Greetings, everyone! This is Parable speaking and I'm here to kick off our Seventh Writing Contest
! Ready to dig out those plot bunnies and work those keyboards? If so, then step right up and sign on for this contest. This is chance to show your all, your skills, your improvement, your commitment to the art of writing. Don't be shy, first timers are always welcome and veterans are always welcome back! So let us get this ball rolling; This is the Seventh TV Tropes
- Must be 2000 - 5000 words.
- Stick to the theme.
- Meet the deadline.
- Original work only.
- Whatever else we might think of later.
Work With What You Got
This theme was the runner up from last season and it's been decided to revive it for this one. Work With What You Got is about writing a story with certain conditions, namely that you must utilize four objects (read: Nouns, excluding persons or places) to be component in your story. Think of them as a special set of building bricks that you will use to build your story out of. Judges will rate your theme appropriateness based on how well you utilized each object. What's that mean? If one of the objects is a yo-yo, then having Bob play with a yo-yo will score you points. Having Bob's yo-yo turn out to be a critical piece of evidence in his murder will get you even more.
As part of this season's contest, everyone will be allowed to submit one object over the next 48 hours. After that, four of them will be selected at a random drawing and those will be out thematic objects. So our contest actually begins on Wednesday, when everyone will know what we got to work with.
Note: As Host, I reserve the right to not include submitted objects in the drawing if they are basically impossible to work with. To the wise guy itching to type "Dark Matter" for an object, I've got my eye on you.
1. When you are finished with your work, post it on Free Text Host, an anonymous text-hosting service. It uses BB Code and you can assign administrator passwords for tweaking. Do not post your name anywhere in it! The judging process is blind!
2. Send a PM with the URL of your Free Text Host story to our Entry Handler, [To Be Determined]. [To Be Determined] will pass the URL of the story on to all the judges. Your name will not be included since, as stated before, the judging process is blind.
3. When the submissions are done, URLs to all the stories will be posted here, and the judges will post their results when they're done here in the thread.
All entries must be turned in by September 21, Midnight Pacific Time.
Freezair For A Limited Time
edited 6th Sep '12 10:47:40 AM by Parable
You give me joy, You give me hope, You give me love that doesn't change.