Needs Help: Matriarchy In Name Only get usage counts
Deadlock Clock: 18th Sep 2012 11:59:00 PM
edited 20th Sep '12 11:07:28 AM by Madrugada
edited 20th Sep '12 8:52:35 PM by Madrugada
edited 21st Sep '12 10:36:02 AM by lexicon
edited 21st Sep '12 10:47:17 AM by CobraPrime
edited 21st Sep '12 10:57:09 AM by Madrugada
edited 21st Sep '12 1:54:25 PM by Madrugada
- InfiniteStratos is more of an excuse setting, but doesn't actually show it isn't ruled by females. The events of a single exception of a male student isn't really enough to sway that, unless the Light Novel shows differently (but that's not written in the example).
- Traveller seems to play with the Matriarchy trope, if that, but not this one.
- Exalted seems to generally be an almost gender-equal society, much like in some real world countries, actually, but few people would call them "Patriarchy in name only".
- Quest for Glory III has a comparison to lions, which isn't strictly either matriarchal or patriarchal. They have different roles, and act differently. If anything, it seems mostly accurate to what it claims to be, which means it's not an example.
edited 21st Sep '12 4:24:37 PM by AnotherDuck
edited 22nd Sep '12 1:29:04 PM by abloke
- The Princess Diaries is an inversion as Genovia is supposed to be ruled by a man, or at least a married woman, but the widow manages to pass it on to her unmarried granddaughter who feels confident that she can rule without a husband because she loves her country.
- In Nobodys Princess of the Princesses of Myth series the crown goes to the daughter, Helen of Troy, but it's her brothers who are respected for being the important ones so much that Helen wants to go on adventures like them to prove herself.
edited 22nd Sep '12 7:14:12 PM by Madrugada
edited 23rd Sep '12 1:28:02 PM by AnotherDuck
edited 25th Sep '12 11:23:27 AM by AnotherDuck
Page Action: Matriarchy In Name Only
10th Jan '13 1:22:44 AM