 10

Real Kunai, 10

Tessen: Suitable for defensive manoeuvres against bladed weaponry, directing elemental attacks, signalling allies across the battlefield, and smacking idiots.

Loot

One (1) Konoha Military Police Force Captain's badge, originally belonging to Uchiha Hiroto

Ten Ryo Live-Capture bounty on Tora.

One (1) handcrafted wolf-shaped 18k white gold hairpin with .5 carat garnet. Made by legendary jeweller Guren. Approximate cash value: 2, 200 FCR.

One (1) mahogany shogi board. Approximate cash value: 900 FCR

One (1) family heirloom koto. Strong sentimental value. Approximate cash value: Yamanaka Ino is not some punk who sells her mother's treasures and makes her cry. Shame on you!

One (1) Annotated World Atlas of Art History, by Nara Hizume. Strong sentimental and historical value. Approximate cash value: Nor is she the sort to part with gifts from friends lightly. Still... around 830 FCR

One (1) hairdressing kit. Suitable for storing beautifying remedies, hiding correspondence or poisons, and providing a handy stool when company calls. Approximate cash value: 30 FCR

One (1) slightly out-of-date Bingo Book. Approximate cash value: 10 FCR

edited 1st Mar '13 9:46:52 AM by FurikoMaru

 3 Furiko Maru, Wed, 23rd Jan '13 4:55:35 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
Table of Contents:

Prologue: Six Months Old

Chapter One: Ino vs The Playpen, Round 2

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Epilogue

Chapter Two: The Tora Incident

Part One Part Two

Chapter Three: Ino's First Nap, And What Came After

Part One Part Two

Interlude: Always Save The Girl

Chapter Four: Rouga Nabiki To Iu Shoujo

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Part Five Part Six

Interlude: A Father-Daughter Ta- BIRTHDAY INTERRUPT! grin

Part One Part Two

Chapter Five: The Naming Of Cats

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Part Five Part Six Part Six and a Half: Omake Theatre~! Magical Kaitou Golden Ino - The Genin Years Part Seven Part Eight

Chapter Six: Three And a Half Years Old

Part One Part Two Part Three A Part Three B

Chapter Six: Four Years Old

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Part Five Part Six Part Seven Part Eight Part Nine Part TenPart ElevenPart Twelve Part Thirteen Part Fourteen Part Fifteen

edited 1st Mar '13 10:01:28 AM by FurikoMaru

 4 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 1:16:37 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
Six Months Old

You’re beginning to wonder if this whole ‘having a family’ thing is really going to work out.

Every day, you call for your mother to come pick you up, and she always takes way too long to get there. And she always seems annoyed that you called her! It’s morning and you want to get moving and do stuff, is that a crime?

“Ino, sweetheart, when are you going to sleep through the night?”

Five-thirty am is still the morning! Don’t try to tell me it isn’t, Dad goes to work at this time every day!

When you finally get rescued from the crib, she then takes you downstairs and straps you into the next torture device, the high chair. The straps are really itchy on your shoulders, and the chair itself is just not comfortable. And then she wonders why you’re so squirmy while you eat. How are you supposed to enjoy your meal under these conditions?

And then, to add insult to injury, the very next place you’re put is a playpen in the shop, behind the counter.

Yeah. Another cage. Does she think you’re a zoo animal, or something? You wanna be with Mom! You don’t care if she’s in the same room, she’s paying attention to other people – strangers! – not you. At the very least she could introduce you!

Finally, one day, she does.

“Ino, this is Shikamaru. Say hello, Ino.”

Hey, it’s a kid your age. Wow, you don’t see many of those in the shop. You wave at him like you do to Dad when he leaves for work. The kid doesn’t wave back. He seems kinda zonked out on his mom’s shoulder, to be honest.

“Shika, ” his mother says sternly, “say hello to Ino-chan.” Ooh, she’s pretty! you notice. Your mom is pretty too, but this new mom is a different kind of pretty; a sharper kind.

Shikamaru... moves his hand? It’s kind of a wave, you suppose. Amused, you mimic his slo-mo hand jiggle and laugh. He blinks, and for a moment he actually looks awake. But then the moment passes, and he’s back to his droopy-eyed self.

“I swear, Takae-san, sometimes I wonder if I’m going crazy. When he’s alone with Shikaku and me he waves at us whenever we leave the room and waves whenever we come back, and stands up while holding onto the table, and understands his name when we talk about him, and all these things, but in public it’s as though he’s behind the curve instead of ahead.”

“Perhaps he’s just shy, Yoshino-san; I’m sure he’ll outgrow it.”

You wait until they’re across the room and get to work on your project for the day. You’ve had enough of this being-away-from-the-action shit. Shaking out your right pant-leg, you grab your special-spoon and start slicing away at the mesh wall furthest from the chatting ladies. Your mom never lets you around knives, despite your dad’s protests that you have to learn how not to stab yourself sometime. However, she has been careless enough to let you have access to spoons, once you proved you could use one without throwing your food all over her in delight.

All in all, you’re impressed with yourself for only doing that twice.

You spare a glance for Shikamaru; he’s obviously watching you with a certain amount of interest, but he doesn’t look like he wants to help out or call for his mom. Satisfied with this, you turn back to your work.

It isn’t long, a mere matter of seconds, before the hole is large enough to go through. Jubilant, you do so. It’s a bit of a squeeze, but it only lasts half a sec and then you’re out. Animal crackers and Mom-snuggles, here you come.

Shikamaru sits up in surprise. Slowly, he gets to his feet, and toddles unsteadily over to the hole, peeking through it at you.

If you could, you would whistle appreciatively. You’re walking already? Lucky!

You’ve decided. When you do something cool, mom rewards you with animal crackers. Walking is pretty cool, not to mention hard, so when you get the animal cracker box down from the counter, Shika’s gonna get half of them.

You pull open the bottom drawer in the counter as far as it’ll go, then get the next one above it slightly less open. In moments you’ve made a makeshift staircase.

The climb is a little tedious, way worse than the steps from the kitchen to upstairs. But soon it’s over.

You sit down on the counter for a moment and enjoy the view. There’s a lot to enjoy; now that you’re closer to the height the displays are meant for, you see that what you thought of from below as a mass of green is actually a riot of every colour in the spectrum. Lilies, carnations, roses, lotuses, and those pretty, wistful cosmos flowers all smile up at you in their floral splendour. It’s a very peaceful feeling, taking all of that in. You sigh contentedly.

Seeing new things is the very best.

Mom and Shikamaru’s mom are still talking in the corner over tea; Shikamaru isn’t standing up anymore, but he’s still watching you. You smirk down at him, and give him another not-wave. Once the box of treats is in your hand, you climb carefully back down, and land with an oomph! on your bum. Undaunted, you open the box and reach in for a victory cracker. Ahh, monkey. Your favourite. Munching happily, you reach back into the box, dig around for another monkey-shaped cracker, and hold it up to the hole.

Somehow this shakes Shikamaru out of his reverie; apparently he understands sharing food, even if he doesn’t get why you did everything else. Hey, he can smile, who knew? As he grasps the cracker, your fingers touch.

Closeclosecloseyoungmaleenemyenemyenemy... enemy?

No, neutral.

... no! Friend! you insist weakly.

Hey, your moms came over to see you guys! Apparently when that weird wave of information hit you cried aloud.

Both the adults seem to be confounded by the idea that you aren’t right where they left you, but neither of them look worried, so you suppose you’re fine.

Shikamaru looks so shocked, still holding his cracker, that you burst out laughing. That snaps him out of it; he pouts, and manages to get a good bite out of his snack before his mom takes it away. Good for him.

“I’m ever so sorry, Yoshino-san, but I’m afraid we’ll have to cut our visit short today.”

Shikamaru’s mom makes a sympathetic noise. “Of course. We’ll come back another day.” She scoops up her son and gathers her things. “Let me know if you need the address of a shop that sells seal-locked playpens, ” she says as she heads out the door. “Shika’s broken so many we upgraded last week.”

“Thank you, Yoshino-san; that would be much appreciated.”

... you know, you think furiously, you’re a really troublesome guy, Shika-chan.

When Dad comes home, Mom intercepts him before storytime.

“Darling, I think Ino might be ready for daycare.”

“What did she do?” he asks, amused.

“She smuggled a spoon out of the kitchen, sharpened it to an edge somehow, carried it into the playpen, cut a hole in the mesh the size of her head, somehow got through it, pulled all of the drawers open, climbed up them to the counter, got the box of animal crackers, climbed back down, and proceeded to share the crackers with Shikamaru through the hole she'd cut.”

surprised “... so what you’re saying is, you’re ready for daycare.”


Perks Unlocked:

Contortionist

Exit Stage Left

Sensor

Sense of Aesthetics - You care more about beauty than the average person. This gives you an eye for fine detail. Unfortunately, it also means if someone or something particularly beautiful crosses your field of vision, you're easily distracted.

—-

So~ It's about a week after the events of the last post. Your mom has to run an errand and has left you with some genin. You're currently in your shiny new fuuinjutsu'd playpen.

[X] Escape! Duh! By The Power Of Special-Spoon! (Where do you go?)

[X] Waaaaait a second... there's some kind of energy coursing through this cage. Might wanna take a look at that, it's interesting.

[X] Take a nap. cool The one time your mom isn't there to take advantage of it by getting time to herself.

[X] Write-In

edited 24th Jan '13 1:20:34 PM by FurikoMaru

 5 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 1:21:49 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
[X] Waaaaait a second... there's some kind of energy coursing through this cage. Might wanna take a look at that, it's interesting.

Hmm. It seems to be all around you, so it's difficult to get an idea of the source. You lay a hand on the playpen wall, and start moving it around. Somehow you know what you're feeling for; it's not quite a heat, it's more like a... a pressure, or a fullness. It's kind of like how, when you hug mom, you can half-hear-half-feel the blood pumping through her neck.

After a few moments, you figure out that there has to be something on one specific side of the cage - the feeling-sound gets louder and thicker the closer you get to it. Poking at that wall, you eventually find a spot where all the energy seems to twist together in a knot before stretching back out into the rest of the playpen.

[X] Untie the knot

[X] Examine the knot further

[X] Fake hunger/need for a diaper-change/injury and make the stupid genin unlock this thing. It's not like they're mom, how're they supposed to know you're faking?

[X] Write-In

edited 24th Jan '13 1:28:50 PM by FurikoMaru

 6 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 1:25:27 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
[X] Examine the knot further

Sucking on your tongue in concentration, you poke the knot with your left index finger.

mmmmmmnnn

...!

Little Sprout Containment Unit

Biolock

Submit sample

Processing...

Incorrect. Resubmit or consult admin. You have one attempt remaining before contents become unavailable.

... what the hell does that mean, contents become unavailable? Oh. You're the content of the cage, aren't you?

Wait, did Mom set you up to be disintegrated?! sad

In retrospect, maybe you shouldn't have thrown that food at her those times.

All right, all right, calm down, think about the rest of it. Biolock. Bio has to do with life, right? Of course it does, it's right there in the kanji. And a lock is obvious. So the lock opens when stuff to prove you're alive goes in it. Now, what proves you're alive?

Blood. Sweat. And maybe... chakra? You're not really clear on what chakra is - you used to think it had something to do with meditation and traditional medicine, but the way you hear other people talk about it, it sounds more like...

You facepalm. If anyone were looking (the genin are currently arguing about whether it's ethical to drink the pop that's in the kitchen fridge and seem to have forgotten you're in the room), they'd d'aww. Of course. That's what this energy is. That's what the knot's made of.

You wonder if that means the cage is alive. What a creepy thought! You could be in its stomach right now.

Hmm. Maybe if it's made of chakra, it needs chakra to open? But you don't know how to show the stupid thing your chakra! Argh, this sucks!

Okay. It said whatever you did before was incorrect. What did you do? You touched it. You felt its... chakra, you guess, okay. What did the chakra feel like?

Pressure. So maybe if you press harder, you'll push out some chakra and the lock will open.

But! It also said you get one more chance, so it can't be just any chakra, if everyone has chakra.

Maybe it's only chakra belonging to your parents?

... god, y'know, going by how much mom seems to like knowing where you are at all times, maybe only her super-special momkra can open the thing. You smile despite yourself. It's touching, the way she worries about you.

The genin have left the room, probably to get that pop. You estimate their return time as somewhere between 2 seconds if the curly-haired one realizes she forgot about you (she's got 'the responsible type' written all over her) and a full minute if 1) she doesn't realize, 2) they go for the cola at the back of the fridge instead of the ramune on the bottom shelf (you know you would), and 3) they all have a glass instead of just the redhead who said he was thirsty. You might stretch that to two minutes if someone drops a glass and they have to clean up, but let's not hope for miracles, here.

Whatever. It's go time. Fortunately, you work fast. How do you want to unlock it?

[X] You're pretty sure mom wouldn't actually disintegrate you. You two love each other, right? If you input the wrong information again, you'll probably just be 'stuck in here' (*snicker*) until she gets home, which wouldn't be any change from before. Touch the knot again.
  • [X] Apply pressure?

[X] See if you can somehow ask the knot questions. Hey, it's alive, right?

[X] Write-In. Maybe someone with actual computer-fuckery experience can come up with something good.

edited 24th Jan '13 1:28:41 PM by FurikoMaru

 7 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 1:28:19 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
[x] Computer-fuckery: Hmm, the seal seems to contain 3 main pieces: the Cage, that holds you in. The Lock, which controls the Cage. And the Governor, the 'intelligence' of the seal that controls the User interface and the Lock. There may be more, sneakier pieces (alarms, telltales and the like) hidden in the array because Ninja. But you think that if you can put a small spike between the Lock and the Governor you can tell the Lock to open the Cage, whilst leaving the Governor thinking that it's still locked.

Right. Thiiiiis is gonna be tricky.

Pressing your ear against the playpen wall, you analyse the points at which the flow rejoins the knot.

Huh. Iiiiiiinteresting; seems it's not so much a knot as it is a junction. The veins of energy come together, wrap around each other without actually constricting each other, and continue out the other side. There aren't four arteries making up the knot; there are two.

So maybe... what's needed here isn't pressure, but ease. A silence to be filled by the vibration.

Very, very gingerly, as quick as you can, you place all four fingers of your left hand on each of the entry and exit points, and without moving your arm, move ever so slightly back in yourself.

Arararara, too much, too much, you think, panicking as the energy enters you; it kind of hurts, the way the booster shot you had two weeks ago hurt, and you think your hand's about to go numb.

You focus the pressure at your wrist, damming the foreign flow into the receiving-fingers and back out into the cage-circuit. It takes a second to take effect, but the pain evaporates, and the chakra seems to know what's expected of it. There's still a good bit of numbness in your hand, but you don't intend to keep this up much longer.

With a flick of your wrist, you jerk the vein-ends down, and spiral the arteries back together.

It's a moment's work, and when that moment is over, you hear a small, satisfying kchuh~!

Elapsed time from plan's conception to completion: 10.3 seconds

Where to, kiddo?

[X] To the park! It's a beautiful spring day!

[X] To Hokage Monument! If looking at the store from the counter was cool, the view from there has to be even better!

[X] To the city limits and beyond! Maybe when we're a nuke-ko Mom'll understand how much we hate being penned up!

[X] Write-in

edited 24th Jan '13 1:28:30 PM by FurikoMaru

 8 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 1:33:03 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
[X] To Hokage Tower! And the Mountain!

Time for a nice stroll around town.

It's kind of... weird, being out here alone. Everyone's kind of tall and scary, and the floor outdoors is really hard. Plus none of these people are looking at you; that's just wrong.

For a moment you think about going back in and playing with your babysitters, but then shake your head. Hell with that; you're finally free!

It's difficult to tell your way around at your height; from this angle, the people and the buildings are about the same size... except... ah. That one, over there. It's about a head taller at this distance from even the tallest person in the street.

Your mouth waters at the thought of how good the animal crackers on top of something that tall have to be.

You make good time getting to the Tower, although you notice with envy a few people who can avoid street traffic by hopping from rooftop to rooftop.

You're mounting the steps when- UCHIHA INTERRUPT

Fast-! is all you have time to think before you're scooped up.

"Hello, Yamanaka-chan, " the young man says calmly. His dark hair falls long and loose about his face, and there's a shiny black badge pinned to his green vest; a four pointed star with one of those two-flavoured lollies inside it.

You glare at him. Only Mom and Dad are allowed to grab you! Who's this bozo think he is? And why's he wearing candy on his chest? Candy is for eating, not for wearing! Dumbass! Eyesore! Fils de pute!

You kick and scream all the way home, but back home he takes you nonetheless. For his part he seems like he's angry right back at you. Fuck you too, man, I didn't descend on you from above and ruin your day! You can go straight to hell!

When the two of you arrive, your mother is standing in the front garden.

... ho, shit. You have got to learn how to glare like that; it's like sunlight reflecting off snow. She isn't even really frowning - the only thing about her expression that would let you know she's mad are her eyes, and as you can plainly see, the eyes are enough. The curly-haired genin is almost in tears, even. The redhead looks like he wants to throw up.

Mom's eyes go back to the way they usually are when she sees you. She drops her bags and rushes over, face awash in relief. "Ino!" The two of you hug, both happy again, she to have you back, and you to get that jerk's hands off you.

"Thank you so very much, Uchiha-kun. I apologize for any trouble she's caused. Say thank you to the nice officer, Ino."

Thank you for your badge, dickcheese. Uchiha, is it? You just made the list.

You are quite disappointed when you later discover the lolly is badge-and-paint-flavoured.

———

Timeskip time! What do you want to focus on? Pick three. Please note that you'll do all these things, you're just picking which ones I'll write about.

[X] Learning to walk.

[X] Learning to talk
  • [X] First Word?
    • Mom!
    • Dad!
    • Write-in!

[X] 'Learning' to read.

[X] Dad and mom are both pretty concerned about how quickly you're becoming mobile and messing with your environment. There won't be any more playpens, but both mom and dad each have a lesson for you to learn in exchange.
  • [X] Mom
  • [X] Dad

edited 25th Jan '13 8:31:43 PM by FurikoMaru

 9 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 1:42:09 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
[X] Dad & [X] First Word!

When Dad comes home from work that night, he and Mom don't have to say a word to one another. She looks at him, then at you, then back at him just in time to see him nod with a deep sigh.

Oooooh, I think I might be in trouble. You've been aware of the concept of 'being in trouble' for as long as you can remember, but it's never actually happened to you before. You're kind of nervous, now. Dad's said before that people who do bad stuff should be punished, but how can he punish you? You don't even know what you did!

Mom leaves to start making dinner, and Dad picks you up and sets you on his lap. He looks you dead in the eye.

"You can understand every word I say, can't you?"

You are so relieved that before you're even aware of it you're smiling from ear to ear and nodding vigourously.

You've only been alive six months, but it's been a very lonely six months. Shika-chan is the only person your age you've met who's actually interesting, and he only showed up a week ago. Other than him, your intelligent company has consisted entirely of adults, who prefer their conversational partners to be capable of speech. So unless they were tickling your toes or filling the air between you with rhetorical commentary and gibberish, they basically ignored you. The hurtful possibility that I'm in trouble is an insignificant spec of dust next to the shining golden hope and happiness of He doesn't think I'm stupid!

"I thought as much." Dad sighs, and gives you a strained smile. "You aren't the first person I've met who was like you, Ino."

You're a little confused by that; isn't Dad like you? Aren't all the adults? Well, except Uchiha of the False Candy, he sucks harder than any baby ever could.

Dad carries you over to a shelf on the wall and pulls down a leatherbound book. This in and of itself is enough to command your attention, because Dad and stories go hand in hand like rice and soy sauce. But this isn't your paperback copy of Sage Tales; this book is old.

Taking a seat with you tucked into one arm, he flips through the pages, and you see it's a book of portraits.

When he eventually finds the one he wants, he flattens the book out and points. The painting is of a green-haired man with a serious expression. There's a sharp contrast between him and the delicate blonde woman in the picture on the facing page.

"My uncle Kojirou, " Dad explains. "He married into the family; that's his wife Aunt Kaori. Best kenjutsuka I ever met, and also the craziest." He closes the book again. "He used to say it was like floating through life, like having a soft wind to carry you when you're sure you're about to fall.

"There were others, but he was the first one I met. He was almost a second father to me."

After a moment of silence, Dad continues, "So I want you to know, I don't think you're a sleeper agent. No sleeper agent would have made for Hokage Tower in broad daylight in the body of a baby, for one thing. Nor do I think you are possessed, a monster, or of unsound mind." He smiles softly. "I think you are my daughter Ino. And that you are a very particular type of prodigy."

... wait, you're totally lost. What does this have to do with you? Oh well, Dad seems to be really happy with you; maybe you aren't in trouble after all.

"And because of that, " he says, expression hardening a trifle "I want you to stop playing with seals for a while. Particularly those intended to keep you safe." He mutters under his breath, "What is it with those people and seals? Every time with the seals..."

What? What're seals? Wait, is that what the knot in the cage is called?

"The voices in your head are good for many things, Ino, but their advice is no substitute for actual training and experience." Dad looks downright stern, if you do say so yourself. "I have to wonder what they were thinking, starting you on something so dangerous so early. You were lucky you didn't die, sweetheart, incredibly lucky."

He hugs you. You'd hug back, but he's sorta squished you and you can't move your arms.

"You don't have to use a playpen anymore, " he says, and you feel a rush of victory at hearing that, "but before you have free run of the shop, I want you to promise me you won't touch or otherwise tamper with any more seals until you're older and you have a tutor." He pulls back, eyes hard on yours. "Nod your head for yes."

You nod. Ano, dad? I know how nodding works. I did it earlier, remember?

"Good." The gentle smile is back, and you share it. "You can have your spoons back at the end of the month, as long as you stop sharpening new ones. We need some of them for eating."

"Spoon, " you agree solemnly.

Mom will spend the rest of her life claiming your first word was 'Mom' (which you managed three days later) and that your father made the spoon story up as a joke.

[X] Mom

It is the happiest day of your young life when you're carried downstairs and see that the cage is completely gone.

Then it turns out they kept the high chair. -_-

Ah, well. One step at a time.

"If you wish to be in my shop without a playpen like a big girl, " Mom lectures, "you're going to learn something worthwhile."

You nod vigourously. Who wouldn't want to learn more about pretty flowers?

"Now, this is Lily of the Valley of the End. Don't touch it, you'll die. These are chinaberries. Don't eat them, you'll die. This is whitefire. Don't eat it raw, you'll die. These are wrensfoot nettles. Don't touch them, you'll die. This is Madara birch. Don't put it anywhere near your face, you will vomit until you die. This is kage's heart. You can eat it now just fine, but don't do so after the age of forty or you'll wish you hadn't. These are featherhead, gloomy nichiyobi, yashatail and stormfriend. Stormfriend and featherhead are fine for human consumption, but if mixed with the others they form a powerful poison that will mimic the effects of severe pneumonia and, in sufficient quantities, send the victim into a coma or the grave with no trace. That one takes a long time to brew, though; I should know, I invented it. Now, those flowers over there look like roses, but no sane person would ever want to mix them up; they've been bred to emit an inhalant truth serum. It works fairly well on civilians, but the real trick to them is that the fumes latch onto the victim's chakra system, so the stronger the ninja, the faster it takes effect..."

Mom slowly straightens up out of this glib, matter-of-fact tone in surprise. "Why, Ino, dear, whatever is the matter?"

...why does everything I love try to kill me? : <


Over the next year and a half you work out this whole walking thing, learn about botany, and add words to your spoken vocabulary beyond 'spoon' and 'mom'. Soon no one can get you to shut up.

Now you're a sturdy two-year-old. What shall we do today?

[X] Shika-chan's mom invited you to the park and out for barbecue with another one of his friends! Let's go let's go! grin

[X] You've read all your kids' books by now. Let's go looking for something more challenging!
  • [X] Dad's closet bookshelf.
  • [X] Mom's closet bookshelf.

[X] Write-in

edited 25th Jan '13 4:20:08 AM by FurikoMaru

 10 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 1:47:12 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
Disclaimer: Not canon-compliant, because I find it a bit odd that Shikaku and Chouza could be bros from way back and not introduce their kids to each other at some point.

[X] Barbecue with Shika-chan!

The minute you see Shikamaru, you give him a not-wave, and you're pleased to see him try not to smile in response. You'll crack that reserve yet!

The boy next to him is kind of fat, staring at the ground, and blushing for some reason. You give him a not-wave too, but he just looks slightly confused. Guess that's just a Shika thing.

"Yo~ Shika-chan!" you say, slinging an arm lazily around your friend's neck.

He shrugs you off, but doesn't look terribly annoyed. "-chan is for girls."

You shake your head, grinning. "Too troublesome to change now! We can be Shika-chan and Ino-kun!"

He grunts.

"... hi, " the chunky boy says. Huh, he actually made eye contact for a second there. Wouldn't've thought he had it in him.

"Hi!" you say. "I'm Ino! Who're you?"

"... hi?" the kid asks hesitantly.

Shikamaru rolls his eyes. "Chouji doesn't talk yet. Leave'm 'lone."

Aw, poor guy. You've gotten to the point where you can make short sentences, but you remember what it was like before. You sounded like an idiot for six months straight. Of course, to hear your mother tell it, sometimes you still do; no one's quite sure where you picked up a Fire Capital tough-guy drawl and the ore pronoun, but when she figures it out, the one responsible will be shitting his heart out through his asshole for a year.

You grab the pudgy boy's hand, and shake it. You point at yourself. "Ino!"

He gets the idea, and points at himself. "Chouji."

"Ehh?!" This guy's name is Butterfly? Goddamn it, dads, get your shit together, you switched our names by mistake, man up and admit it! "So pretty!"

Ho-lycrap, and you thought he was blushing before. Hee.

He is kinda pretty, you decide. You'll keep him. He'll go nicely with Shika, since they're already friends.

Aw, cool, Shika's mom brought practice kunai! They're like your special spoons, but you can play with them around people. You give her your sweetest 'thank you'. She always brings the best stuff.

Shika-chan appears to disagree. What a shock. If that guy were any more sedentary he'd be dead.

"Shika, you are not getting any barbecue until you at least go for a walk!"

You're not sure why Shikamaru's always so pissed at his mom. It's not like she ever asks him to do anything he can't do.

... okay, you'll admit it's a little cruel to bribe a guy's best friend to swipe his stuff and then run away with it to make sure he gets some exercise. But it was for a good cause, and she smiled at you! It's not evil if you get paid in smiles!

Still. This evening is not gonna be fun if it breaks down into round 100 of Smiling Angel vs Pouting Pineapple. You 'accidentally miss' your next shot; your kunai goes flying past the target and into the forest beyond.

"Aw!" You sic the good-girl eyes on Shika, your signal for I've Got Your Back, Man. "Help me look, Shika-chan?"

Either he's playing along a little too well or he doesn't get that that's the signal. "Go by yourself."

"NARA SHIKAMARU!"

Ah~ there's something so comforting about people who can reach that volume and really mean it. Never fails to put a song in your heart.

Shika is of course already off and running; you grab Chouji's hand with a grin. "Let's go!" And the two of you head off after him.

After about five minutes, you realize that you may in fact be completely lost.

Well, fuck.

Chouji's starting to look scared again.

"Hey, don't worry, " you say automatically, "you're safe with me." ^_^

It's then that the great big cat steps silently out from the undergrowth.

——— Happy Early Valentine's Day, guys. Now what?

[X] KITTY! ://3

[X] ... yo.

[X] ... mraonya?*

edited 24th Jan '13 1:47:26 PM by FurikoMaru

 11 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 1:53:18 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
It's always kitty time. ; 3

[X] ... mraonya?*

"What did you just call me, twolegs?" the cat snaps.

You blink.

The cat blinks.

Then, in stereo,

"You talk?!"

Chouji goes bug-eyed.

"Of course I talk!" you declare indignantly. "I'm a girl."

"And what business has a girl to speak to me in such a manner?" the cat demands. It looks you up and down. "Your colouration is Persian; are you of the Shir clan, then?"

"Ara... No... Yamanaka..." you reply awkwardly. You try not to let on how much squeeing is happening in your head; big fluffy kitty is big! And fluff!

"Yamanaka...? No, girl, " it sighs impatiently, "the other side of your family."

"... Takazono?" you offer blankly.

The cat stares.

O.o "... you're human?"

"Of course!" you scoff.

"Yet... you speak Nyango."

"What's Nyango?"

The cat massages its face with a paw. "It is no matter. I must nonetheless take my leave now - my mission for the day is nearly complete."

You perk up. Missions are something you understand. Dad went on one two months ago and didn't come back for a whole week. "Ninjakitty?"

The cat bristles. "I am no mere kitty! You have the honour of addressing Juusandaime Tora, Head of the Tora Clan of Exiled Cats!"

Ah! That explains it. A clan head. They never like to be treated casually. You bow with perhaps slightly more theatricality than is warranted, and elbow Chouji to do the same.

"My apologies, Tora-sama, " you say; you've heard mom use the words before and you like to think you sound just as gracious as she does when you say them. "Had I known..."

Tora flicks his (you think it's a boy-cat) tail. "Would that other young humans were as well-mannered..." he murmurs.

It suddenly occurs to you that you still don't know your way out of the woods.

"Ne, Tora! D'you know a way out of here?" :3

"You're not well-mannered at all!" ;__;

"Sorry! We just need to get back to Shika-chan's mom before sunset. There's a barbecue we're supposed to be setting up for-"

"Did you say barbecue?"

"Yeah! Wanna come?"

"I have reevaluated my mission parameters, " Tora says immediately. "As long as I return to the Hokage's office by 19:15, all will be well. You will accompany me in this endeavour, in exchange for sniffing out the barbecue for you." He lays on his stomach. "We will move faster if you sit astride me. Come now, boy, mount up!"

The sudden order shakes Chouji out of his slack-jawed reverie, and at your urging he clambers onto Tora. You swing yourself on in front of him, and immediately become aware of two things.

1) Tora has a lot more chakra than any cat you've ever petted in your life, and

2) HOLY SHIT HE'S FAST : D THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME

The forest blurs into green and brown; trees turn from obstacles to afterthoughts to non-thoughts. You dip and bob and undulate down every conceivable path, as though you and Tora have become a mighty river of girl and cat, unbound.

You are vaguely aware that Chouji's nose is digging into your back as he clings on for dear life, but you cannot quite bring yourself to care. Nor can you honestly say you care about the stupid-looking big kid with the shocked expression you just tore past, or either of his little cronies. They're all after you now, of course; which as far as you're concerned, is exactly where they belong. After. >:3 Blazing the trail is best left to professionals.

This is heaven.

This is your favourite thing.

This is the world transformed.

As you leap back into the park and clear the first and then the second of the picnic tables, you see Shika-chan and his mother come into view, along with another lady who's probably Chouji's mom.

Shikamaru's mother has just enough time to ask half of a question before Tora comes to a pirouetted-stop right in front of her.

Chouji jumps down immediately, looking slightly ill.

You hug Tora and laugh and wish you never have to let go... but then the Nara Angel peels you off with her momkra.

The genin team, panting and wheezing, collapses a few feet behind you. One of the boys stares at Tora, like a gambler at a dealer, and asks, "... how?"'

You smile serenely. "We promised him barbecue."

=

The Hokage's office is nice. Panoramic view-nice.

The Hokage is nice. Grandpa nice

The Hokage's Hat?

The Hokage's Hat is totally ace.

The moment he lets his guard down, come hell or high jounin, you're taking it. There is no argument about this.

The Fire Daimyo's wife is, uh... interesting.

"OHMYPOORTORORA are you okay woogin? You gon be all right pretty kitty, yes~! yes~!"

You're beginning to understand why Tora didn't wanna be called a kitty.

The Fire Lady beams down at you, and winks. "Thank you so much for saving my babby, sweetling."

You tell her she's very welcome, staring at her many wonderful rings. There's one on every finger of both hands and her left thumb, and all the stones, including the ones in the Konohagakure-symbol one, are genuine.

Your palms itch.

As you exit the office, you catch a final glimpse of the Hokage and the Fire Lady shaking hands... and passing notes.

———

So~ You guys have four years til you start at the Academy (sorry, you're the only child of the Clan Head who was busting seals before she was one; you can't make a civie run). Which two would you like to do first?

[X] Sounds like you have a talent for the Cat language. Maybe you should practice with the neighbourhood cats? You might even see Tora again!

[X] Now that you can walk, let's see if we can't up the stakes a little bit. (Wall-Walking/Tree-Walking)

[X] This is an unacceptable amount of loot. Ten ryo and a piece of candy that doesn't taste like candy? Weak! You need to fix this, and you need to fix this now. [Write In]

[X] Dad mentioned the whole 'voices in your head' thing again recently. When you expressed confusion, he suggested taking more naps. (Memory Unlock dependent on other action selection)

[X] Write In

edited 24th Jan '13 1:54:51 PM by FurikoMaru

 12 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 2:11:07 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
[X] Sounds like you have a talent for the Cat language. Maybe you should practice with the neighbourhood cats? You might even see Tora again!

[X] Dad mentioned the whole 'voices in your head' thing again recently. When you expressed confusion, he suggested taking more naps. (Memory Unlock dependent on other action selection)

Ugh. What is it with everyone and naps? All this stuff to do in the day and they wanna spend part of it asleep?

You, personally, have never taken one (as such you're kinda short for a two-year-old; your mother and her doctor friends are a bit concerned). You weren't too excited about the idea before, and now you're friends with Shika-chan you downright resent the custom. He regularly conks out and leaves you all alone in the waking world with nothing to do except read the same kids' books over and over.

Fine! Fine. Shika's a smart guy, if he gets something out of this whole sleeping-when-you-don't-need-to thing, maybe there's something to it.

It takes forever for you to finally wind down and get comfy on the couch. But when you do...

~~~~~

"I'm just sayin', Goemon, if you're gonna keep following us around, learning to speak something other than Japanese might be a good idea."

surprised Holy shit it's a foreigner! Like, a visibly-foreign guy! And he speaks Gyogo! Your mind = blown. At least Tora is a Fire Country cat - it makes sense, in a way, that if he were going to speak, it'd be in the Elemental Language.

The foreigner doesn't look anything like that big ethnic group from Kumo you saw in that Child's Geography of the Elemental Countries, the only really-foreign-looking people you're aware of, but he's just as different. His skin isn't quite darker than yours, but... it has a different quality to it; it's like if there's a 'normal' list of skin shades and your shade is on it, his is in the next list over of 'nonstandard' shades in the same relative spot you occupy. That's the only way you could explain it if asked.

His nose sticks out from his face and comes to a point, and he has a scraggly beard that also comes to a point. You're really curious to know what his eyes look like, but they're hidden under the brim of his hat. It's not as nice as the Hokage's - no hat is nicer than The Hat - but it's neat-looking; really seems to suit him. It matches the rest of his clothes, which are also pretty strange; the collars on his shirt and jacket are both sort of folded over on themselves in weird triangular shapes, and you're not sure what's up with the white strip of cloth he's got sort of knotted around his neck. Your sensor abilities aren't very refined, but for some reason he feels like a friend. Oddly for an adult, he has about as much chakra as a kid. A control-type, you guess - there's nothing civilian about that combat-ready casualness.

The man he's talking to, Goemon, you suppose, is... wow. He's really handsome, that's what he is. Pale and composed, with refined, aristocratic features and long dark hair, he reminds you a little bit of those creamy-eyed people you've seen around town. He certainly has that same slight frown, but his eyes are more like Shika-chan's. Besides, something about the face shape is wrong; it's too long for him to be one of them.

He feels... antagonistic, but... well-disposed? You don't know, it's like he's still coming to a decision about it, he's a confusing guy. He doesn't seem to be wearing a hitai-ate, but he has a sword, and his chakra reserves are a little above average for an adult. It's like his body is humming inside your head. You kinda like it; it's comforting.

"I speak English, " he says, irked.

The two of them are sitting on either side of a low table between two sofas. The foreigner sighs, and rests his feet on the table (so rude! your mother'd kill 'im), leaning back against the cushions. "Knowing how to say 'prepare yourself' and 'die' does not constitute fluency. And another thing, " he adds, pointing across the table (your mother would resurrect his corpse to kill him again!), "you've got to start eating more types of food. Once you get further than fifty miles from the ocean it's not sushi anymore. You're gonna get food poisoning."

"Or worse, " says a third guy, entering from the next room, "you could always starve to death. What're you gonna do if we go to Bombay? Come to think of it, " he interrupts himself with a quirk of an eyebrow, "what did you do when you followed us to Nairobi? They don't even have ramen stands in Nairobi."

"I fished, " Goemon says. The other two look incredulous.

You like the third guy. You don't even have to think about it. He just gives off a friendly vibe, y'know? Like he's not just a friend of yours, but a friend of everyone. His chakra reserves...

... okay, not doing that again, you think, feeling slightly queasy. You've had you ups and downs with your sensing, but that's never happened before. You can't get a sense of how much or how little he has, or what the yin to yang ratio is, or anything. You can tell he has chakra, like everything does, but when you focus on listening, it's like loud static on a radio, with stations creeping in on either side, and a single, high note, suspended above it indefinitely.

Never before has chakra been so irritating.

Is it a kekkei genkai or something?

He doesn't look quite foreign, exactly (though there's something about his nose that is, and his jacket is cut like the other man's) but you can tell you won't be seeing anyone else like him in the Elemental Countries. He's not as overpoweringly attractive as Goemon, but you really like his eyes; they look warm.

"As expected of an Iga-nin, " he says, his laughter rolling through the words as he pats Goemon on the shoulder (Igakure? The Village Hidden In The... Well? Is there a Well Hidden Village? [You feel a sudden urge to laugh and have no idea why]). "You should've ambushed us at the restaurant; we could've ordered you something better'n campfire fish."

Goemon swats the man's hand away. "You should not concern yourself with my eating habits, Lupin Sansei. I am the one who will take your life. That is all."

Hey, it's like one of Dad's stories.

"Oh, don't give me that!" the guy groans. "You've been travelling with us off and on for a year and a half! When are you gonna go home? It's gonna be New Year's next week, don't your stupid elders miss you yet?"

"I made a sacred vow not to return until my task is complete, " Goemon replies, resolute.

You're torn between thinking that this guy is basically the coolest dude you've ever seen, and wondering what the hell kind of assassination mission involves telling the target you're going to kill him.

"All right, genius, if it's so important to you that I die, why is it that the last five times we've met, it's been a case of you saving my ass?"

Well that answers that question: the kind where you don't wanna do it. It makes sense now; you feel like Goemon's both an ally and an enemy because he is.

"I cannot permit you to die by a hand other than mine, " the man insists.

The foreigner in the hat is grinning, but you don't think Goemon's noticed yet. You join in; that line appears word for word in Ninja Princess Kurogiku when she confesses her love to Shinpei.

Suddenly this whole situation looks a lot clearer.

"Mou, this is such a gloomy topic, and it's all your fault for changing the subject!" The man in the red jacket puts on a look of annoyance, but it's mostly for show. "We're going to Rome for New Year's. If you haven't figured out how to eat spaghetti and say Excuse me, Hello, Goodbye, Where's The Bathroom and Hey There Cutie in Italian by then, we're leaving you behind."

"Hmph." Goemon draws his sword. "The language of the blade is universal."

You gasp.

That sword.

That sword.

It's perfect.

You don't have to look twice, it's perfect. The mokumegane, the edge, the way it catches the light, the way it sits in his hand.

You think of your special spoons, and suddenly, you are ashamed of them.

The language of the blade...

~~~~~

"...no? Ino, what's the matter, why won't you wake up?!" Your mother is shaking you, frantic. You pull away and open your eyes.

"Are you all right?" she asks.

You nod. Silly Mom. You don't know why she's freaking out. You actually feel really good! Is this why Shika-chan likes naps so much?

Your father is looking at you from the chair where he goes over his paperwork. He smiles. "Any news?"

"The sword..." you say, but stop. How are you supposed to describe that?

"Figures, " he mutters, shaking his head, and he goes back to work.

=

The next few weeks are spent trying to talk to cats.

The operative word being try. Turns out most cats in your neighbourhood won't talk to humans even when they try to speak cat; they just stare for a minute and then run away. If you catch them, the best you'll get is a scratch for your trouble. One cat did actually say "Let go!", but then you let go in surprise and she took off faster than before.

Then one day you get lucky.

You're back at the park reading while Shikamaru stares up at the sky (honestly, doesn't he know it's way better when the stars are out?), when a flash of fur darts through your peripheral vision. Looking over, you see two white kittens play-wrestling at the edge of the forest.

Grinning, you check to make sure Shika's distracted (he thinks it's mean of you to keep bothering animals that clearly wish to be left alone), and then creep over to the balls of fluff. All this cat-chasing has made you really sneaky, so you can get close without them seeing or smelling. You stay back about three and a half feet, though; for cats that's polite.

<"Hello, "> you say, one of the few words you definitely know.

The two kittens are immediately on their feet, and they look surprised. Maybe even scared.

<"What you?"> the one with the black mask-markings and paws asks. You think. You don't have a lot to go on, between your comprehension issues and him being nearly as young as you are, cat-wise.

<"Person!"> you reply. You learned early on that saying 'human', specifically, netted you kind of a mixed bag of reactions, mostly built around the theme of "Prove it. Feed me."

The two kittens seem to decide you're okay by them, because they relax a bit. The all-white one even comes a little closer. Ooh, look at those eyes! They're like grass in the rain.

<"What person?"> he asks. Oh. Hell, how are you supposed to say your name in Nyango?

<"Nnnyo, "> you try.

The masked one narrows his eyes in the cat version of laughter. Great, apparently now even the cat knows you're named Piggy. Unless Nnnyo means something even worse.

All-White stretches out a paw and pets your lips. You don't move, trying not to squee. Finally he seems satisfied, and he darts back over to Mask. His brother, you guess.

<"Late!"> he says, and, looking back at you, the two of them run off into the forest.

Following close behind, you eventually come to a clearing between two large maple trees, and are unable to keep a small " kyaaaaa~ " from escaping you.

It is full of kittens.

Better yet, it's full of kittens sitting at attention, with wooden swords held in their tails. You didn't think cat tails even bent like that.

Oh, gods, and they've got little sheaths on their backs! grin

They're focused on two cats on the far side of the clearing, also holding swords. One is white and sleek, like the two brothers, with a black splotch on his right side shaped like the kanji for 'evening'. The other is an auburn ball of fluff.

<"Late!"> the fluffball snarls, before noticing you. <"Who?!">

<"Person!"> All-White says. <"Nnnyo!">

Oh, crap, why are they all looking at you now? You're trying to be polite, really you are, but thirty kittens just looked right at you and tilted their heads to the side! WHY SO CU~TE?!

"How did you come to meet my brothers?" the white cat asks, sheathing his sword and approaching.

Uh oh. Why are you suddenly reminded of Mom? There's nothing overtly threatening about the way he's moving, but you still get the sense you'd better answer fast. In haste, you blurt out:

"I was reading in the park and I saw them wrestling on the way here so I went over and tried to talk to them because they're cute and Tora said I could speak Nyango and I thought if I followed them I could meet more cats and I did and you're all so cute~!"

The white cat stops, apparently surprised.

<"I knew it! Human!> Food!" demands All-White triumphantly. You sigh. Here we go again.

<"Food?"> the white cat asks calmly, and all of a sudden All-White doesn't seem to be too interested in you.

Damn. That's impressive.

"I apologize on their behalf, " he continues, "they haven't met a Speaker of the Tongue before."

"That's okay, " you say sheepishly, "I'm not really a speaker."

"On the contrary, " the cat replies. "You mentioned tono-sama, but He has mentioned you. Ino, 5th of her name, of the Yamanaka, are you not?"

You blink. "Ano, I'm Ino, but... I don't know how many Inos there are."

He nods. "We have been told to expect your coming. You are welcome to observe the lesson." He bows. "In my own tongue I am Rrnyan; humans call me Yuji. My brothers are in your tongue Shirotama and... Menka, " he finishes, apparently embarrassed.

"It's Kamen reversed!" Menka says helpfully.

"Clever, " you comment politely. He rubs his face against your leg in glee.

You thank Yuji-sensei and grab a seat on a fallen log.

The lesson is brief. Synchronized drilling for a minute and a half, followed by ten minutes of paired matches determined by and critiqued by the teachers, followed by a free-for-all for another five minutes, followed by the students bowing and dispersing. A few stay behind, including you. There's something you want to ask Yuji-sensei...

———

[X] I earnestly desire to learn the language of the blade. Who would you recommend I seek as a teacher?

[X] I earnestly desire to further my studies in Nyango. Who would you recommend I seek as a teacher?

[X] What, in your opinion, is the most perfect sword in the world?

———

So as you may have guessed, I'm kind of blending all the Lupin canon into one big thing for this quest; Lupin isn't the slightly cruel manga version, but Goemon was still assigned to kill him and keep his filthy mitts off the Iga-ryu teaching scroll/Zantetsuken formula.

As for Jigen being a foreigner, my headcanon strikes again. To me, he's always gonna be a dude from Brooklyn named Jigen Daisuke... who looks exactly like his Italian-American mom, plus a beard.

edited 26th Jan '13 4:05:59 PM by FurikoMaru

 13 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 2:23:48 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
[X] I earnestly desire to further my studies in Nyango. Who would you recommend I seek as a teacher?

Yuji-sensei cocks his head to one side. "To what end, may I ask? Do you seek the Cat Summon Contract?"

You blink. "You have to sign a contract to be friends with cats?" You didn't know that. No wonder all the neighbourhood cats ran away from you.

The cat sniffs curiously. "Well... not as such. The contract merely states that all signatories may call the Cats of Nekomata's Fortress to their aid in battle."

"Battle?" you ask in disbelief.

His ears twitch. "Do not judge the Fortress-born by those you see in the lands of humans, Ino-dono; we are but a fraction of their size and power. They are the Elite among cats."

You shake your head. "So people only call them when they want to fight? That's crazy. They don't... I don't know... ask them what being a cat is like? Read cat stories? Hang out?"

"There have only ever been seven signatories, really, " Yuji says, approximating a shrug. "All ninja. In my admittedly limited experience, most Fortress-born and humans have precious few things in common, besides a love of food and battle."

"And they're fine with knowing some person can just tell them to drop what they're doing and come help fight?"

You don't know what a cat would be doing, exactly, but presumably they have lives and stuff.

"Not in the least, " Yuji replies. "But there are benefits to holding a contract with humans. Aside from the obvious opportunity to fight new and interesting opponents and taste their flesh, making oneself available to a Summoner ties one's life force to the contract. Unless the contract is destroyed, the original animals who drew up the agreement will retain their youth forever, never to die from disease or age, falling only in battle. Even their offspring will live many times the length of a normal life."

Wow. That's a pretty massive benefit.

"Well, I don't know about signing this contract, " you say. "I'll have to think about it. But if I learn Nyango, can't I just ask you guys for help when I need it?"

Yuji blinks. "Well... that is... I suppose it could be worked out, on a cat-by-cat basis, yes. Most would expect payment, but I don't suppose it would be anything extravagant for a human.

"You are an interesting child, Ino-dono, " he says after a pause, and leaps onto your shoulder. "I have decided. If your elder sibling approves, I and my brothers will be your teachers. In exchange for lessons you will feed and house us. When the lessons are complete or you expel us from your home the agreement will be considered fulfilled. <Come!>" he adds to Shirotama and Menka, who've been wrestling in the clearing all this time. They disengage reluctantly, but seem very amused to see their brother riding around on you.

Yuji's lighter than you would've expected of a cat his size. "Ano, I don't have any siblings..."

A soft tail tickles your face. "Ah, I forgot, the human manner of things. Very well, take us to your birth-givers."

Mom is apparently quite a cat person (who knew?), so thankfully there's no trouble on that front. Dad just stares thoughtfully at Yuji for a moment before making you promise not to talk with him where anyone can see you, in Nyango or Gyogo.

"You're the heir to the Yamanaka, not the Uchiha. Our secrets stay secret."

You begin to agree, but freeze. "The Uchiha... are a clan?" When your father nods, you wail, "There's more than one of those guys?!"

Chouji is fascinated by the kittens, and spends a lot of time chasing them around. Shikamaru just looks at you the first time he sees your new houseguests, as if to say, "Is this what you've come to?" But other than that he seems cool with the situation. Yuji likes to sit on him, and Shika-chan likes to let him.

Your lessons progress rapidly; you find that Nyango is a snap to pronounce, but the grammar is a total pain to keep straight. Menka and Shirotama talk with you at breakfast every day to practice, and Yuji holds your lessons about an hour before bed every night.

The first time you hear Menka call Yuji his 'mraonya', you descend into a fit of giggles and refuse to tell anyone why.


Now that you've had ample time to reflect on your dream, what did you learn from it? [X] Write In!

And what do you want to do for the next few weeks to months? Pick three.

[X] Ask Yuji-sensei for more details about the Cat Summoning Contract and Summoning Contracts in general.
  • [X] Which details?

[X] It's sad that you've gotten your most detailed readings off people in a dream. Spend some time developing your sensor abilities.

[X] Take a stroll... to the ceiling.

[X] Your dad said you couldn't be seen talking to cats. He never said you couldn't talk to cats, period. Let's make more friends!

[X] Whyyyyy are you so poor~? Let's go get some cool stuff!

[X] That's it, if you read one more kiddy book you're gonna start turning your brain to mush. Time to seek out more difficult material.
  • [X] Nonfiction reference: recent world history
  • [X] Nonfiction reference: Mom's botany texts
  • [X] Nonfition reference: Mom's herbal medicine/poison texts
  • [X] Nonfiction reference: an up-to-date Bingo Book
  • [X] Fiction: a collection of classic poetry
  • [X] Fiction: a novel about a gutsy shinobi
  • [X] Write In?

Funny thing about the Summoning Contract issue; no one has stopped to consider whether having any of them is really Lupin's style.

In this edition, you'll notice I made a slight change to the immortality clause. It now only applies to the original animals who made the contract; their children and other later additions still age, just much more slowly. This doesn't solve every problem, of course, but I think it's a start.

edited 26th Jan '13 4:12:04 PM by FurikoMaru

 14 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 2:32:21 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
[X] It's sad that you've gotten your most detailed readings off people in a dream. Spend some time developing your sensor abilities.

You ask Dad about how to improve on this front. He's pleased you're showing an interest in your natural talents as the Yamanaka heiress instead of falling for the lures of the sword, and even takes an afternoon off work to teach you the basics of chakra harmonics.

Your range still sucks, but Dad says what's most important in sensing is clarity. You have years to expand your range, but you need to learn the fundamentals of interpretation while you're young, or you'll never get them.

[X] Take a stroll... to the ceiling.

You're out shopping for Shikamaru's birthday with mom when you see them.

A genin team, taking turns running up a tree and falling on their asses.

"Nice, Ban, you almost got it that time!"

No he didn't, you think, frowning. This seems stupid even by genin standards. From the looks of things, all three of them are just running straight up the trunk. You think it'd make more sense to run up the wall of the shop right next to the tree, jump backward, and twist yourself around to grab for a branch. It'd almost certainly be faster than whatever crazy bullheaded method they're using.

You'd go over and test out this theory, but mom has been watching you watch them.

"We still have to wrap the gift, sweetheart, " she murmurs before you've put even one toe off the path home.

Momkra is such bullshithax. -_-

When Shikamaru's gift is all wrapped (you got him a sleeping mask shaped like a hitai-ate), you retreat to the back garden to think some more about what you saw earlier. Winding your way down the garden path, you eventually come to what you're looking for; the back wall, and the big willow tree next to it. They aren't as close together as the wall and tree with the kids was, but you aren't too worried. The principle is the same.

Fifteen minutes and a repeatedly-stubbed toe later, you wonder if you shouldn't just leave this for another day. Those kids were twice your height, after all. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean they can't.

... you snarl.

Brain, if that's your idea of making me feel better, I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Invigourated by a sudden rush of frustrated anger, you launch yourself at the wall at top speed, kick off with your good foot, and...

... hook your fingers around the lowest branch.

cool Aww, yeah! Getting a better grip, you swing a leg up onto the branch and, panting from the effort of lifting yourself, enjoy a well-deserved view. Hey, you can see into your bedroom from here!

"Ino? How'd you get up there?!"

Looking down, you see Menka and Shirotama emerge from behind a bush at the turn in the path.

"Are you stuck?" Menka asks. <"Do we need to get your mom?"> 'Tama adds.

"Nah, " you say breezily. And it's true. You just don't know how to get down yet.

Any concerns they might have had disappear in a flash. That's something you like about the Shiroi Brothers, they don't worry about you. "Well, come to dinner, you're missing it!"

Getting down, it turns out, requires some impressive shimmying that leaves your clothes covered in dirt and strips of bark and a bit of moss. Mom is well and truly appalled to have you in the kitchen in that state, and sends you off to change before you can eat.

When Dad asks what you did with your day, you proudly tell him of your accomplishment, beating those genin at their own game. He laughs, and says they weren't trying to get up the tree just to get up it; they were practicing using chakra to climb. He explains that while what you were doing was using chakra to push off from the ground and then the wall, the genin were channelling their chakra into the tree to bind it to their feet.

You, meanwhile, are kicking yourself for not putting two and two together. If chakra can be used to make a magic knot, why shouldn't it be used to make magic glue?

After dinner you go upstairs, resolved to figure out this new skill. You don't care if it takes you all night; you will prove yourself the superior of those ditzy little third-rate childcare providers.

... well that was anticlimactic, you think thirty seconds later, looking over your shoulder at your bedroom floor.

You walk up and down the wall a couple of times, just for the fun of it.

You do a little dance.

You stand on one foot and dangle the other one over Menka's head. He bats at it, and you giggle.

You walk all the way up and stand on the ceiling, shading your eyes from the light shining about a foot away.

I knew it couldn't be too hard. Those guys were just

~~~~~

She's falling.

Without a moment's hesitation you launch yourself after her, reaching, swimming through the very air.

This is not the first time you have done this, and it will not be the last.

You will reach her, because you must. You will shield her, because she cannot shield herself.

For these rare few seconds in an often selfish life, you do not spare a single thought for yourself. There is no you.

There is just the girl who will die without a miracle.

Someone calling himself Lupin III can't go around letting people fall!

~~~~~

You roll over and stare up at the ceiling, panting. That was... you don't even know what that was.

The sword has nothing on this.

I caught her. A rush of victory floods your body and spills out your mouth in a relieved laugh.

You are not some dumbass genin. You were smart enough to try this exercise right over your bed, like a sensible person. As you lie there, reflecting on what you've just been through, Yuji-sensei leaps up beside you, and licks your hair out of your face.

"My congratulations on your success, Ino-dono, but I would request that you be mindful of your limits in future. Frequent bouts of chakra exhaustion are injurious to the long-term development of the mind."

You nod. He nestles into the crook of your arm, and you pet him idly. You both understand this is not a time for words.

<"That was awesome! You even landed properly! It takes humans forever to learn that! Ne, you should come back to sword practice, I hear it's good for human chakra development-">

Menka, unfortunately, does not. Luckily 'Tama whaps him in the head before he kills the mood completely.

—-—————

Lootsnip and options are coming up soon, I promise.

edited 10th Feb '13 10:17:05 PM by FurikoMaru

 15 Furiko Maru, Thu, 24th Jan '13 2:39:54 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
And now we're finally caught up. Anyone reading this, this post you can actually vote on.


[X] Whyyyyyy are you so poor~? Let’s go get some cool stuff!

I want that.

You think this thought every single day.

You think it when your mom sells a particularly beautiful potted orchid; you think it at the library until you find you can’t carry any more books without falling over; you think it when you eat lunch in the park and see another kid with something tastier; you think it at night when the moonlight pours into your bedroom through the window. It is such a normal, routine part of your thought process that you barely notice the feeling’s existence.

Well. Save for rare occasions.

“Nabiki-sama, please!”

Except for the Fire Daimyo’s Wife’s rings, the hairpin is much nicer than any jewellery you’ve seen in Konoha before. It’s made of white gold and shaped like a leaping wolf, with a single, perfect garnet serving as its eye. You think of Ninja Princess Kurogiku, of her garnet-adorned crown, and of the incantation that charges its henge. Crimson rarer than diamonds and darker than blood, take this maiden under your guidance and grant her victory! Blossom Release: Blade Over Heart!

“Don’t whine, Jiro; you’re here to serve Nabiki, which means you’ll do as Nabiki says!”

You’re snoozing on a treebranch at the park, drifting in and out of sleep (Shikamaru was initially surprised at your sudden change in policy on naps, but seems to have decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth), when you see it. It’s pinned into the hair of an older girl; the hair is mint green, and the girl is about ten. You can’t get a good look at her face, as she’s standing beneath you.

She doesn’t notice you, however; her attention is entirely focused on the boy in front of her. He’s closer to her age than yours, but he’s still a head shorter than her. He looks very worried, and doesn’t see you either.

A girl of good family and her retainer, your mind fills you in automatically upon taking in their clothes. You notice that little habit about as often as you consciously notice wanting things.

“But Nabiki-sama, if we’re caught, your father will be so mad at us!”

Nabiki sniffs. “Papa will be happy that Nabiki made money off those rude ninja girls. They weren’t so tough, after all.”

“But they weren’t even kunoichi!” Jiro wails. “Shinobi wear forehead protectors, my lady, those were just ordinary girls-”

Nabiki’s best comeback is a slap in the face. “Don’t contradict Nabiki! This is a ninja village. Besides, ” she adds haughtily, “if they weren’t ninja, why did they agree to fight Nabiki?”

“You didn’t give them a chance to say no- OW!”

“Stupid Jiro! Papa is taking Nabiki shopping tomorrow, and if he finds out she spent all her pocket money already he’ll scold Nabiki and won’t let her leave the hotel! Now let’s find another girl and we’ll be all done.”

As amusing as this drama no doubt is, it’s time for you to make a decision.

[X] A woman with her priorities so far out of whack doesn’t deserve to wear such a fine work of art. Yoink!

[X] Hey, she can’t hit him just ‘cause he works for her! That’s mean. Let’s distract her – by taking the hairpin!

[X] Wait a bit and follow her at a distance. If she attacks someone else and gets distracted, then take the hairpin.

[X] Kick her ass and take the hairpin! See how she likes it.


Rouga Nabiki is a character archetype I’ve been thinking about ever since the merchant route finally lost in Pink Blossom Quest. Obviously she’s named for the infamous Miss Tendo, but her personality is modeled after Martina from Slayers Next and Sudo Mizuki from Tokimeki Memorial: Girls’ Side. I think she’d make a good foil for Big Sis Sakura – a warning that a focus on material goods can set you free from the constraints of shinobi- or samurai-hood, but in turn it can make you think you ought to have no constraints at all.

Ooooooof. So glad to be doing this again. smile Welcome, Spacebattlers; try not to antagonize the tropers. Tropers, likewise; no badmouthing the Spacebattles mods for locking the original thread. I am uninterested in making this whole affair dramatic when it fundamentally came about because I wasn't clear enough when expressing myself. As a writer, I have no excuse, and I apologize to whoever may have been disturbed by what I appeared to be implying.

edited 25th Jan '13 3:10:31 PM by FurikoMaru

So, it started!

[] She can't hit him.
Anything you say can, and eventually will, be used against you.
[X] A woman with her priorities so far out of whack doesn’t deserve to wear such a fine work of art. Yoink!

Superhero
[X] Wait a bit and follow her at a distance. If she attacks someone else and gets distracted, then take the hairpin. Lets be sneaky!

edited 25th Jan '13 3:39:48 PM by luckybreak91

TV Tropes Powers. Activate!!!!!
[X] Wait a bit and follow her at a distance. If she attacks someone else and gets distracted, then take the hairpin. Lets be sneaky!

French Wanderer
[X] A woman with her priorities so far out of whack doesn’t deserve to wear such a fine work of art. Yoink!
Bunny Ears Developer
The Tasty Faced
[X] Wait a bit and follow her at a distance. If she attacks someone else and gets distracted, then take the hairpin. Lets be sneaky!
I tend to either have pure genius or pure idiocy, the line between the two is surprisingly fine
 22 Furiko Maru, Sun, 27th Jan '13 1:29:08 AM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
[X] Wait a bit and follow her at a distance. If she attacks someone else and gets distracted, then take the hairpin is in the lead, but given the fact that many people have to wait a full day to post, I think I'll leave voting open until tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone know if anyone else is definitely waiting on their account being approved?

edited 27th Jan '13 1:29:50 AM by FurikoMaru

[X] A woman with her priorities so far out of whack doesn’t deserve to wear such a fine work of art. Yoink!
 
[X]Wait a bit and follow her at a distance. If she attacks someone else then take the hairpin.

 25 Furiko Maru, Sun, 27th Jan '13 2:44:14 PM from The Arrogant Wasteland Get RP Mod Relationship Status: He makes me feel like I have a heart
Reverse the Curse
Well, I've waited about as long as I can stand. Vote's closed, tiem for writings! grin
Total posts: 414
1
 2  3  4  5  6 ... 17


TV Tropes by TV Tropes Foundation, LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org.
Privacy Policy