From where do you get your games?:
- Gamestop: Good selection and convenient, though some used game prices are borderline extortion or otherwise terrible deals. This is where most of my "Day 1" games wind up coming from.
- Amazon: Consistently beats B&M prices in non-sale seasons, the retailer to beat for new product selection. Is the reason why I have Radiant Historia in my backlog. Unfortunately, I kinda prefer paying in cash, so... Yeah. Doesn't always fit me well.
- I have the good fortune to go to school a block away from one of these. Their prices are kinda volatile on the sliding scale of "good deal" to "lol wut", but their stock (when they actually have anything) is almost always in good condition, and the good deals are REALLY good. Stopped selling Gamecube and OG Xbox games in the aforementioned store earlier this year, which made me sadface. But hey, at least they had them on shelves longer than GS!
- JJGames: Got Panzer Dragoon Orta this way. And thanks to pretty much every B&M pulling Gamecube and OG Xbox games off the shelves, will probably hit them up again sometime in the next 2 months. Prices generally trend on the higher side, but there's some stuff here that you simply can't get otherwise without skulking Craigslist or the like, and they're pretty detailed about the condition of the game that you're buying from them.
- YesAsia: Got a copy of Tales of Hearts (CG Movie Edition, sadly) from them. Haven't used them since because import games rarely fall into the realm of "priced for less than an arm and a leg".
- Best Buy: KIU for $15? Yes, please.
- Rasputin Music: Quite frankly, I hate this shop. Horrible atmosphere and selection is downright pitiful in size, and usually underbid either by GS or CEX above. That said, if you get lucky, you can occasionally find something really good here. I owe my PS3 copy of Portal 2 (with working Steam Code!) to this dive.
- Convenience Stores: Surprisingly enough, this is usually where I wind up getting PSN cards instead of GS.
edited 20th Nov '12 12:58:28 AM by TracerBullet
You need to Get Known to get one of those.