edited 16th Feb '14 2:24:34 AM by FirockFinion
Name: Unknown Alias: Tank Gender/Age: 37 Male Appearance: 5'3 and very muscular. Has black hair and dark gray eyes. Likes to wear a leather jacket laced with metal in a way that makes him biteproof to zombies. He carries a sledgehammer and a double-barreled shotgun in a strap across his back. Personality: Reckless, angry and violent. Hates undead of all descriptions. Backstory: Spent the first year of the apocalypse in prison for unarmed assault. Released with a few of his prison friends on grounds that he would use his violent streak to fight off the hordes. After losing his friends in a lich attack he made a vow to destroy every undead he came across, that vow has never once been broken. Equipment: Any items mentioned in the appearance and backpack containing the following: a few days food/water, a roll of bandage, a small bottle of holy water and a notebook full of assorted rituals most of which are incomplete. About 5 spare shots are carried in a pocket on his jacket. Skills: Very good at brawler style combat and one swing from his sledgehammer will shatter bone. Not that good a shot but the wide spread of his shotgun makes up for it. No medical experience, the bandage is there for emergencies with the hope someone else will know what to do. Fairly skilled with the few rituals he knows. He knows the following rituals:
- Create Light; a fairly useful ritual that causes a small ball of light to appear between his hands. The light will stay floating until he stops chanting or removes his hands.
- Nightvision; seems useful in theory but in practice it makes everything so bright that any light-source appears blindingly bright. the ritual takes about 10 minutes and lasts about 3 hours.
- Animate Dead; it's unknown why someone would actually want to do this but this ritual allows you to animate a corpse. The ritual takes about 15 minutes and can animate any corpse (not just human ones) as a Walker.
Ps: Firock you put a small typo in the skills section. Oh and is it ok to add a new section labeled Known Rituals? I'm not sure which section they would go in and adding a new section is an easy fix for this.
edited 16th Oct '12 7:43:43 PM by gbrngfol
edited 15th Oct '12 5:47:17 PM by KSPAM
edited 15th Oct '12 9:06:26 PM by FirockFinion
- Name: Cranston Adler
- Age: 40
- Gender: Male
- Appearance: 6'1", slender but wiry build, Sandy hair in a pony tail, ice blue eyes, trim moustache, usually dressed either in abusiness suit or in camo appropriate to the environment
- Personality: Cool, acerbic, arrogant and precise.
- Background: A former Marine Sergeant Major Scout Sniper. Resigned shortly after the crisi began because he saw more potential profit as a bounty hunter.
- Equipment: Sniper rifle, with varying ammo loads (regular, silver, hollow point with blessed earth infused with garlic, cold iron etc), Desert Eagle automatic, likewise loaded, backpack with basic supplies (rations, water, first aid kit, salt tablets, extra ammo, etc), silver edged Bowie Knife, notebook.
- Skills: Experienced sniper and tracker, trained to live off the land, basic first aid knowledge. No magic skill but has studied the habits, strengths and weaknesses of the major supernatural races intensely.
edited 16th Oct '12 11:19:46 AM by tricksterson
- Name: Sanders ("Father Sanders" to some, exactly why is unknown)
- Age: Unknown, assumed to be in his thirties or forties
- Gender: Male
- Appearance: If this doesn't scream five kinds of crazy to you, you may just be as nuts as him.
- Personality: Gleefully sociopathic, sadistic, violent, and witty. Clearly enjoys what he does, and he does it well. Generally hostile to all forms of monster life, viewing them as little more than animals to be hunted rather than intelligent creatures, or even former humans. Will not hesitate to put down someone who's turned.
- Background: The few people who know it ain't telling. Some say he used to be a priest before the apocalypse…
- Silver katanas: Primarily used for decapitating vampires and other beasties, as well as exploiting the weakness to silver shown by many monsters. Occasionally sees use for the reasons he had them commissioned (i.e. certain Shinto spirits and demons), but mostly just used for the above. Also carries a flask of holy water on his hip (thought I'd mention this, but didn't want to give it its own paragraph).
- Guns: Keeps it classic with two 9mm handguns as his primary go to guns. Carries an assault rifle on his back, and has a few mags worth of ammo stashed throughout his coat for all three (probably three refills for the assault rifle, and two additional mags each for the handguns)
- His "armor": Actually a sort of pseudo body armor/combat suit cobbled together from bits and pieces he picked up, tinkered with over the years. Initially it started out as a simple Kevlar vest, leather jacket, and ski mask, but over time, it… evolved. Not in the literal sense of course, but by modifying it ever so slightly from time to time over the years, it's reached its current state, where the leather is embedded with silver and crosses, and the mask is actually a functional HUD, equipped with things like thermal vision and sonar pings. These functions serve primarily to aid him in hunting creatures who possess skills in stealth, or who can exert influence with eyesight, which the HUD often renders irrelevant (although fighting without it is still a detriment).
- Duffel bag: One duffel bag that he does not bring on missions, but carries certain items that he may remove and take with him depending on the situation:
- "Trophies": Sanders often keeps the most dangerous parts of the things he kills (like basilisk and werewolf fangs, or the head of a Gorgon) as trophies. Waste not, want not after all. He can't bring all of these with him into the field, but you can find most of them stashed in his duffel bag for… special occasions.
- Food and water: Sanders doesn't carry much of these, and most of what you will find are strictly emergency rations. Most of his food he either buys from vendors at each town he stops in, or he just cooks off of whatever he kills (provided it's edible)
- Holy sacraments: Good at things like exorcisms, and is well acquainted with a number of magic rituals dealing with spirits or undead.
- Combat: He likes to fight at extended range, and the closest he's comfortable getting to his prey before it's dead is the length of his katana. Due to little hand to hand skills and the unwieldily natural of katanas at extremely close range, Sanders is likely to suffer in fisticuffs, or if he's tackled.
- Batshit crazy: He is.
edited 16th Oct '12 4:55:37 PM by FirockFinion
edited 16th Oct '12 6:20:14 PM by FirockFinion
- Name: Nathan D. Ignacio
- Gender: Male
- Age: 35
- Appearance: Not a spot of the front side of his body is unobscured, loaning to his 'unique' method of attack. The top-most layer of clothing is a thick dark-brown duster, with two large pouches located at thigh-level. The entire thing appears textile, rather than leathery, an overall military looking fabric. The collar of a black shirt and the bottom of dark green pants -both made from similar looking fabrics as the coat-poke out from underneath, all above a pair of black combat boots that go shin-high. A bug-eyed gas mask covers his face, topped off by a world war two style helmet. The only exposed part of his head is a small bald patch above the nape of his neck. Well, that and his mouth, whenever he unscrews the mouthpiece of his mask. Who could understand a man who does nothing but mumble beneath a gas mask?
- Personality: An overall amiable sort, once you look past his special enthusiasm for his work. Or remind him that you can't understand what he's saying. He's might be overly quick to resort to violence towards potentially threats, but that's nearly a virtue in a wasteland. Tends to crack fire-based puns when he can.
- Backstory: Nathan likes fire. He was grounded for a good quarter of his childhood for fire related incidents. He barely eaked out a 'self defense plea when he lit a car thief on fire with a flare-gun at the age of eighteen. He became a pyrotechnist as soon as he left college, renting out as much secluded space as he could with his limited funds to perfect his trade. When the apocalypse broke out, and the demand for what laymen consider 'cheap thrills took a sharp drop, Nathan was left with a house full of fun. Putting two and two together, he jury rigged himself a flamethrower of arguably military quality, grabbed himself some other goodies, an took to bounty hunting.
- Equipment: His flamethrower, Isabella (which is good for about thirty-five seconds of use). A sawed-off shotgun, ready with two dragons-breath rounds, and twelve incendiary buck-shot shells tapered to the sides of his belt. A hand-axe held in a bottom compartment inside his coat. The fuel tank is placed horizontally, to accommodate room for an underslung backpack containing two canteens of water, six bags of jerky, six bags of dehydrated fruit, a utility knife, two match-boxes, a butane lighter, and a flare gun. His clothes are fire-retardents
- Abilities: An expert pyrotechnist, with some magical knowledge pertaining to amplifying combustable properties in otherwise immflammable or unimpressive substances. Willing to improvise when it comes to fire-weaponry and explosives. Not half bad with a shotgun. He's athletic as any man who intends to lug a flamethrower around in a coat needs to be.
edited 16th Oct '12 6:49:25 PM by goodisgood
edited 16th Oct '12 7:54:32 PM by gbrngfol
edited 16th Oct '12 8:04:57 PM by FirockFinion
- Name: Nathaniel Wolfe (Prefers 'Nate')
- Age and Gender: 29, ♂
- Appearance: Stealing a video game character again◊. Imagine that he doesn't have any white hairs. Add a backpack, second weapon holster on his other leg and ammunition pouch bag over his shoulder, and cancel the ammunition pouches on his vest.
- Personality: Nate is generally a blank. He will think about a situation with absolutely no emotional attachment to it and will always produce what he believes to be the most efficient solutions. To put this another way the trolley problem isn't a problem to him - he would save the raw numbers unless the one person provided a significant advantage otherwise.
- Backstory: Because I don't often go in long on this kind of thing, here goes - Nate began his career as an engineer in Her Majesty's Armed Forces, until he decided he didn't particularly like the pay or the queen and country, which drove him to work for a private military contractor. Once the apocalypse hit, being (technically) a civilian, he became a Bounty Hunter, since PMC work is now in short demand.
- One modified Beretta 90two. Enough slots are in his ammo bag for six 17-round magazines. Modifications;
- Underbarrel, there is attached a combat knife.
- On the top is a round-framed red dot optic. The forward-facing part of this red-dot is lined with LEDs, making it double as a torch.
- One modified Ingram MAC-11. Enough slots are in his ammo bag for six 16-round magazines. Modifications;
- Underbarrel, there is also attached a combat knife, although this is only used if ammo conservation is a problem.
- LEDs are mounted on the sides of the barrel, meaning both of his weapons have torches.
- One combat knife.
- Backpack, containing several MRE packages, some basic medical supplies and everything Nate needs to maintain his weapons as well as a few more general tools and a carton of cigarettes.
- One modified Beretta 90two. Enough slots are in his ammo bag for six 17-round magazines. Modifications;
- Solver of practical problems: If it's broke and you've got the parts/tools to fix it, Nate can likely add the experience needed to fix it. Military equipment and firearms are a bit of a speciality. Since the apocalypse, he's got fairly good at jury-rigging too.
- Military Man: Due to Nate's experience with shooting stuff, he's fairly good at shooting stuff. He's no slouch with his knives either.
- Sapper: Nate is able to work safely with explosives.
- Basic First-Aid: Nate can perform first-aid, although this is first-aid only, basically the ability to keep someone alive until they can get proper treatment.
edited 19th Oct '12 2:04:45 PM by Plumbum
edited 17th Oct '12 4:41:22 PM by FirockFinion
- Name: Dale Steelman
- Gender and age: Dude, 26
- Appearance: He wears a white bite/cut-resistant jacket, normal tan cargo pants, black shooting gloves, standard brown hiking shoes, a camouflage tactical vest over his jacket, sunglasses during the day, and a headlight. He himself is a 6'1" guy who looks pretty strong, with somewhat tan skin and buzzed black hair.
- Personality: Uncharacteristically positive and "nice" for a bounty hunter, while being stubborn as a mule.
- Backstory: Always a bit on the dim side, his quite-wealthy Baptist preacher father from sent him from his home in Arizona to college to get him out of the way and make something out of himself, but he mainly just used this as an excuse to coast through school and play football as a linebacker. He never finished, on account of the end of the world happening when he was home on break.
He hasn't forgotten his dying father's words after he was wounded by a skeleton at a local baseball game, "Boy, I know we've been at odds, but I was wrong to want to a'change you from who you were. So don't you done go and let these'ahere demons change who you are, either. Lead you astray or some nonsense. Whole world going to hell, don't you let it take you with it."
So with all that said, he spent the next five years trying to keep on being who he is, making a living out of saving the world.
- Equipment: No special ammo or anything, just regular BOOLETS.
- Brooklyn Smasher: Sort of sticks out of the top of his backpack.
- Folding Hunting Knife: A standard drop-point frame-lock blade that he keeps in his vest. It has a seatbelt cutter and window punch on the back. The sort of thing you get at Big 5 for $20.
- FN P90: Held in front with a chest sling, it has a 50-round magazine in it, and a red dot sight. There's two mags in vest pockets.
- FN Five-seveN: Held in a holster on the left side of his vest. Has a twenty-round mag in it, and another twenty-round mag in a vest pocket.
- S&W 500: Held in a holster on his right hip, it only has the five rounds in the gun, and his two speedloaders are empty.
- And then a Generic Backpack with the usual crap every bounty hunter has, like a couple water bottles, a few MREs and protein bars, a tiny first aid kit, cell phone, some AA and AAA batteries, and a flashlight. Actually, I'll do you one better and say it's a Dorcy 41-4750. Oh, and his headlight... let's say it's an Energizer Trailfinder.
- Skills: He's 100% human, none of that "magic" crap.
- Football. Footballing? Additionally, his former athletic training has kept him in good physical condition.
- Sort-of college educated
- Roughly five years of bounty hunting experience
edited 21st Oct '12 5:55:32 PM by nman
Unofficial Game of Gods Data Compendium