edited 17th Apr '13 9:16:10 PM by Callistomajor
edited 20th Dec '13 3:45:41 PM by BestOf
Into the web I descend
Killing those I've left behind
I have been Endarkened
- Name: Nagi "Izanagi-Sama" Sonohaki
- Age: 28
- Personality: Nagi at first seems like a simple, cowardly man that, despite being tall and strong, has the personality of a doormat, especially to other members of La Résistance. His own girlfriend says he's kind of boring, but extremely nice. When the magic started to show, more and more, Nagi simply ran with her. So, why are we focusing on this sad sap? Because deep down, he is a writhing mass of issues. His father is descended from an infamous foreign mercenary, and there is a recurring insanity in the family. Both his twin sisters are crazy as all get go. Nagi himself runs because he knows if he's pressed to fight, he'll rip his foes to pieces and fall in love with inflicting unimaginable carnage on his enemies. And he doesn't want to endanger his girlfriend with this, knowing that if he goes berserk for too long and in too great intensity, its likely he won't come back the same man. He's also an Anti-Nihilist, believing that the new world has no inherent worth, and its intolerable and chaotic...therefore, he will make some worth with a group of friends, build a world outside the control of the Six Warlords, and live happily with his girlfriend.
- Abilities: With his magical lineage, he possesses incredible strength (he needs to be careful with car doors. There is also a memorable incident of him stopping a huge truck with his bare hands), and incredible resilience (taking a full 1200 rounds from a machine gun). This is not getting into his Spell Core; it is a rather more technical one called Future Grasping Hand, which lets him make magical trip wire and set spells to these trip wires, one each.
- Weaknesses: His ability is next to useless without prep time, because for a minute or so, the trip wires are very visible. He is also very prone to over-stressing his muscles, and after a fight, he's usually barely able to move.
- Goals: Lead "Final Remnant" to victory over the Six Warlords, the six oppressive dictators that divided Japan between themselves after the Masquerade basically shattered into a million pieces in Japan. That, and keep himself sane, and keep his girlfriend safe.
- Motivation: He utterly rejects the idea that, with his Ax-Crazy side, he's doomed to turn evil. And he wants to show that after catastrophe and collapse, that its not impossible to rebuild society.
- Role in the story: The Hero of the interquels.
- Backstory: Nagi grew up in a really, really, really bad home. His father was violently insane, and beat his wife, and Nagi's older twin sisters. His mother took it all, out of a belief that it was "required" of her by society. Eventually, she died of her wounds. Nagi's dad was committed to a mental hospital, and his twin sisters succumbed to insanity. There's also the fact he's had several "almost" snaps. There was a time when he saw six guys beating up his girlfriend (its inferred their intentions were even worse than just a beating), and almost beat the thugs to death with his bare hands. So, yeah, his past sucks almost as much as Matthew's does. However, after going steady with his girlfriend, he decided to reject the idea of going insane. That is when society collapsed, the Masquerade in Japan far too taxed by powerful forces. Nagi gathered together a group of friends and allies, and swore with them to rebuild their society and government, and take down the Six Warlords currently fighting amongst themselves to take control.
- Relevant Tropes:
- All Men Are Perverts: His girlfriend notes that his usage of the internet in the late afternoons was tremendous. All of it was free internet porn.
- Ax-Crazy: Unfortunately, he is very unstable and prone to violence and the love of it. Best exemplified in this line:
- "I honestly wanted to kill them all. I wanted to crush their heads, eviscerate their bodies, soak my hands in their blood, and traverse a ground littered with their innards."
- Badass: Looks like a simple pencil pusher, is actually incredibly built under the suits, ties and official work outfits. And there's his ability to basically fight whole groups of enemies at once, and take truly obscene amounts of punishment.
- Berserk Button: Don't make disparaging comments about people who have no control of their craziness. And do not, do not, do not, do not hurt his girlfriend. You have no idea how much you'll be hurting. He'll blow up your army, cut off all four of your limbs, castrate you, empty your supplies of food and money, and then throw you out into the midst of an utterly empty field.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Yeah, that goofy, spacey looking office nerd Nagi, that would really rather run than fight personally? He's not a guy you want to fuck with. He can take and give a lot of damage.
- Dark is Not Evil: Wears a black button up shirt, black suit, and generally seems dark...until you get to know him. Then he's a big goofball. Unless you piss him off.
- The Dreaded: His side knows him as a slightly cowardly, but very smart and funny dude who is his girlfriend's whipping boy. His enemies? They know him as the crazy bastard that blows up armies with explosives, has a homicidal side barely kept in check, and is capable of unimaginable violence, combined with the above Berserk Button incident when one of the Warlords cut out his girlfriend's eye and sent it to him. He stands up to whole gangs, machine gun fire only annoys him, and he's punched a truck once, and diverted its course.
- Good Is Not Soft: Yeah, he's very nice and sociable, never rejects people who honestly want to join his group, and even forgives one of the Warlords when he honestly wants repentance. However, he doesn't let this get in the way of doing what's necessary.
- Heroic Build: He doesn't show it much, in that he's shy about fanservicey poses and looks. But under his shirt, he's got incredible tone going.
- La Résistance: Final Remnant, a resistance unit devoted to bringing back civilization in Japan, and defeating the Warlords.
- Mad Bomber: Uses bombs a lot. He certainly fits the "Mad" part, at least some of the time. He mainly uses them because in the new world, foes expect a sudden attack with a powerful spell, not a bomb under their feet, tied to one of his Trip Wires.
- Made of Iron: More like diamond, but the point is made. He can take a lot of hurt, and actually prefers this to getting into a fight.
- Nightmare Fuel: To the forces of the Warlord. He is called "The Madman of Kyoto", by everyone but Final Remnant.
- The Red Baron: Madman of Kyoto, Scar-Red Demon, and by his own side, "Izanagi-Sama".
- Slasher Smile: Once you get him going, he'll grin and begin ripping you to shreds.
edited 18th Apr '13 6:09:04 PM by Masterofchaos
edited 21st Apr '13 12:31:55 AM by TairaMai
Part 1: the shipName: ESS Victory Age: Built 5 years before the series takes place Personality: Cool Ship on the outside, Dysfunction Junction on the inside, but she's got it where it counts. Abilities: It's a warship, a Pintsized Powerhouse, The Battlestar only smaller than a capital ship. Weaknesses:
- What a Piece of Junk / Awesome, but Impractical: Victory's main problem is that the class was intended to be the Jack-of-All-Trades, a multi-role ship capable of serving multiple needs and multiple missions, but ends up being a Master of None. The ESS Bernard Law Montgomery was “shrunk” down to make the Victory-class. They are supposed to be a bridge between a cruiser and a capital ship. Many detractors say Victory has the all flaws and none of the armor.
- Too small for her engines, they nearly shook the ship apart at full power.
- Glass Cannon: the main gun take up a lot of space in her bow, armor was removed to make way.
- Lacks a proper autoloader due to the weapons and artificial gravity. The weapons took up space and the gravity system takes the power needed for an autoloader. The guns are“manually assisted” instead, that means crew have to move the ammo by hand to the guns.
- Not enough room for heavy bombers/frigates, she has the smaller fighter/destroyers and scout fighters instead. Naval analysts think that this leaves the ship vulnerable without an escort.
- The ship's sensors can be blinded by the exhaust plume of the engines. Her “baffels” are a huge blind spot at full power. The ship's sensors are powerful but again, armor was skimped on so that Victory has sensors twice the size of ships in her weight class.
- The troop compliment is several times the size of a cruiser, again armor was “deleted” to save weight.
- The compromise was to add more point-defense, however these systems are also manualy loaded.
- The Captain: the first one is Capt. Harmon Ross, he gets sent back to Earth and the next Captain is Eugene Joseph Burke
- Lethal Joke Character: the ships and it's crew are the but of many jokes, of course they will turn things around.
- Cool Starship: Victory is a nice ship and has it's charm, it's not stuck escorting convoys or guarding a remote starbase. She's smaller than a cruiser, but can fight like one. Carries a battalion of ground troops and a decent fighter compliment. But she's not without flaws...
- Standard Human Spaceship / Our Weapons Will Be Boxy in the Future: looks like a large long box, unless Capital ships are next to it.
- Wave Motion Gun: the main guns load various munitions, from anti-matter rounds, nukes to probes or can act as a wave guide for an energy weapon powered by the main engine.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: lots of guns for a ship it's size
- Standard Sci-Fi Fleet: Between Cruiser and Capital Ship.
- Space Plane: the fighters and dropships are atmosphere capable.
- Point Defenseless: played with, the ship has point-defense, the fighters can act as a screen, but the Cay Union and Southern Cross can take down bigger ships and have counter-measures.
- Macross Missile Massacre: the missile bays,
- Misguided Missile: happens more often than the fighter pilots would like when those engines are on
- Recursive Ammo and Beam Spam: cluster missiles and “torpedoes” and the main gun.
- Multi-Directional Barrage: except the rear, darn those engines!
- We Will Use Manual Labor in the Future: the guns are manually loaded with an “assist” from a conveyor system. Sometimes it's loaded a crew member instead of the round selected.
- We Will Use Lasers in the Future: there are lasers and projectile weapons side by side.
- Worf Barrage: raiders run from the ship because their weapons are stopped by the Victory's point-defense, but Victory's weapons are not powerful enough against the cruiser-sized Cay-Southern Cross ships.
- Icall It Vera: the ship's nickname is “Vicky”
- Plot-Driven Breakdown: yep, it's gonna happen with those engines.
- The Alleged Starship: Gets this from the other EDF ships in the JSA, the Southern Cross, the Cay and even the Colonial Defense Force, the Butt Monkey/ Red Shirt Army of the EDF.
Part 2: the ship's living computerThe Spaceship Girl:Chief Data Systems Technician Eliza Rai Strauss ZY-730 Age: 45 years old, the Bio-Androids created for the United Earth Government have a 200 year life-cycle so she's very young. Personality: The Perky Goth, the chick, spaceship girl, she's the CPU of the ESS Victory. Abilities: EMP: if it gets past the ship's armor, she's screwed Blessed with Suck/ Cursed with Awesome: plugged into the Victory, she is the heart of the ship, running all shipwide functions. And I Must Scream: this happens when the ship's sensors are damaged or when there are bad system failures. The Chick: as the heart of the crew she cares for them, but her efforts to mediate crew squabbles and balance out the tempers of the crew can fall on deaf ears since she's the ship's computer. Goals/Motivation: She runs the ship. She wants to become the best ship in the fleet and complete her mission. No one gets left behind. Role in the story: she delivers the sensor and ship related Techno Babble, she's Gwen DiMarco, only she IS the computer. She is a friend to Mae Craft AE-359, they were classmates at the Academy. She's tied to the ship but she gets her own tropes because she's a character in her own right. Backstory: The child of Master Chief Richard Strauss XT-923 and Major Gloria Whateley ZX-715. She was “born” at the RRDC labs on Mars. Her line-siblings work in combat engineering, naval construction and a few are CPUs. Her “uncle” Master Chief Zachary Whateley ZX-710 is the CPU of the ESS Essex. At the Academy she passed the pilot's exam and the screening to be selected as the CPU of the ESS Invincible. The ship was damaged and needed a new computer. She was with the ship for years, until it was decommissioned. Eliza was at the Office of Naval Research, helping them develop new systems. Her work landed her the job as the CPU of the new Victory-class. She got the lead ship, Victory. However the design compromises and rush to get the ship launched on schedule led the ship to have many teething problems. She's named after the song “Eliza Lee”, the r in “Rai” is five letters off of “Mai”, Gloria was in the 5th Battalion, 55th Infantry Regiment, the “Triple Nickel” with COL Mai Craft TA-347 when they were just Troopers. Eliza's unaware of this. Eliza's Relevant Tropes:
- Awesomeness by Analysis: from the ships sensors
- All Women Are Prudes: averted, she can see into every nook and cranny in the ship, she's doesn't care what the crew does on their personal time as long as it doesn't affect the ship.
- Power Perversion Potential: that she can scan the ship and it's crew does worry them, she swears up and down that what happens in the crew quarters doesn't interest her....
- Beware the Nice Ones: she'll do anything for her crew, see also mama bear
- Catch Phrase: “Processing”, “I'm detecting an energy surge..”, “Bogeys detected on an approach vector.”
- Hot-Blooded with a Tranquil Fury/ Unstoppable Rage when the ship is in danger.
- Attack Pattern Alpha: makes these happen, claims to be able to pull a Wronski Feint with a several ton warship...
- Fan of the Past: she has unlimted access to the ship's library so she watches old 'vids.
- Changing pop culture, lingusitc drift, and her bio-android nature leads to Blunt Metaphors Trauma at times.
- Perky Goth: she's fond of "goth"/"metal" bands of past eras, Hell Is That Noise is the reaction from the crew.
- The Nose Art on the ships fighters is heavy on skulls and crossbones as a result.
- The Nicknamer: Calls Mae Craft “Blue”, Commander Sima “The Great Stantina” and the ships strikeforce her “passengers”, the crew is her “hive” or “worker bees”. The Strikeforce commander Lieutenant Colonel Frederic Smith is "Colonel Storytime" She calls Trooper First Class EV-1021 Rebecca Song “Bandit”, Chief Engineer Casey Morgan Stelarc DX-1000 is "Goldie".
- Animal Motifs/ Animal Metaphor: insects, her line looks like a giant “preying mantis” she's really a mantis shrimp. She goes for insect metaphors and puns.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: was a series of vibrant colors (blue being most prominent) but after becoming a ship's CPU she's very pale.
- Badass Bookworm: comes with being the ship's computer
- Berserk Button: late repairs, jokes about her condition (other than from Mae), hackers, people who hate bio-andriods and calling the ship the “Icky Vicky”. Remember, she controls the doors...
- Icall It Vera / Moe Anthropomorphism: the ship's nickname is “Vicky” and she'll answer to it, she asks Mae to change her polycron shell into the ship's colors of blue and white. Overtime most bio-androids identify with the ships they are plugged into. Eliza comes to think of the ship as her "body", the crew treats her as the ship.
- I'll Pretend I Didn't Hear That: does this as a favor to most of the crew
- Sherlock Scan: does this to the ships in sensor range and can do this to anyone on board.
- Strange Girl who works the The Big Board with the Enemy-Detecting Radar
- Sensor Suspense: she hates this, she chitters when nervous
- Team Pet: to the bridge crew, even Commander Sima.
- Techno Babble: she spouts this, interprets this
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: at girly girl end of the scale unless the discussion turns to technobabble then she's the tom boy.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: to Chief Engineer Casey Morgan Stelarc DX-1000
edited 22nd Apr '13 10:55:06 AM by TairaMai
Into the web I descend
Killing those I've left behind
I have been Endarkened
Into the web I descend
Killing those I've left behind
I have been Endarkened
edited 25th Apr '13 2:41:41 PM by BrotherMycroft
edited 27th Apr '13 4:05:31 PM by Misuki
Into the web I descend
Killing those I've left behind
I have been Endarkened
edited 27th Apr '13 7:21:17 PM by Misuki
- Name: Police Senior Inspector Mark Chen
- Age: 29
- Personality: Although a kind, smart and brave man willing to put his life on the line to help someone, Mark refuses to let most of his family/friends get the better of him since he was always being criticized for joining the Philippine National Police instead of being a businessman. He also refuses to see corrupt officials, especially those in law enforcement, do whatever they want since they are betraying the public trust and are oppressing those who are helpless. As such, Mark will do everything in his power to have them apprehended, even if it means going against his superiors. He does not hesitate to help his family/friends if they are in trouble, even though most of them question Mark's decision to be involved with the police. He tends to be a deadpan snarker if someone talks ill of him, the unit or his family/friends.
- Abilities: Thanks to his education at the Philippine National Police Academy, P S/Insp. Mark Chen is familiar with Philippine criminal law, as well as the inner working of the PNP. Due to his posting in the Special Action Force, he is also familiar with small arms, guerrilla warfare, CQC/martial arts and commando tactics. He also has experience leading SAF teams during his time with the unit, leading to his leadership skills. Mark also drives vehicles such as sedans, vans and motorcycles.
- Weaknesses: Since he is fully human with no prosthetic parts in him, Mark has no chance to fight individuals who have cyborg parts in their bodies and survive unless he uses firearms/weapons that have strong armor piercing properties. In addition, he tends to let feelings get the better of him if anything personal gets in his way such as family or friends in trouble with the bad guys when innocent people are in trouble. In addition, Mark is prone to get mad when someone personally insult him, which leads to fistfights. This problem came up when he was bullied back in grade school all the way to college. Although for both instances, Mark is trying to control his temper. He is also constantly reminded not to do anything that would cost him or his comrades their lives even though he denies it. His CO tend to disagree.
- To ensure everyone in the Philippines is safe from criminals/terrorists in a post-cyberpunk environment.
- Live another way of life away from his business-minded family.
- Lead the National Counter-Terrorism Action Group's new elite anti-crime/terrorist unit team to the best of his leadership abilities.
- Motivation: He agrees to lead the NCTAG's elite anti-crime/terrorist unit to get revenge on True Anonymous, the hacker terrorist group responsible for killing most of his subordinates in a SAF raid. Later on, he stays with the unit as a way of having another direction in life away from his siblings since all of them are involved in his late father's business empire.
- Role in the story: Mark is the main protagonist of the story as the new leader of the NCTAG's elite anti-crime/terrorist unit in a post-cyberpunk Philippines despite having a few years of leadership experience after the previous one was killed in the line of duty. Redeem himself for the disastrous SAF raid to arrest members of True Anonymous.
- Backstory: Mark Chen is the youngest son with two older sisters and two older brothers. His father is a known businessman who controls a conglomerate ranging from shipping to retail, fast food and vehicle dealerships. However, Mark disappeared after he graduated from college in the United States, baffling most of his family/friends to where he went to. He later resurfaced as a commissioned officer with the rank of Police Inspector. Because he was the first Chinese-Filipino to be a PNP officer with the rank of P Insp., he became the darling of the PNP in the organization's attempts to recruit Filipinos of various ethnic origins to join the police service. He joined up with the Special Action Force, the PNP's elite anti-crime/terrorist unit before he was promoted to P S/Insp., as well as leading a section of the SAF's 1st Battalion. A SAF-led raid to arrest members of True Anonymous for criminal/terrorist activities in Philippine soil turned to a disaster when SAF teams were ambushed by small arms fire and hackers messing with their electronic equipment, including comms. Leading to accusations from the media and certain high-ranking PNP officials that he was one of the few to be blamed for the failed raid, Mark got angry and fired back at his accusers before he tendered his resignation from the unit. Later on, someone from the NCTAG offered him a chance to lead the organization's new elite anti-crime/terrorist after its previous leader died in the line of duty. After assuming the post with much hesitation, the unit became involved in its assignment to apprehend members of TA after a series of incidents were attributed to them.
- Relevant Tropes: (At least some that immediately apply to him)
- Cool Car: Drives with a 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 with five-speed automatic transmission in Pitch Black finish or a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS with a Summer White finish when on duty. Off duty, Mark uses a 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 with a Granite Crystal finish.
- Combat Pragmatist: Considering that he and his fellow agents are human, they need to be this against cyberized bad guys.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Tends to be this whenever someone is in trouble.
- Deadpan Snarker: One way for Mark to channel his anger away from trouble with his superiors.
- Berserk Button / Hair-Trigger Temper: Insult him or his family/friends and you're in trouble. Especially when he decides on the beating option.
- It's Personal: After being one of the few surviving SAF operators in the botched raid, leading to his quest to take down TA.
- Whenever Mark finds out that the bad guys are targeting family/close friends.
- When he assumed the post of being the new leader of the NCTAG's unit.
- Omniglot: Mark speaks fluent English, Tagalog, Fookien and some Mandarin.
- Rare Guns: Mark uses a Pindad PS-01 assault pistol with 5.56x21mm AP ammunition as his personal sidearm to deal with armored criminals/terrorists, especially those with military/black market-made prosthetics. It had been phased out by Pindad due to a lack of interest, but recently started production again due to the need of weapons that can deal with cyberized bad guys. This was bought with funds provided by the NCTAG. This is in comparison to the other agents/officers mostly armed with Glock 17s converted to fire Belgian-made 7.92x24mm AP ammo.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Haunted by the disastrous botched raid from time to time.
- The Captain / You Are in Command Now: Mark is this after being the next leader of the NCTAG's unit with a few years of leadership experience.
- Weak, but Skilled: Fully human, but that doesn't stop Mark from trying to even the odds against him.
- Theme song:
edited 8th May '13 10:32:52 AM by Ominae
- Name: (None finalized as of now, I’ll just refer to her as ‘Ann’)
- Age: 21
- Personality: Independent, doesn’t feel very comfortable staying in one place for very long. Is often friendly towards others, not afraid to speak her mind, but is wary of sharing her emotions and other deep thoughts with others. Isn’t afraid of hard work (even manual labor) or taking orders, as long as they come from someone that she believes is worthy of her respect. She believes that respect needs to be earned. Can appear to be extremely confident, but, deep down, this isn’t entirely true. Is very loyal to her friends and does not forget grudges easily.
- Abilities: She has the ability to read in a setting where there isn’t widespread education. She is a mage (not very unusual in her setting) She has also been trained by a former soldier, making her a quite adept warrior.
- Weaknesses: Can act very recklessly (which can occasionally put others in danger, even though that is the opposite of what she’s trying to do) and doesn’t think much of putting herself in harm’s way. She still has much to learn about fighting
- Goals: To help bring down the Evil Empire and get revenge on her brother. In addition to keeping her loved ones safe.
- Motivation: Shares a good deal of resentment against her brother who pulled a Face–Heel Turn. This is essentially the a major reason why her support isn’t just simply ‘I’ll go out of my way to help my people,” but is in fact(to put it bluntly):“Fuck this, I’m doing this myself.”
- Role in the story: A POV character, has a couple subplots dedicated to her Character Arc. Her perspective is used to deliver information to the reader about some aspects of the Evil Empire.
- Backstory: Was raised by parents who fought constantly, her older brother (6 years her senior) took advantage of this by taking sides in arguments, which allowed him to receive material gifts and affection from his parents. Her neutrality led to her brother becoming the favorite child and her often fading into the background. She looked up to her brother a great deal for the entirety of her childhood. After a major attack by the Evil Empire, her brother ran away to join the 'dark side' when she was 15, causing her family to believe he had died.
- Her parents still regarded her as The Unfavorite which led her to run away from home when she was 17. Along the course of her traveling, she saw her brother for the first time since he had left. She was pleasantly surprised, as she had believed he had died and did not know that he had joined the Evil Empire.They discussed their current accommodations, he offered to allow her to join him as he believed she could be a valuable asset to their cause. She accepted the offer initially, but quickly realized what side he had pledged allegiance to and became disgusted with him. He still left the offer open, but she hurriedly left and traveled aimlessly through the wilderness for a while.
- At one point she received shelter from a young, former soldier with PTSD (let’s call him ‘Blake’). Once she learned of his former service, she demanded he teach her to fight. She learned a great deal, and in the course of both training and sharing of close experiences, they became close friends and have been since then. Very few of the major militaries of the 'Good Side' would take the prospect of her in combat seriously (mostly due to her inexperience and some sexism of the setting) so she was forced to become the servant of the wealthy, 'Muggle' family of another main character to raise money to send back home to 'the cause' (this is where the story begins)
- Action Girl: Knows her way around in a fight and isn’t afraid of getting dirty in the process
- Aloof Big Brother: Had one of these. It didn’t end well.
- Submissive Badass: is a Badass, but isn't the best leader(mostly due to inexperience and recklessness) so she doesn't have the highest rank on the good guy's team
- Beserker Button: Threatening/hurting anyone she cares about (this even goes towards herself), mentioning her brother, she has a couple...
- Break the Cutie: in her backstory
- Cain And Able: her relationship with her brother
- Celebate Hero: although there are some minor Ship Teases with her and other characters,she never pursues any romantic relationships through the course of the story.
- Character Alignment: Somewhere between Neutral Good and Chaotic Good
- Cynicism Catalyst: realizing that the brother that both she and her family idolized was a huge asshole and that the admiration was completely unearned was a HUGE one.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Hot-Blooded: a downplayed example. She is very passionate and determined and perfectly willing to throw herself into what she does, but does have her moments of tranquility.
- Good Is Not Soft: One learns quickly not to hit any of her Berserker Buttons
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: a mild case. She usually isn't outright cocky or overconfident about her abilities, but can be quite bold and does harbor insecurity about herself deep down
- It's Personal: A big motivator for her zeal in fighting against the Evil Empire
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: the masculine half of her (platonic) relationship with Blake
- Platonic Life Partner: develops this kind of relationship with Blake
- Sarcastic Devotee: Ends up in a couple positions where she’s forced to take orders from people she dislikes a great deal , she follows their orders, but that doesn’t stop her from being a Deadpan Snarker about it
- Undying Loyalty
edited 5th May '13 9:27:22 AM by TheMuse
edited 5th May '13 7:24:29 PM by TairaMai
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: loves all of her crew, even when she's pushing them
- White-Dwarf Starlet: military version of this trope, many see her as a pushy glory hound and unfit for flag rank, putting her as the XO of a troubled ship and sending her to the JSA, see Won the War, Lost the Peace
- Surrounded by Idiots: she knows that she's pushing the crew, but that's because she wants them to succeed unlike her mentor Captain Thomas Emil
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Girl : Was this when she was a fighter pilot, then again as a Commander of a frigate, she's the distaff counterpart to “the Great Santini” without the family (unless you consider the crew of the ship her family).
- Green-Eyed Monster: wants to be a Captain, anyone who looks like they could challenging her for the command chair brings out the envy and jealousy.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist : wants the ship to succeed and is willing to push the crew to get it because she loves the UEG.
- A Mother to the Crew: she will develop into the Team Mom but first she has to get over herself.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: she keeps a professional distance from her crew but frets over them in private, remembers birthdays
- Reassigned to Antarctica : After the last Cay Union war, the JSA was a hot assignment, now in the “era of peace” it's the hinterlands. The EDF's main line of defense (and the plum assignments) are the colonies in Earth space along the border with the Cay Union, not the neutral zone. Sima resents that the Victory is an albatross around her neck.
- Former Desk Jockey: worked security and garrison command on several space stations before she became Victory's XO. She has friends in High Places, just none that could get her a command.
- You, Get Me Coffee: what she asks of the infantry bio-androids assigned to guard the bridge
- Pet the Dog : in this case Trooper First Class Rebecca Song, Sima's taken a liking to the cheery bio-android.
- The Mentor: will mentor any officer or crew member working with her, bio-androids are no exception
- Even the Girls Want Her: her academy days
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: had an “affair” with a martissan pilot, but cultural differences and deployments killed the relationship.
- FantasticRacism: how Mae and Dr. Harkon see it, subverted, she doesn't hate bio-androids or martissans, she hates Dr. Harkon personally and is jealous of Mae's fame.
- Dismissing a Compliment: believes that no one would find an officer stuck out in the boonies to be desirable, leads to Heroic Self-Deprecation
- Les Yay / Tsundere : With the bio-andriods Mae and her sister Averil
- The voice of sanity/By-the-Book Officer: for the crew, Averil outright calls her this and praises her for it leading to...
- Luminescent Blush/Think Unsexy Thoughts/ Running Gag : when Lt Cmdr Averil Craft takes over Victory's fighter squadron, mostly because Averil is holding a position above her grade, just like Sima did at that rank...
- Lipstick Lesbian : when she lets her guard down, she's tried to start a relationship, but she brings the stress of command with her after duty hours, she claims that she hasn't found the right woman.
- High-Speed Missile Dodge/ Improbable Aiming Skills: She's an ace pilot who still has skills in the cockpit.
edited 8th May '13 3:10:38 PM by TairaMai
- Name: Khaos / Leon Delkaye
- Age: Seven Thousand Six Hundred and Nine. Looks twenty one.
- Personality: When you hear the words "High King of Darkness" and "the Lord of Darkness That Is", you probably picture a typical Demon Lord or such. You probably didn't see him as a rather conflicted young man who is astoundingly nice, considerate and has some tendencies towards teasing people. Yes, Khaos, despite his occupation as one of the Eight Demon Lords, never quite lost his humanity. He does act extremely serious and stoic when he's expected to look dignified and powerful, but that's so his fellow Lords do not see him as weak. When he's sure nobody's looking, he smiles, jokes around, and teases people. All the same, he has a big issue in that Zeufonis, the Lord of Light and one of the chief Light Gods, kidnapped his love interest, Belliana. Ever since that happened, Khaos has led the Dark Gods in a Forever War, but in contrast to most of them, he really, really hates this idea, and is utterly ashamed of his weakness that led to this war. He apologizes a lot, mostly because he has a guilty complex that leads him to blaming himself for things he really had no control over. Despite ruling the Dark Gods, he cannot do this very effectively, because they're all older than him and vastly more machiavellian. While Khaos is a capable tactician, he despises the "ends justify the means" idea. "If a mean is repulsive, the end will end up becoming just as repulsive and disgusting as the mean". He has a bizarre attitude toward people who worship him; he is embarrassed that "people would worship an unworthy, weak, and foolish man like me", and he's ashamed that his war has made him neglect his followers. He prefers to let his followers solve their own problems through their will...and by "filling them with strength". He believes that true personality development and real strength come from working through problems with your friends and family, and never giving up, no matter what the odds are. "If I grant miracles to people just for standing around all day praying to me, what kind of message will that send?"
- Abilities: While the story that features him as the hero sees his power drastically reduced (having a God as a protagonist would make conflict too short), he's still a very accomplished user of True Darkness, which fits the mold of The Sacred Darkness, being a protecting, cleansing power, mostly used to counterattack foes and make deflecting shields, or even sword beams. He demonstrates some incredible strength and speed, and is very impressive at counterattacks. A Master Swordsman with more than a few thousand years of experience.
- Weaknesses: Bound as he is in the physical shell of a young man who had been reduced to a perhaps permanent coma during a battle, while his power has decreased by a measure, he is extremely vulnerable now to physical injury. Not to mention that all Spells Of Loyalty that compel his servants to serve him exclusively are now broken. This meant that the likes of Silmarill and Mirach don't have to serve him. While most of his Geigs stay loyal, some break out and decide to help the secret conspiring "ally" Vicelogia. Not to mention that he has a lot of enemies, including religious fundamentalists who think he's Satan.
- Goals: Stop Aleina from attaining the Branch of Concordance. She would spread its Curse of Death over the planet, not only gaining a powerful weapon, but also murdering 98.9 percent of the world's population. Note that "regain my Godly powers" is not mentioned here.
- Motivation: He failed once, in being unable to protect Belliana. He will not fail to protect people he's sworn to protect again. And he feels personally responsible for Aleina's existence, viewing her someone very close to him, and that her depravity is directly caused by his inattentive nature.
- Role in the story: The Hero of New Dawn: Dark Days 364
- Backstory: How Khaos became a Demon Lord is that in the olden days, the Gods of Light and the Gods of Darkness fought together against the tyrannical Old Gods, and sealed them away, possibly forever. However, this peace was not to last, due to the conflicting personality types in the groups. They split, officially, into two groups, but were not called "of Light" or "of Darkness" just yet. That comes later. Khaos met Belliana, a beautiful Elven woman, in those old days, and the two were almost an instant match. Belliana's good heart and intelligence let her rein in Khaos' more hair brained ideas, while she felt truly joyful in the presence of Khaos' smile, happiness, and romantic nature. Right as Khaos was getting ready to bring her to his Citadel and Castle Lea Miris, Zeufonis killed eight of his Geigs and kidnapped Belliana. A furious Khaos demanded an explanation, but none was given. Zeufonis was protected by his fellow Lords of the Light, due to his role in slaying the Old Gods. Feeling that their sense of honor had robbed him of his loved one, Vicelogia, the one called The Knowledge of Death, advised Khaos to revolt and declare war on the Gods of Light, and reclaim the woman he loved. Rather than try further to present his case, in his moment of weakness, he agreed and almost murdered Zeufonis. This act of war divided the Gods, and both sides sank into trenches, and began a war that would rage on from ancient days until the modern times, unbeknownst to the Earth around them as they created the Masquerade to protect Earth from their fighting. Khaos would, however, be wounded badly by treachery on his own side, stabbed multiple times in the back and forced into the body of a boy struck into a coma during a fight between a cult's fanatical members and a family trying to leave it behind. Khaos' power, while drastically reduced, was sufficient to repel the cult. It was then that he met Shuuji and some of Matthew's group, who decided to help the Dark God stop Aleina, a dangerous being that split off of Alina, and who began spreading destruction, chaos and malice across the land simply for her own amusement.
- Relevant Tropes:
- A God Am I: A complete aversion. He doesn't consider his role to make him superior or able to get away with whatever he wants, and actively detests people who think like that. "Its just a mantle...no matter what, you can't dodge the consequences of your own actions. Nobody can".
- Berserk Button: Do not, and I repeat, do not, beat women in Khaos' presence. He will bury you. And also, do not speak lightly about consequences or say that you are above them.
- And do not - do not - Call a Human a "Meatbag".
- Bishōnen: His true form is an incredibly pretty young man, called "androgynously handsome" a lot, and to complement it, he even gets perpetual molt, even though he has energy wings.
- Closet Geek: He named Silmarill for the Silmarillion, and in general is a big fan of Tolkien and an even bigger Star Wars nerd. When his love interest denies watching him sleep, he says she should search her heart and she knows its true. She nods, blushing.
- Sadly, though, his knowledge of modern culture and such stops past the 1960's and 70's and maybe early 80's. He was astounded and confused to know Lucas made 3 more Star Wars movies.
- Dark is Not Evil: He's the God of Darkness. He makes no attempt to dodge what this says about him "I was given the job of God of Darkness. I am the lord above such things as Silmarill, Mirach, and Shudal. People do horrible, horrible things in service to darkness and evil. But...all I'd ask, is that you trust me enough to see that I'm not the people who use me as an excuse!"
- Divine Date: Shina, the girl he saved, asks him out on a date. She expected him to take her to a faraway old castle on a mountain. She got to go to a five star restaurant with the God of Darkness.
- Expecting Someone Taller, Darker and Eviller: When Leon's family heard him say that he was Khaos, and he showed them what his true state looked like, his older sister says she always expected the King of the Evil Gods "to look, you know, like a great big demon, of titanic proportions, and wielding a pike of some sort, or a scythe." Khaos' reaction was to tell her that's what his lieutenant looks like.
- The Gadfly: Enjoys teasing people and poking fun, though in a good natured manner. Pretended to be a typical Evil God, and then said he was only kidding.
- God of Evil: Subversion. He believes darkness can be used to protect, shield and hide, and ease people to sleep. And scare criminals straight.
- Idiot Hero: Not that dumb, but he's incredibly unaware of the modern world. As in, he crushes a smart phone in his hand trying to use it.
- Scare 'Em Straight: He actually horrifies a group of wannabe, hollywood type satanists out of sacrificing a young girl. Largely by showing them what he'd do to them. Hint, Geigs are scary, scary things.
- Servile Snarker: He has one in Zandal, who pokes holes in his worse ideas, lampshades tropes with abandon, and functions as Khaos' Heterosexual Life Partner.
- Walking Tech Bane: If he touches something like a computer, a phone, or a tv remote, it usually becomes broken.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: An subversion of the common image. Despite his menacing looks, he's a complete goofball when he's not seen by his worshipers.
- With Friends Like These...: He considers the likes of Silmarill, Shudal, and Mirach his friends. The first is a complete and total prick who sees his liege lord as a naive fool who he has to manipulate to "make Lord Khaos more worthy", and while loyal initially, he takes his opportunity for freedom. Shudal is just a crazy asshole who would like nothing more than to bathe the Earth in blood, and its outright stated that when Khaos made Shudal "the mind suffered a critical malfunction." And Mirach is Dragon with an Agenda to Aleina herself, and in general is not a nice guy by any means. Note that all of these tried to kill him, but when Khaos got his power back, he forgave Silmarill.
edited 8th May '13 5:57:47 PM by NickTheSwing