edited 8th Oct '12 4:37:19 PM by WiseMan23753
edited 11th Oct '12 11:59:34 AM by FallenLegend
edited 13th Oct '12 4:54:59 AM by WiseMan23753
edited 16th Oct '12 1:15:37 AM by WiseMan23753
edited 16th Oct '12 10:12:34 PM by WiseMan23753
- The girl is little more than a Child Soldier (Simply the magical girls)
- She doesn’t know if her Mentor Mascot is telling the truth (Kyubey)
- The villains are more of Well-Intentioned Extremists. (Witches and Kyubey)
- She is cut off from the ordinary world so much she becomes unstable. (Again, the magical girls)
- Magical Girls are more of freelance-like rebels and much more than just Child Soliders (Magical girls such as Kirsten, who is also an Idol Singer)
- The Mentor Mascot has or had a previous or overtime-developing trust with magical girls that allow them to tell the truth the best they can (Though Aya’s pet doesn’t become a mentor until Part II, their long friendship makes her tell everything the best she can and Aya is sure to trust her.)
- Though some may be Well-Intentioned Extremists, the villains may use it as a fascade for their real intentions, and even if that's not the case, their cause and/or methods still may not be friendly (found all over the place with the AMF
- The girls have a way to balance their duty as normal and magical girls. Or the magical world IS the ordinary world. (Aya makes this balance in Part I and II. And after that, the ordinary world DOES get involved in their war against the AMF.)
edited 19th Oct '12 12:26:40 AM by WiseMan23753
edited 21st Oct '12 4:17:05 AM by WiseMan23753
- Selfless Wish: PMMM) There is no thing as a selfless wish, every wish has some sort of selfish motive. ULJA) A selfless doing CAN be a selfish motive. One may want to selfishly see a person happy than anyone else and as long as that person is happy, s/he is happy too.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: PMMM) Some may use the power just for perks. Those who takes responsibility pay a mental and emotional toll. ULJA) Recklessness can still get you in trouble and may make you a villain for abusing the system. And as long as you have friends, holding such a responsible role is okay or maybe better.
- I Just Want to Be Special: PMMM) Madoka doesn't need to be special since already has a good life. She can't think of a wish and only wants to be fulfilled. ULJA) Aya lives in Crapsack World and she and her family has lived currently a miserable life themselves. She wants to be special to help others and her family get around their problems to fulfill herself and find a place in the world.
- Monster of the Week: PMMM) Shows how horrifying the monsters can be I'm all levels. ULJA) The magical girls have some way to overcome this fear AMD are trained/used to fighting at all levels.
- Power of Love, Love Martyr: PMMM) Love involves some selfishness at least. Sayaka's loved one, Kyouske, does not accept her feelings. ULJA) Miki finds another love when she loses her first one, who truly accepts her feelings and sacrifice. Magical Girls may also love more than one person (a group of people, a family, or even a country).
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: PMMM) The magical girls have no way to change Witches back and Kyoko dies an unnecessary sacrifice. ULJA) One of the magical girls accept it's too late to save her friend and goes to full power in the end, yet she carries on their past memories and good spirit. Aya also tries to understand her friends during the fight and has some way to change them back by learning the cause of their Face–Heel Turn.
edited 31st Oct '12 8:24:37 PM by WiseMan23753