Well, you just know the game would have a Shotoclone
somewhere. It's kind of inevitable.
But I'm pretty sure even Nickelodeon would back down if Avatar got its own Fighting Game
. Spongebob wouldn't fit at all, and they know that. They save him for crossover games.
Anyway, I think the next step would be to think of the button layout for this game. Considering the target audience
, I think the layout should be four buttons or something like that, similar to Persona 4 Arena
—2 physical attacks (Weak, Strong) and 2 bending attacks (Weak, Strong). Then moves get only as as a double quarter-circle for a super so as to not alienate the more casual group of players. (Which, face it, is what the majority of the Avatar fanbase is) Now a sample moveset:
- Buttons are referred to as Weak and Strong Physical (WP and SP) and Weak and Strong Bending. (WB and SB)
- QCF+WP or SP: Staff ram (Direct overhead attack)
- QCB+WP or SP: Quick dodge (Invincible rolling move)
- QCF+WB or SB: Airbending Slice (Projectile)
- QCB+WB or SB: Airball (Flight move)
- QCF+WP+SP: Glider Ram (Invincible Super)
- QCF+WB+SB: Cyclone (High damaging combo-ending super)
- QCB+WB+SB: Elemental Barrage (Level 3 Super, or whatever numerical value we're going for.)
...I kind of only went for aibending rather than the other elements because he's the only airbender in his story. Might make a few adjustments later on.