Welcome to a strange and fantastic realm, a realm eerily similar to our own world, but with some key differences. Magic, Magitek, and Modern Technology all coexist in this world, along with many fantasy races. Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Faeries, and other creatures all coexist in this realm. And all seems to be well, until the darkness began to engulf the world....
Wars and rumors of war, strange disasters, and the coming of demonic and undead armies wreaking havoc upon various towns and cities are all signs of the coming of the Dark One....The ancient demon lord known as Khaos, who wishes to destroy all of existence....
Only a band of adventurers can deter his forces and defeat the servants of Dark Lord Khaos before he awakens...
Okay, so here's the plan, this is an RP that is Urban Fantasy, inspired by Dungeons & Dragons and Diablo. There is magic, divine powers, modern technology such as guns and computers, and even Magitek.
You are a handful of adventurers who set out to fight the forces of evil and prevent The End of the World as We Know It
from happening. Some classes are modern, some are traditional fantasy classes, and a few are fantasy classes with a modern touch (for example, the Paladin class is still a holy, prayer-based warrior, but resembles a SWAT Officer more than a Medieval Knight in his equipment and appearance).
One important note, when it comes to divine classes such as the Priest, Paladin, Inquisitor, and Pilgrim, they can be of any religion you think of, whether it be Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Pagan, Shinto, Hindu, or whatever you can think of.
The races are limitless, they can be Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Faerie, Naga, Neko, Demihuman, Alien, or whatever you can think of.
The starting city is Richmond, Virginia. We all meet at a nightclub, but will see the world as we quest to save it.
The classes are as follows....
- Commando: A basic fighter class that specializes in firearms and explosives.
- Dueler: A basic fighter class that specializes in melee weapons and typically avoids firearms and explosives.
- Sorcerer: A standard spellcaster class, the Red Mage of the group
- Warlock: A spellcaster who uses Black Magic
- Priest: A religious figure who uses White Magic derived from their faith and the blessings of their deity
- Scientist: A technology-based class that uses Magitek devices to achieve their goals
- Biker: A Badass Biker who uses speed, guns, light armor, and blades to kick ass and rule the roads
- Medic: The Medic, pretty much self-explanatory
- Thief: A rogue who can pick locks and break into things
- Ninja: A magical warrior that uses a mix of martial arts and magical powers to defeat their enemies. Think along the lines of Naruto-styled ninjas.
- Engineer: A master of explosives and modern technology
- Hunter: A ranged warrior who has a specific favored enemy archetype
- Paladin: A holy warrior that uses faith-based powers to fight evil, Lawful Good and clad in Riot Gear and carrying a mix of melee weapons and guns
- Mobster: A brutal criminal class that specializes in a mix of thievery, assassination, and intimidation
- Agent: Sharp-dressed spies, assassins, and rogues, all employed by legitimate agencies. Often MIB's.
- Pilgrim: A holy class similar to a rogue or assassin, these Church Militant figures use speed, stealth, and light combat to further the agenda of their deity.
- Bard: Musical-based heroes, whether they be rockers, metalheads, rappers, Techno DJ's, Crooners, or even Country stars.
- Druid: A nature-based class that communes with nature, whether it be plant, animal, or mineral, they can manipulate nature to their bidding.
- Witch-Doctor: A shamanistic character who fights evil and wards off dark spirits.
Here's the character sign-up sheet...
edited 27th Aug '12 8:11:48 PM by PaulieRomanov