Overall like them for a foundation and all working with. I have a particular soft spot for such characters anyway, so it’s easier to get a thumb up with it for me. I’d probably enjoy following them, though on side of “BRILLIANT” when it comes to tactics, I really will have to see that one in action and warn to be careful with that. It falls into having to show us then, which means that you yourself have to be that brilliant when it comes to backing that up. Keep that in mind since those who are more studied in such subjects may call you out on mistakes, unless you do the research. If you do intend to do the research though, I do have some suggested reading as it's one of my absolute favorite subjects to study and I've studied multiple books on subject.
If there is one thing I can suggest, it’s to expand more on who they are beyond that. Mainly because characters like that are plenty around. Even one I’m about to share has plenty of things in common. Now, you shouldn’t see that as entirely bad thing or good. On the positive side, I feel you do have a design for a real person there. I can name people like that and even reference actual personality psychology related to that. I also know that people are more than just the traits & attributes, which I think you need to expand into. Make her more of an individual. Right now I feel like character has a good surface and foundation, but I’m not confident if I could discern them from others who are like that. They pretty much needs to become more an individual. If it’s already there, then my apologies, you just didn’t present that side of the puzzle above too much aside from their relationship. I'd be all the willing to hear more though if you're willing to share it, including with their character relations. After all, I do still like what you have and think you’re on a good path!
Time for me to do own thing. Ironically, own character has similarities to the above one, which again goes to my personal love of the archetype. Hopefully it feels like own character though.
19 –> 20 (majority of main storyline, varies in other stories & flashbacks)
High profile extrovert, outwardly confident once decided for sure on things though can be internally self-critical at times, brazen, curious, has an aggressive which keeps under control with kindness, competitive, a bit theatrical (enjoys putting on a show), imaginative, career-oriented & ambitious, devoted & dependable, pragmatic & practical, not all the flirty type. Overall a Choleric-Melancholic, can point to other things she falls into as a whole in various personality systems.
Cassidy is the granddaughter to a legendary strategist who served as advisor to their country's emperor as well as the daughter of the founders of a Mega Corp.
known as Cain International. This alone has always added pressure on her to be a success, which she wants big time. Criticisms from some people since she was young alone about her being undeserving brat alongside meeting with people who were that that didn't help matters. Thus, she resolved to prove herself the exact opposite. Her time became devoted to training as much as possible, with various stories during said time.
Around 13 one of her mentors was assassinated and crime went unsolved, which still bothers her to the present. Still, at the time she felt powerless and couldn't do anything but rely on others, which she hates doing. She hates thought of this happening to anybody else, which is one of her drives to help others who are powerless. Around 16 her family's main HQ became a victim of arson, which killed multiple people. She was again hit by this feeling, especially since criminal responsible went untouched. Said mastermind sending a letter to her family which taunted them for failing to live up to their reputation of wisdom & intelligence only pissed her off more. At this point she created vigilante phantom thief persona for getting revenge and giving other's a taste of their own medicine on the side when she can. Her core objective though is to destroy Big Bad and every single person related to them. Anybody along the way she feels is a Karma Houdini
she's perfectly fine dealing with too, so long as she feels she has a reason to.
Plenty more here, just covering the basic essentials.
- Social Expertise: Cassidy is schooled in & studies topics ranging from social psychology to philosophy in hopes of better understanding, predicting, and influencing people. She is a social scientist who believes that an understanding of people is one of the greatest assets one can have alongside interesting. Although she has yet to master the craft, her curiosity & proficiency are undeniable. She takes the time to understand and get into the minds of anybody around her she feels she needs to, enemies included, to understand who they are, why they act that way, etc. She’s also comfortable in front of the cameras & confident in situations which requires tons of eyes on her, being energized by it more than anything else most of the time.
- Strategic & Tactical Specialist: Being the granddaughter of a master strategist lead to her being taught many fundamentals and knowledge about strategy since childhood. Due to her being familiarized with such things, she has an analytical eye for how to approach each situation. She is a major fan of maneuver warfare and grand strategy above all else. Out of all her traits, she specializes in this. Anything else is a subordinate to this side of her.
- Trained Martial Artist – Cass is an expert in hand-to-hand combat, particularly in grappling, pressure point/joint striking, and submissions. In her base martial arts discipline, Cassidy has trained since childhood and mastered it. At this point in life, she experiments with adapting elements of other crafts into her own and is growing on that side. She’s had the most success combining her tap dancing skills into it, giving her controlled footwork. She’s also not averse to fighting dirty.
- Varies weapon based skills: Average skills in most weapons aside from swordsmanship with a rapier, which she is above average with and archery, which she is well-trained in.
- Others: Talented at tap dancing, possess large amount of funds, stealth skills, La Parkour abilities, learned in the human body & how to train it, mental techniques ranging from speed reading to memory tricks, handwriting analysis, hypnotism, etc. Her talent in each vary, though she generally prefers to mix each skill together to create new things others can’t duplicate instead of being a specialist.
Wrath is Cassidy’s greatest vice. She has an explosive side which requires tons of discipline to keep under control when sparked. If pressed too far and her calmness retained after the initial spark, Cass changes into a ruthless, pragmatic, and vengeful Ice Queen. Fears exist of her becoming she who fights monsters. Moreover, despite her frowning upon it, she has a sadistic side when pushed to point where she sees someone as unredeemable.
Her proficiency can become obsessive at times. Cass doesn’t like to admit defeat. She’s willing to retreat and recover, but not yield unless she feels it’s becoming self-destructive. Furthermore, she’s a compulsive worker, which can sometimes lead to exhaustion, insomnia, and forgetting to eat. Her assistant stays on her for that.
Cassidy’s pride can be a double edged sword. She dislikes anything she perceives as weakness due to fears of them being exploited and used against her. She doesn’t like being pity or expressing hurt, feeling it would be advertising her vulnerabilities. Unless there is no option otherwise, she tends to remain internally on the alert with others unless it’s someone who has earned her trust, in spite of her outward friendliness and politeness.
Her pride extends into being a bit of a control freak at times. She trusts herself the most at tackling most problems and generally mostly comfortable when things are going by her design. She can be incredibly manipulative at times to retain this and get result she wants, to the point where she has to be reminded when she’s starting to see others as pawns for her objectives instead of people. Her deceptive, manipulative side does bother some, even those close to her.
Being a polymath also carries the weakness of not being as developed as specialist in some crafts.
She has some vanity, which she dislikes being seen as anything but her best. In her chosen style, Cass prefers a more business and intelligent design than anything else. She’s protective of her looks & more embarrassing moments aren’t meant to be seen by others. Also, while she’s fine dirtying her hands and enjoys expending effort to earn things, she dislikes getting too messy during it. While she’ll do it regardless since she feels the pros far outweigh the cons, she still hates the con.
Her curiosity is also strong to point where she sometimes hates secrets because she wants to know things about others.
Finally, Cass wishes to always be right. She hates mistakes and at times curses her own humanity as being unbecoming of a strategist & leader.
It’s worth noting that Cassidy is usually self-aware of her flaws, alongside keeps others around to call her out & reel her back in if she starts going too far, and thus tries her best to manage them or make amends for her mistakes when she does slip up. She is particularly attuned to how hypocritical her need to learn about others while keeping her own secrets is, which is why she tries to control that urge of hers & respect other's boundaries.
She seeks to use her strength to provide prosperity to both herself and others, be overall respected, remain in positions where she is not victimized, eliminate those who victimize humanity as a whole, make Deus suffer in particular, learn as much as she possibly can, and test her strengths against others.
Purpose in the Story:
1st person narrator as well as protagonist of her stories. In other stories within universe, it varies when she does appear.
- Above Good and Evil: Considers good & evil to be labels people use to justify themselves & demonize others, alongside fact that everybody has different definitions of good and evil. She prefers to get to the root of anything, fully understand each side, then do whatever she feels is the most acceptable course of action from her POV.
- Action Fashionista: Loves to fight and look good during it. Her preferred style of fashion involves anything she feels is dignified & commands respect. At her most relax she wears smart casual attires. Her closet is also filled with many, many different attires alongside she has her own tailor.
- Affectionate Nickname: By those close to her, they usually call her just Cass or Cassie. Her grandfather usually calls her kiddo, which is one of the few people she permits to call her "a kid."
- Agent Scully: Her attitude towards most that verges into what appears supernatural. Cass always tends to believe there is some form of scheming in play or scientific explanation & ultimately wishes to discerning what the facts are. It is important to note she does find the supernatural and such interesting. She just feels the need to discern fact from fiction because she feels a firm connection to reality is important for retaining one's power over a situation.
- Amazonian Beauty: While not massive in build (that sort of mass requires testosterone injection), Cass does have a notably toned figure which she takes pride in.
- Anchored Ship: With her friend Rebecca. She just isn't as comfortable airing her romantic feelings for anyone and tends to try and act like she's above such notions when she's not. There is also an element of her just being uncomfortable doing what she feels is essentially giving up power over herself to another.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Very much this. Her core concern surrounds finding ways to make the best of life for her and others while she can, in spite of all the negative elements she feels are there such as the lack of any true fairness, humanity's flaws, her belief that there is no god or they're ultimately flawed themselves, and many other things which a nihilist would complain on. Plenty of her philosophy can be seen as Existentialism & Humanism.
- The Apprentice: To her grandfather Edan, who does his best to train her as a strategist while her parents are busy running their company. Has been training as a tactician & strategist since she was 7.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Worth noting that she is NOT a master of this yet. She's got experience and actively studies various things such as microexpressions to improve on her skills, but she is fallible. Still, her talent with it is there and a quick learner.
- Aunt Pennybags: If finances are whats required and she feels it's worth it, she's more than fine just throwing money at problem. Her attitude towards money as a whole is that it's just an instrument for ends and she's way more interested in what can be done with it than saving. Some of it is a display of her power, though her wish for others happiness is no less legitimate either.
- Badass Bookworm: Studies and reads a lot, including having a massive bookcase which she goes to daily. She also believes in taking care of her body & being knowledgeable in how to defend oneself, though she’s predominately an intelligence based person and considers maintaining her health as just an extension of her intellect.
- Bathing Beauty: Loves baths and remains as clean as she can in most cases. Her first response once any particularly lively activity is over is to bathe. One of her hobbies also includes relaxing in a tub while reading.
- The Beautiful Elite: Intentionally invoked as part of what she wants to be & feels gives her tactical advantageous over others.
- Benevolent Boss: Overall this, believing it's better for business, though she's willing to do pragmatic thing should the need arises and makes clear that she is the leader.
- Berserk Button: Victimizing the defenseless, cold cases, being disrespected or belittled (though she believes in getting her revenge by proving them wrong), murderers, and on more Played for Laughs most of the times, Enraged By Idiocy or whenever someone messes up anything in her room. Finally, she really hates when people try to take advantage of her kindness, particularly when she shows mercy.
- The Berserker: What losing control of her temper transforms her into. It's not a state she's proud of and if she enters into this state, she's generally on losing side then. Cassidy works best using her brains and considers this side unsophisticated, primal, & weak.
- Best Served Cold: Towards the Big Bad. She has no clue who the Big Bad actually is and hasn't for years, though she's fine waiting. In their first conversation alone, she makes it clear that she has no intentions to show them any mercy whatsoever and warns them to kill themselves before she uncovers who they are because once she has, she will place them into a Fate Worse Than Death. She also exploits this in hopes of causing a Paranoia Gambit in the Big Bad as she progressively dismantles their organization, with hopes that they'll commit suicide before she gets to them to try & escape her wrath. If they would, she'd be fine since they'd be gone. If not, she's fine with that option too since that means she gets to enact her plan.
- Bi the Way: Though doesn't advertise it since she feels it's nobody else's business.
- Bully Hunter: Backstory related during her days in private school.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: In relation to her fascination with the bizarre and unorthodox, alongside her own hidden eccentricities. She's still highly efficient and believes in that at the foremost.
- Butt Monkey: During any of more comedic moments, Cassidy usually falls into becoming this to other's antics & how much they enjoy messing with her. She does sometimes get them back with small pranks instead of purely just taking it.
- Calling Card: Takes credit for her various crimes via appearance of a Sir Reynard, the trickster fox. It's also how she chooses to communicate with people in secret.
- Catch Phrase:
- Celibate Heroine: Subverted. Cassidy generally claims to be this and appears it on the outside, though she does keep what is essentially a Secret Relationship even if not official.
- Challenge Seeker
- The Chains of Commanding: Shown from time to time with more difficult parts of being a leader. She accepts it though as part of the job and considers it worth it since she's still the brains of the operation.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Tends to pop up when something has caught her interest. Has been noted by others close to her they usually find it to be creepy.
- The Chessmaster: She is familiar with numerous tactics, strategies, philosophies behind thing, historical battles, etc. alongside can explain the various elements about them on a drop of a dime. As a Grand Strategist, she's capable of running long term operations, explain how to run them, why to do it this way, how to adapt to unexpected elements, etc. Xanatos Speed Chess is her top specialty and her preferred style as a strategist involves maneuver warfare. Also only moderately good at playing actual chess. See below.
- Since I think someone saying their character is this is easy, I'll give an example of a scheme. Earliest one in the series before the real Battle of Wits erupts. She receives a challenge from Narcissa Richmond, a primadonna Attention Whore villain who is trying to use The Grandmaster's fame to rub up on herself by attacking someone else who is famous & wagers a special gemstone. Her first move upon arriving is to interrupt Narcissa's parading around and generally act unimpressed. She uses her family reputation to draw attention to herself and irritates Narcissa by warning her about how her plan will fail. When Narcissa gets aggressive, she gets internally ticked off about being grabbed before reining it in and reminding herself one of her lessons. From that point she reintroduces herself, given a length one filled with name drops to test Narcissa's response. If Narcissa attacked her, she'd be fine with it since police were present and would take them away from public, throwing off Narcissa's ability to carry out scheme. Her connections would protect her, particularly because she was seen on-camera simply chatting while she could also use them to keep Narcissa locked down in that position while she stole what was up for grabs. If not - which Narcissa doesn't out of fear - she's able to note how intimidated she was & factor it into future plans. From there she challenges her ego to stop her from leaving, forcing her to stay there as part of a small debate. The debate itself is meant for 2 purposes. The first is a legit deterrence strategy. She wants to frighten Narcissa into giving up using a combination of her family's reputation and The Grandmaster's to give her claims weight. When Narcissa fails to listen, as she expected, she takes advantage of it from there. Her Plan B involved exploiting her favorite psychological principle, cognitive dissonance. The first stage was affirming the commitment. She turned Narcissa's own attention whoring back on her by making it as public as possible, made sure to get affirmations to things, knew it was voluntary since Narcissa was one who started it, and took in account her effort up until then. All together this creates commitment. Cass then created a high stakes wager, betting a large sum against her. When Narcissa hesitates, she brings up her previous commitment and adds in bonus of making it sound like this will be free money, should she be right. Cass factored in Narcissa being an opportunist & wish for easy gain. However, she uses Exact Words to make it so she'll profit no matter what, so long as she doesn't get caught. The pressure and immediacy of the moment further assists, making it hard for Narcissa to think about the deal. Peer pressure is final factor in, with Cass using those around to motivate Narcissa to reply swiftly. It also makes good PR for her family's business. Beyond that, while she has a scheme for the train job itself, ultimately it's less about stealing the object up for grabs (which she considered could be a fake and turns out is) and more about convincing Narcissa to change sides via a con instead. Once she does confront as Grandmaster, trapping away from help & such through stuff not going through right now, she avoids combat by creating a Mexican Standoff (or at least, appears as such. It's a distance weapon versus closed range, plus she analyzes to realize that Narcissa only has a Weapon for Intimidation) and tries to talk the problem out. She uses foreknowledge based on research to figure out how to approach Narcissa and factors in her psyche before giving her a choice. She makes clear she can lie to the public that she won since she has the real gem still or she can admit her wrongs, donate it, and change her public persona. She finally promises that if she does the former, she will repay a visit and won't be as merciful that time. Finally, when Narcissa does choose to do the former instead, Cass reveals that she already took that into account and factored it into the wager. Since Cass as herself won their wager, two factors included was that Narcissa has to personally deliver the sum to her house and has to do it by a certain deadline. Cass fine playing waiting game, which she intends to continue her con from there by pretending that Narcissa impressed her still & she wishes to align with her against The Grandmaster. She also further intentions for her due to the Big Bad being involved now, but that's other details.
- Classy Cat-Burglar: Intentionally cultivates this image in her alter ego for the sake of PR.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Towards her more eccentric friends as a whole. Her group also eventually grows into more a Caper Crew, which she acts as this to the others as part of her status as The Leader.
- Collector of the Strange: Prefers to obtain anything which catches her eye that’s particularly unique or rare. This includes her taste in people. She also does so for a tactical advantage; she enjoys expanding her knowledge into the unknown to confuse her oppositions and believes that a different perspective can be useful for attacking problems.
- Combat Aestheticist: She loves efficient schemes & all the effort which goes into planning, to point of calling well-crafted ones “Strategic Masterpieces” & claims that strategy & tactics are an art style within itself. The same goes for the plans of others, which she has a respect for over just being The Brute, so long as she approves of the end of the scheme. She also collects weapons she considers beautiful, some of which she hangs on her bedroom walls, as well as loves martial arts techniques which she considers particularly graceful to watch and require finesse.
- Combat Pragmatist: Perfectly fine fighting dirty if she feels it necessary. Mostly invoked against stronger enemies who she can't rely on her pure skill alone & when the stakes are far too high to permit failure.
- Control Freak: Though she's fine picking more subtle variations of control over others. She also is working to keep it under control and become more comfortable with following other's leads, though it's not easy for her unless they've earned her respect. Generally this tendency comes out the more frustrated she becomes and internally shown as another thing she tries to manage.
- Cool Big Sis: To her adoptive little sister Sylvia, at least when they are butting heads over Cass' scheming side.
- Crazy-Prepared: "No Day Unalert" is her motto as a whole and she tries to be this. It's another thing she hasn't gotten down entirely ye & can be caught by Didn't See That Coming if its an unknown unknown. She also tends to rely more on being well-prepared & trained than anything else.
- Crime Fighting With Cash
- Cuteness Proximity: Has a soft spot for things she considers cute, particularly animals.
- Dance Battler: Her tap dancing footwork is often combined with her movements in fights because she's comfortable with it & footwork is important to fighting.
- Defeat Means Friendship: One of her personal favorite tactics for dealing with adversaries. She learned it from her grandfather and is how she gained her most loyal ally in character of Wynn in backstory.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Again, really doesn't like appearing vulnerable because she fears it will be taken advantage of.
- Everythings Better With Chocolate: Considers chocolate to be the greatest snack ever created. Although she cares a lot about maintaining her figure and look, she tends to snack on chocolate coins a lot. She also celebrates each mission well done with massive expensive chocolate cakes, which have been prepared for her by a famous baker, that are kept inside of the mansion’s walk-in refrigerator and she stocks up on every few months. Finally, the element of it being a mild antidepressant helps her retain the calmness she desires.
- Extracurricular Enthusiast: Was this during her time in private school.
- Fiery Redhead: She generally tries to keep it under control & aims to have Nerves of Steel, though her temper can get the better of her sometimes. Also, she tends to hate any commentary linking her fiery side with her having red hair, treating it as an example of haven’t heard that before.
- The Fighting Narcissist: Heroic variant for the most part
- For Happiness: Her guiding motivation. While her guiding ideology is ultimately Utilitarian, she is aware of the drawbacks and careful with them. She's also aware of the same with deontology and ultimately feels that between the two, other people's happiness is the only one she can place faith in.
- Friends with Benefits: With her best friend, not that she'll freely admit it.
- Freaky Is Cool: Tends to finds the eccentricities in humanity to be more intriguing and fully believes that there is no true "normal", just things which are commonplace. She considers the deeper elements interesting, particularly with uncovering what they are and people's logic behind why it's there.
- Genius Sweet Tooth: LOVES anything sweet tasting.
- Girlish Pigtails: High pigtails variant of it. It actually is noted it contrasts many things about her and some do comment on it as influencing their impression of her. As for her reason why, it's purely because she likes them. She considers them to be cute and will do whatever she feels like while relying on everything else to prove her competence.
- Go-Getter Girl: Nothing is forcing her to be this way at all. It's a conscious choice on her part because it's what makes her happy.
- Good Is Not Soft: As nice and polite as she usually is, if she feels it won't get the job done, she'll drop it on the spot and do whatever she feels is the most efficient. As she notes at one point, while she aims to be a force of preservation, she realizes that sometimes preserving one thing requires destroying another. Still, she doesn't wish to be a destroyer.
- Graceful Loser: Though she doesn't like losing at all, she still believes in maintaining one's dignity in defeat and has been taught to learn how to accept her losses alongside learn from them. She generally respects anybody who can defeat her alongside enjoys the challenge of preparing for a rematch.
- Green-Eyed Monster: With regards to her best friend Rebecca, despite their relationship not being official. She doesn't care for Rebecca's flirty side with others or when someone shows interest back, even though she knows Rebecca isn't actually interested in them & has other motives for it. Rebecca does also sometimes use it just to annoy Cass.
- Guile Heroine: Although she loves to fight (for the sake of the challenge and testing one’s skills alone, not brutality), she’s more comfortable scheming, networking, manipulating, playing politics, etc.
- Hidden Depths
- Hollywood Atheist: Cassidy is closer to agnostic than anything else. She feels there are way too many questions and issues with god-like figures and while she doesn't have proof they don't exist, she's uncomfortable placing faith in them. She prefers to be the master of her own fate and prefers to put faith in herself.
- Honest Corporate Executive: In training. She REALLY wants to be this, believing it’s the right thing to be as a leader, something she can do a lot of good with, and she thrives in such situations anyway. She also wishes to neutralize every Corrupt Corporate Executive she encounters, believing that she is freeing the world from them.
- Hot-Blooded: Internally, with it occasionally slipping out if she's caught up in the moment.
- Hot Chick In A Badass Suit: How she tends to dress when she's out.
- Hypocrisy Nod: Does acknowledge her own hypocrisies from time to time, though she's not proud of them & tries to avoid it.
- The Insomniac: Whenever she enters into one of her obsessive stages and really into whatever she's working on. Tends to crash whenever she's finished and generally treated as something she should avoid by others. Cass herself does note that she actually hates sleeping, considers it another human flaw, and one of few reasons she does it is for the sake of her health
- Just Like Robin Hood: Any con or caper she runs is meant to help those who are incapable of helping themselves or relying on the laws to deal with the issue.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Admittedly can have some views which seem cynical, though she tends to ultimately find some way to twist around to an optimist alongside holds to her hope. A good example is her feelings to kindness. She outright says that kindness is a choice, not an attribute, which people use for various ends, whether they benevolent or malicious. She does add in afterwards that she still likes it as a tactic and thinks that, when used properly, is better than many of the alternatives.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Brings it up from time to time, both to convincing her enemies this when facing her and when she realizes further fighting doesn't serve her ends.
- Lady and a Scholar: Which, again, is a conscious choice how she's molded herself. It makes her happy to strive to be this.
- Lady and Knight: With her subordinate Wynn. Important to note that their connection is not romantic at all, leaning more towards Platonic Life Partners.
- Lady Snarker: From time to time.
- Lady of Adventure
- Lady of War: Her preferred style
- Large Ham: Another trait of her she generally tries to keep under control, though it slips out from time to time when she gets caught up in the moment, particularly when she's The Grandmaster. Cass generally enjoys theatrics and creativity which goes into them.
- The Leader: Type 1 most of all, intersects into every other type by her designs for efficiency.
- Limited Social Circle: Cass keeps her amount of close friendships small, though she does have acquaintances & subordinates from past ventures.
- Magnetic Hero: Tends to aim to be this, with varying success.
- Manipulative Bitch: A mixture of the cold & analytical type, con man, and great liar. She relies the most on social engineering. Her favorite social psychology to exploit is cognitive dissonance, though she’s well versed in many others which are explained.
- Martial Pacifist: Particularly as a strategist, which she aims To Win Without Fighting & believes in preservation. She does sometimes slip due to her wrath & frustration with humanity's flaws - alongside internally acknowledges her rage, but generally lends to being discipline and following what she feels is right.
- Mixed Ancestry: Her father is an Imperial, her mother has foreign blood from country they’re involved in a cold war with. For some it works, given her an exotic blend & red hair, others dislike her for it and against the practice. It also can serve a useful function as Grandmaster persona since her face can be confused for either or if directly seen, though she tends to avoid being looked at.
- Moe: Invoked when doing research as Arlene Locksley the Fourth. She pretends to be a shy, vulnerable female writer to lower guards & convince people to help her get the technical information she requires for objectives.
- Must Make Amends: Her usual attitude whenever she feels she has made a mistake or collateral occurs she didn't intend. She does also prefer to do it personally to prove she's sincere about it, even if it places her in situations she dislikes.
- My Greatest Failure: Ultimately feels this way about the outcome of the first Battle of Wits with the Big Bad. While her Xanatos Gambit works, she losses her temper - as the Big Bad was trying to cause - during their showdown and she gets sloppy in her first fight with The Dragon. When she realizes that she cannot win, she creates an opening to retreat and regroup at the expense of abandoning someone who she promised to rescue & knows that the Big Bad intends to sell off as a Sex Slave in a foreign country. Even though she didn't like the person in question & their own actions placed them in the situation in first place, she's not comfortable knowing that fate waits them or that she used them as a pawn for her scheme then practically threw them away when they outlived their usefulness.
- Neat Freak: Can be this from time to time. She's more so this with her own stuff than anything else, reasoning that it's hers and so she wants it to be well taken care of. Also brought up with regards to her room. Although she could have a maid clean her room, she refuses to out of a fear of people messing up and maintains it herself.
- Nerves of Steel: More so during actual danger and action than anywhere else. She still feels all the emotions others have, she just refuses to let them control her and uses techniques such as counterbalance techniques & death ground for her discipline.
- Nice to the Waiter: Firmly believes in treating one's workers as kindly as possible and making their existence well in exchange for quality work. She believes it's part of the very foundation of leader/subordinate relationship and dislikes anybody who disrespects it.
- The Needs of the Many: While she prefers to Take a Third Option, if she can't figure out an option, this is where she leans. Again, not that she likes it.
- Non-Idle Rich: Considers the best thing about being wealthy is being able to be so active & possessing the resources for her various schemes.
- No One Gets Left Behind: She's really not comfortable with plans which involving sacrificing others she's promised to protect.
- Not in the Face!: REALLY doesn't like having her face targeted of all places, which can be used against her at times.
- Not So Above It All
- Odd Friendship: Most of her friendships tend to appear this way due to her enjoying company of the varied sort.
- Pen Name: Arlene Locksley the Fourth, though Cass herself doesn't write any of the stories released under the name. She hires others to ghost write for her then has them released to the public all for the sake of adding credibility when she's researching information that's relies on It's for a Book.
- The Perfectionist: Particularly because she’s spoiled. Cassidy is aware of how lucky she is and how easy it can be. She also aware of other inheritors who are more slothful & coast on their family’s fortunes for the most part, which she refuses to become. Given her desires for respect and efficiency, she's very focused at getting things right.
- Phantom Thief: As The Grandmaster of Theft
- The Power of Hate: Tapped into at various times and important to overall story. She generally likes the power it gives her and aware of the benefits, though she's also knowledgeable of the drawbacks and fearful of losing herself to it. Her ideal outcome is to figure out how to conquer the drawbacks while still channeling it's power.
- Pragmatic Hero: Her colder side is this. She does prefer idealism, she just believes in being practical above all else if the situation calls upon it.
- The Prankster: A guilty pleasure of hers from time to time. Shows up in some elements of her schemes as a phantom thief, mainly as an outlet for it and when it doesn't interfere with efficiency.
- Professional Gambler: Though she's not particularly invested in the gambling itself. She enjoys it, but it's primarily a research tool & a form of training.
- The Profiler: Part of how she knows to approach is person and deal with them is due to her studying them as best she can to understand who they are, what they've done, what makes them tick, what buttons to press, etc.
- Protagonist Journey to Villain: Played with. See She Who Fights Monsters for more.
- Proud Beauty: In a reserved way. While she doesn't outwardly flaunt it, she genuinely enjoys her look and will allow the Halo Effect to take root in others for the added benefits, particularly with regards to coming off as The Beautiful Elite. However, she doesn't care to brag about it or do things which intentionally call attention since she considers subtlety to be far better & her takes more pride in her brains. The best way to put it, she considers beauty as another extension of her intelligence.
- Rich Boredom: Actively works to avoid this and a truth of the matter is that if she wasn't as active as she is, she would be miserable because she gets restless without something to do.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Not a fan of the above or this one, though she'll work with what she can for what she feels is the greater good.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Beautiful!: Engineers her look for expressed purpose of exploiting this (referencing the Halo Effect even), though she doesn't actually believe in it. Again, it's purely pragmatic and her working with what tools she has to obtain the best outcomes.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: The core reason she'll screw the rules.
- Secret Identity: The Grandmaster is her core one, though she runs a few others depending on her requirements. Important to note that the top reasons she maintains secret identities is because she doesn't wish to become a Fallen Princess or endanger those close to her, but she still wishes to take down those who draw her ire.
- Secret Relationship: Her relationship with her friend Rebecca, even if she just won't outright admit it is this. Her reasons deal with her perfectionist side and wish to appear above such things.
- Selfish Good: According to herself. She generally falls within the lines of acceptable behavior though will argue she only does so because she feels like it & enjoys reaping the benefits of it. For instance, she's outwardly what most people would consider altruistic towards people, though she'll deny her actions as being that. She'll even note that helping people is done purely because she doesn't want the guilt of not helping them when she knows she can on her conscience. Furthermore, Cass doesn't believe that selflessness actually exists whatsoever anyway, claiming that a truly selfless action requires one to literally get nothing out of it. Positive feelings included.
- Sempai/Kohai: With her friend Rebecca.
- She Who Fights Monsters: Has problems with this at times due to how pragmatic she's willing to get. The more she faces certain people and darker she gets, the more worried some are about this happening to her. Whether or not it does is part of the story. Furthermore, this happening to her is one of her greatest fears. She's well acquainted with stories of people starting out with the best of intentions who wind up becoming as worse as the villains they fight. She's between not wanting to be taken advantage of or allowing certain people to succeed at their objectives due to the repercussions and not becoming a horrible person in the process.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- Skilled, but Naïve: Any flashback variant of Cassidy. Her present self has mostly outgrown this
- Smart People Play Chess: She does enjoy gambling with it from time to time, though it's important to note she's only moderately good. The reasons ultimately deals with fact that chess is merely a game about destruction & domination alone, which she feels doesn't reflect what a strategist should be. In particular, one of her weaknesses as a chess player is her distaste for sacrificing pieces. Finally, she'd point out that chess doesn't capture the elegance and essence of true strategy & leadership, from the relationships with the pieces to the numerous factors which can influence an outcome to how there are a far greater variable of outcomes that a real strategist deals with.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Rarely, but when she's REALLY angry & trying to retain control herself, she displays this. Canon wise, she only does this to the Big Bad, who she made clear she hates more than anybody else.
- Spirited Young Lady: What her combination of Proper Lady and The Trickster ultimately form into.
- Spoiled Sweet
- Straight Edge: Works from the "my body is a temple" perspective and doesn't like to poison it with drinking, smoking, or drugs. She's also not a fan of promiscuity.
- The Strategist: And comes from a family of them. Her actual methods are based around various strategist throughout (our) human history, particularly Sun Tzu's Art of War.
- The Team Benefactor: Money & Knowledge variant, though important to note she sometimes uses her brains to get others to fund them instead and save her money.
- Technical Pacifist: For the most part, and aims to be as pacifistic as she practically can. It’s actually part of her principles as a strategist. After certain events with the Big Bad, she's considering dropping this attitude towards them alone.
- Terror Hero: Perfectly fine exploiting this since she just views it as a practical tool for peace.
- Think Nothing of It: Tends to crop up when she helps others. Usually her justification for this attitude deals with fact she ultimately did it for what she considers a selfish reason, even if others wouldn't feel that her logic is selfish.
- Tsundere: Type B as a whole.
- Token Yuri Girls: Cass and Rebecca
- Totalitarian Utilitarian: Her darker side. She really fears transforming into this, though she still believes in happiness above all else because it's the one thing she can put faith in.
- Trophy Room: Her bedroom doubles as one. She keeps photographs and objects on display as battle trophies & proof of her accolades. Furthermore, she keeps a small password protected file which keeps track of anything she's proud of she accomplished as The Grandmaster, which generally includes articles on people helped as a result of her actions.
- The Vamp: Averted for most part and important to note she dislikes sexual seduction as her personal tactic to persuade others. She knows how to use it & doesn't care if someone else does it within her camp, but refuses to herself. A Godzilla Threshold has to be reached for her to implement it.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: Subverted. With regards to both her father and her grandfather, who both appear less serious than her. The contrast between Cass and Edan is noted by some, who find it odd that his granddaughter seems so much more serious than him. Still, at the root of things, she is influenced by them as well, which is part of the reason for her own eccentricities she beneath the surface.
- Waistcoat of Style: As The Grandmaster, she wears variation which includes a hood. The vest doubles as a bulletproof vest thanks to liquid armor.
- Warrior Therapist: Tends to use this against enemies, believing psychological warfare is just another tactic to obtaining her objectives.
- Weak, but Skilled: Physically, Cass is only 5'5 and in spite of her training, a male who also is trained & takes care of their health would likely dominate her in a straightforward battle. She balances it out by leaning more towards this as a fighter focusing far more on coordination, techniques, self-control, exploiting the terrain, messing with the opponent's head, targeting their weak points, and so forth.
- White-Haired Pretty Girl: As The Grandmaster, which she uses make-up to appear paler and a crop platinum wig over her regular hair, which is compressed and pinned beneath.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: As a child. While she holds herself as being a realist above all else, her optimism does tend to still come through at times.
- Workaholic: She really is, but she uses this as her disguise to keep fact she's a phantom thief hidden. Instead of using Obfuscating Stupidity (since that wouldn't gain her respect), she plays up herself as being way too busy to ever be a phantom thief. Beyond that, mostly anything she does ultimately somehow connects back to her development as an heiress.
edited 16th Apr '13 8:42:38 PM by Prime_of_Perfection